PDA

View Full Version : carwashes

thinmyster
11-16-2004, 12:50 AM
was just wondering where everyone went to wash their cars/to get them detailed... jonny rockets??? aha

kiwi
11-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Esso Touchless

t-im
11-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Esso Touchless

or those self spray ones..when I have lotsa time and nothing to do

turbotrip
11-16-2004, 01:09 AM
brentwood dogwash :thumbsup:

jaysas_63
11-16-2004, 01:10 AM
nothing more fun and rewarding than ur own driveway :thumbsup:

teamPRO
11-16-2004, 01:21 AM
johnny rockets sucks man. dont go there. the didnt dry my car very well. had a lot of water spots on the bumper. and its about double the price of the wash you get at petro. im all about the coin spray. 2 bucks and some paper towels can do your car well.

nj2Type-S
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Esso Touchless. i always use my Esso points hehe :D

dieselpower91
11-16-2004, 01:34 AM
if im lazy I use esso extra points.
otherwise I use my driveway or else go to bowness car wash or sometime brentwood car/dog wash!!!

are you looking for interior cleaning as well?

turbo'dGSR
11-16-2004, 02:34 AM
I never go to drivethru washes dont trust them...seen bad things happen. I always go to the spray yourself places, theyre all over, 2 or 3 bucks will do you good!:thumbsup:

froggy
11-16-2004, 03:05 AM
Always on th driveway, with baby-hearwash :thumbsup:

http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/strange/terrible.jpg :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you know this (http://www.mazda.co.uk/know/mazda_movies/MegawashGuys.wmv) one?:D

And why having the same car (http://users.skynet.be/fa011459/toyota.wmv) as somebody else?:confused:

But you don't have to stop (http://www.weirdspot.com/movie/carwash.wmv) for the wash:D

Hash_man
11-16-2004, 03:11 AM
I never go to drivethru washes dont trust them...seen bad things happen. I always go to the spray yourself places, theyre all over, 2 or 3 bucks will do you good!

I dunno... I usually hit up my own driveway, but we've had issues with water pipes bursting outside in the winter, so their shut off, and I usually use the coin wash on Horton road, near Heritage.

Although I like the drive-through washes because they was the underside of your car... one thing I'm worried about is being too low for the wash. I had a buddy get stuck at the front of one because his car was too low, and mine is pretty low... so ya..
:confused:

Xtrema
11-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Driveway in summer

Esso self wash in winter.

AcuraTl
11-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Driveway in summer

Esso self wash in winter.

YePzor, but usually when have spare time in Summer ill do self wash 2-3 dollars works well, either that or in winter, when pipes are winterized, since i cant use preassure washer, the old bucket comes out :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thinmyster
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
anyone live in the SW

Rav4Guy
11-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
anyone live in the SW

There is a car wash on 17th ave right across from Ernest Manning High School, shell gas station. Its called "Mile-Wide Car Wash". Its a self wash location with individual bays.

THere is also a car wash on Richmond Road. right across beside the sport check mall area. Its called western pride. Also another self-wash with individual bays.

As someone said earlier.. the "dog wash" in brentwood is pretty good. I usually take a drive up there to wash my car.

Kaos
11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
N.E.- Next to 21st Century auto.

S.E.- 52nd St. -Shell car wash- Ghetto but freakin strong spray.

Chestermere car wash- Probably the best maintained car wash I have seen so far.

dsmer
11-16-2004, 12:23 PM
i say do it yourself. that way you know its good :D johnny rockets suck balls. overpriced and they treat your car like shit. not to mention their regular wash for 11 bucks is not even as good as a petro basic wash for 5 dollars !!

thinmyster
11-16-2004, 12:45 PM
oh i actually work at a shell as some of the members know
we have an individual wash but its kinda shitty just wanted to know where u guys go cause i heard drive through ones are bad for your car? unless they are touchless!?

ricosuave
12-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
nothing more fun and rewarding than ur own driveway :thumbsup:

not supposed to do that. against calgary law.

the phosphates in the soaps, as well as the dirt/silt get into the storm sewer drains, which flow, untreated to the river.

rico

Team_Mclaren
12-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave

the phosphates in the soaps, as well as the dirt/silt get into the storm sewer drains, which flow, untreated to the river.

rico

i think you just arent allow to use soap... thats all.

i go to big bucket at crowfoot winter/summer.. used to work there for a bit..

Fire_chickin
12-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave

rico

It's OK as long as you buy bio degradable soap. They sell it for pressure washers but you can use it with a bucket too. I used to work at Princess Auto and you can buy it in big 5 gallon pails or by the jug.

dankish1
12-01-2004, 02:55 PM
i got to either brentwood or big bucket both are good car washes... i belive there owned by the same guy and if u get lucky at brentwood the owners daughter is working:drool:

Rav4Guy
03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
anyone find that the esso touchless doesn't clean very well? I just went through it twice and it looks washed.. but upon closer inspection, all the road grime/water mark are all there!!!

I've got a black vehicle too... :(

Skyline_Addict
03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
anyone find that the esso touchless doesn't clean very well? I just went through it twice and it looks washed.. but upon closer inspection, all the road grime/water mark are all there!!!

just do the spray-it-yourself type wash.
much cheaper, and you are in command of how good the wash will turn out.

Rav4Guy
03-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

just do the spray-it-yourself type wash.
much cheaper, and you are in command of how good the wash will turn out.

that's true.. but I decided to redeem 490 points and get a protection wash.. (their best one) and still.. it turned out like crap.

I've always gone to the self-wash by brentwood and IMO, turns out very nice... maybe because I hand-wash then hand-dry.

civic_stylez
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
i go to the do it yourself shell in aveneda off macleod. good guns and you can take as long as you want to dry indoors, so no water spots!

cman
03-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by dankish1
i got to either brentwood or big bucket both are good car washes... i belive there owned by the same guy and if u get lucky at brentwood the owners daughter is working:drool:
interesting, i have never seen her. perhaps ill have to go there more often.

if im lazy i go to my old work and get the extreme wash for free (coop wash).
if its nice weather and i feel like shining it up, self wash in brentwood.

thinmyster
03-24-2005, 06:59 PM
yah im quitting my job at shell
im going to miss all the free washes
nevermind I took a shit load of free washes
only two more weeks for beyonders to get their free wash

Rav4Guy
03-24-2005, 07:20 PM
HEY! PM with some info for some free washes please. :D :clap: :clap:

RawB8figure
03-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I just got my car completely detailed inside and out for $195. They did an excellent job. They are in the NE 3825 - 12st, theres a sign out side the shop that says "summer special detailing $195". And if you have scratches they can power polish them out too. Phone number there is 291-3211.

thinmyster
03-24-2005, 07:39 PM
cool post pics!!!!

sexualbanana
03-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy

I think it's mostly because it's road grime that sticks onto your car unless you actually wipe it off physically. I've found that too, but it disappears when you use the brush, or you hand dry your car. The fact that it's a black car doesn't help either.

nismodrifter
03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
summer - driveway
winter - Gas King in Midnapore

VIP_style
03-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
summer - driveway
winter - Gas King in Midnapore
Ditto.