PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell quits...

Toma
11-15-2004, 06:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4013967.stm

Davide
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Thats a shame he seemed to be pretty level-headed

B17a
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM
I feel bad for the guy, he's the smartest of the bunch and has had a very respectable and honorable career, however he will always be tainted by his WMD campaign, however I think he was very much a puppet of Dubya.

QuasarCav
11-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I feel bad for the guy, he's the smartest of the bunch and has had a very respectable and honorable career, however he will always be tainted by his WMD campaign, however I think he was very much a puppet of Dubya.

:werd:

That article sums it up. He didn't care who he reported to, he was a military man.

He was used incorrectly and put in the wrong position, A waste of intellect by Dubya.

Proyecto2000
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
:drama:

Shaolin
11-16-2004, 12:33 PM
i frequently visit a forum in the US.. and when this topic was posted yesterday, all the posts were "I'm moving to Canada if Condi takes over"..

wonder how it'll turn out..

Davide
11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Ya I heard about that, they even got sites for Canadians with big hearts who are willing to marry Americans just so they can get into Canada

hjr
11-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I feel bad for the guy, he's the smartest of the bunch its nice to think that, but most of the people in the bush whitehouse are extremely intelligent. the problem lies in that they are generally also ideologs and cant see anything but from their perspective. its known as cognitive dissidence and everyone has it to some extent or another, but cheney and wolfowitz and their ilk have it baadddddd.

and has had a very respectable and honorable career, however he will always be tainted by his WMD campaign, however I think he was very much a puppet of Dubya.i cant argue much here. he should have retired when he was opposed to the iraqi war. then he goes with honour. now he leaves with-out it...

Singel
11-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Rice is not going to be good at all, I don't see how a "career woman" is really qualified for that position.

Without being sexist, my main knock on female politicians is that they are sort of forced to take hard, aggressive stances on many issues, because they would be critisized for being "soft" if they didn't, event though being passive might be the best course of action. Men don't have to defend themselves from being seen as soft

civicrider
11-17-2004, 01:54 PM
rice = :thumbsdow
never liked her she wont do the government any good in that position

Ajay
11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Singel
Rice is not going to be good at all, I don't see how a "career woman" is really qualified for that position.

Without being sexist, my main knock on female politicians is that they are sort of forced to take hard, aggressive stances on many issues, because they would be critisized for being "soft" if they didn't, event though being passive might be the best course of action. Men don't have to defend themselves from being seen as soft

Not necessarily. Clinton had Madelaine Albright as his Secretary of State and she wasn't all that aggressive...granted she was a Democrat rather than an oil hungry, war happy Republican.

I'm sad to see Colin Powell go....in Bush's cabinet he was the one that commanded the respect and when he talked people listened. In my opinion he could easily run for President for the Republicans in 2008. But he said at the beginning in 2000 that he was only going to serve one term no matter what...promises he made to his family.