PDA

View Full Version : The Edmonton Prelude Club: 2004 - A Year In Review

D-Man
11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
A Year In Review - 2004

The Edmonton Prelude Club (EPC) has come along way over the past 2 years from our inaugural meet of only 6 Honda Prelude enthusiasts. Over the past year, the EPC has received continued support from the Honda Prelude community in the Edmonton, Calgary and other outlining areas. Our web board forum (www.edmontonpreludeclub.com) is still very active and is considered a daily page visit for most members and other prelude enthusiasts from across Canada.

Currently, the EPC’s membership stands at 32 official members, 51 guest members and numerous on-line web board forum users. Our official membership only slightly grew over the past year, mainly due to the fact that many members didn’t renew their official membership status and had been reverted back to guest status. However, of the 32 official members that we currently have, 17 of them official joined in 2004.

Club promotion is still and will be ongoing. We continue to run our car club enthusiast directory ad in the Sport Compact National magazine. Our business cards still appear on unsuspecting Preludes. For 2004, we introduced handbill flyers, which were used at events and are displayed on our affiliated vendor’s counters. Decals (by Silent Rage) have been made available to all official members so they can show their support. New in 2004 was the introduction of a line of club apparel, which included pullover hoodies and t-shirts. Both items were a great hit and an excellent fund raising tool.

The relationship with our affiliated vendors remains strong. Our affiliates have provided our card-carrying members with excellent service, special club pricing, and most importantly have been involved with our growth over the past 2 years. Our current affiliated vendors are Yellowhead Honda, Alberta Honda, Silent Rage, Certified Radio, PE Tuning Group, Speedtech Racing Development, Pro Drag Performance, and Matrix Motorsports. Sport Compact National Magazine continues to be a sponsor. It is our intent, as a club, to provide them with our continued support.

We made a great effort in attending and making a presence at most of the large Sport Compact events this year, and are as follows:

- V8less Urban Battles (VUB) – Olympic Oval, Calgary (May 15/04)
- V8less Sport Compact Challenge – Budweiser Motorsports Park, Edmonton (May 30/04)
- JB's-Battle of the Imports – Budweiser Motorsports Park, Edmonton (Jun 20/04)
- V8less Urban Battles (VUB) – Northlands Sportex, Edmonton (Jul 10/04)
- V8less Sport Compact Challenge – Race City, Calgary (Jul 17/04)
- Sport Compact Nights - Shaw Centre, Edmonton (Jul 24/04)
- V8less Sport Compact Challenge – Budweiser Motorsports Park, Edmonton (Sep 19/04)

On a special note, the Edmonton Prelude Club represented in full force at the V8less Sport Compact Challenge that was held at Race City in Calgary. There were 11 cars in attendance and with all of our hard work; the club took home the “Best Show Team” award.

We also made a presence at Autorama/World of Wheels (Feb/04), Edmonton Motor Dealers Association (Feb/04), and the Powerama Motoring Expo (Apr/04).

This year in particular, we were invited to participate in the 20th annual Edmonton Street Rod Association Summer Cruise “20” (Jun/04), which was held at Hawerlak Park & Fort Edmonton Park. We were the first ever Sport Compact Car Club to attend this event in it’s 20 year existence. All proceeds of this event went to numerous charities in the Edmonton area. We look forward to participating in this event next year…

Social meets and events were well attended this year. Our Weekly Friday Night Meet/Cruise in particular had the best turnouts with an average of 8 cars, with some great cruises around and out of the city. We attended a variety of local car shows, cruises and BBQ’s, to name only a few of our activities. We even had a tour of Speed Tech Racing Developments performance shop. To end the season, we had our first annual “End of Summer BBQ”, which was a great success. Club spirit has continued to inspire interest, which I hope continues throughout the winter months.

On August 14th, we held our first ever Official EPC Photo Shoot at the Research Park in Edmonton. We had a total of 18 preludes in attendance and 3 photographers snapping the pictures. It was definitely a learning experience in patience to set-up that many cars but the end result was well worth it. I’m optimistic that next year there will be even more cars.

Heading into 2005, we are looking forward to a great year full of activities and new ideas. With the pictures taken from the first Official EPC Photo Shoot, I’m looking into getting full sized posters made. These will be used both as promotional and fund raising tools. I’m also looking into expanding the clubs apparel line to include work style jackets, flex-fit baseball caps and lanyards. We will once again attend most of the big shows that roll into Edmonton and Calgary. We will continue to support the smaller local events put on by other car clubs or performance tuning shops. We will continue to organize more local cruises, BBQ’s, and other social get togethers. We will continue to host our weekly Meet/Cruise Night at the Air Museum, but it will now be on Saturday’s. New for 2005 will be the weekly Friday Night Track Meet, in conjunction with the Street Legal Drag Event. We will also host a monthly garage day so that members can install those cool performance parts, do some regular maintenance, find solutions to mechanical problems, or just lend a helping hand. We will also try to set-up performance tuning shop tours, information sessions, and workshops.

I am very excited about our future and thankful for those who have helped to bring the EPC to where it is today.

rage2
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Now that buh_buh's in edmonton, did he join the club yet?

Superesc
11-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Now that buh_buh's in edmonton, did he join the club yet?

He should atleast have a sticker right??? :D

D-Man
11-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Kevin was a originally a member but never renewed since he was debating on selling his car at the time.

However, since he has decided to keep his car and is now living in Edmonton, I hope that he does renew his membership.

Oh, and he better buy some stickers to put over those "beyond.ca" ones he's sporting now (j/k).

buh_buh
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
haha i dont even have any beyond stickers on my car! Fuck beyond!:thumbsdow

roopi
11-16-2004, 01:41 PM
They didn't have purple stickers? :D

D-Man
11-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
haha i dont even have any beyond stickers on my car! Fuck beyond!:thumbsdow

Hahaha. We'll, whatever ones you have on your car now, take them off biatch and slap on some EPC's :thumbsup:

1-Bar
11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by D-Man

Hahaha. We'll, whatever ones you have on your car now, take them off biatch and slap on some EPC's :thumbsup:

Grab some 780 ones too!!

D-Man
11-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Grab some 780 ones too!!

I hope your joking...

kevie88
11-18-2004, 09:24 AM
lol

EPC club has worked really hard and has great representation.. I woulda joined if I still had my car. Seems like every time I'm in Ed I see a Prelude with an EPC sticker..

EK 2.0
11-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
lol

EPC club has worked really hard and has great representation.. I woulda joined if I still had my car. Seems like every time I'm in Ed I see a Prelude with an EPC sticker..

it's prolly the same car everytime...the 240 has a stalker...:D