PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1990 Honda Civic Si HB (black)

rculver
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
1990 Honda Civic Si Hatchback (black).

ZC engine swap (40K on rebuilt motor), most under the hood was replaced with new at time of swap.
- stock manifold, stock intake, ~165hp, very good daily driver.
- Rative one-piece stainless steel exhaust.

Lowered 1.5", Eibach Pro kit.

16" rims with Z-rated summers.
15" rims with Arctic Alpine winters.

Paint 2 years old.
- minor mods: shaved quarters, bumper.
- a few chips on the hood, but not bad.

Interior is stock and clean with everything working.
- short shift.

Competition sound system
- 2 years old. In-dash disc player with 2 Alpine R10 subs in Alpine box, driven by Alpine Digital V12 amp (T757).

Extras
- Car alarm
- Auto Start

I just bought a Smart Fortwo Passion, so I guess I should sell my Civic... crappy.

This is a great original-black hatchback.
$7000 obo takes it.

I'm in Calgary, make me an offer.

shakil
11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
No zc engine has 165 hp unless modded. what is it, max 130hp? the typical one people swap into these 4th gens? correct me anyone if i'm wrong.

Bump tho for a clean civic with great potential

shurd
11-16-2004, 06:32 PM
that is correct zc is rated at 130hp to the crank, and if u have stock header and intake there is no way ur pushin 165, still 130 will push a civic hb pretty good, get a header, cold air and a intake, and ull push like 145-150

moose_8
11-16-2004, 08:46 PM
how much without the stereo?

rculver
11-17-2004, 10:24 AM
The stereo sells with the car, sorry no parting out.

As for the 165hp, I bought the car from a father-son duo that did all the mods to the car. They told me... that they bought a zc motor and then rebuilt it using an hp upgrade kit (ecu, upgraded parts, etc.) that brings the hp up to 165hp, ...done without changing the air intake or exhaust manifold, in an effort to make it a more consistant daily driver.

I had other motor heads go over the car when I bought it, and everything checked out (Tunerworks knows the car well).

Hope that helps.

rculver
11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
I just talked to the previous owner. He says the 165hp estimate is conservative. The motor was rebuilt "with the intention of later adding a turbo or supercharger", which could get the hp up as high as 200+. (He has no interest in this sale, so there's no reason for me not to trust him.)

I've really enjoyed driving it.

eeseen racing
11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by shurd
that is correct zc is rated at 130hp to the crank, and if u have stock header and intake there is no way ur pushin 165, still 130 will push a civic hb pretty good, get a header, cold air and a intake, and ull push like 145-150

this si a false staement header and CAI do not give you that much Hp think before you post as for the car nice clean adn a free bump as well everyhtign in the motor was most likely beefed up and upgraded 160 might be a little high but would push more than a stock ZC

sabad66
11-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by eeseen racing

this si a false staement header and CAI do not give you that much Hp think before you post as for the car nice clean adn a free bump as well everyhtign in the motor was most likely beefed up and upgraded 160 might be a little high but would push more than a stock ZC

Actually, I heard you can make some pretty decent gains with a CAI/Header/Full exhaust with the DOHC ZCs.

shakil
11-18-2004, 12:13 AM
pic of engine bay!! hopefully its as frickn clean as the rest of the car :thumbsup:

Deetz
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

Actually, I heard you can make some pretty decent gains with a CAI/Header/Full exhaust with the DOHC ZCs.

I had those exact mods done to my old zc a few years ago, they made 13 hp to the wheels.

If the zc was rebuilt, power could really ony have been increased by shaving the head and p&p. I doubt the pistons were changed as the zc has higher comp pistons for a non vtec to begin with. The thing that doen't make sense, is that if it was built for the future of a turbo, you would want to lower compression which would actually make less power.

The car looks great and you have a nice list of extra's for it. Just don't to crazy over hp figures with the zc unless actaully dyno'ed.

DefektiveVibe
11-18-2004, 12:54 AM
bump for a nice ride

does the exhaust scrap on speed bumps and things?

eeseen racing
11-18-2004, 01:15 AM
ya man deetz knows hes done almost every swa in the book

but hes rihgt if you were gonna turbo it it would have 2 be made for high compression but i would say 10 hp max form those mods which is a lot

stil more than a stock and lots of ptential

dont wanna mess your thread up man sorry

good car i would love a ZC swap

rculver
11-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Thanks for all the comments.

Any interest? Please tell me how much you think it's worth.
7000 obo.

(Where else do you sell a car like this? The paper and trader was useless)

vegas2005baby
11-21-2004, 05:19 AM
just a 3 dressed up as a 9, I'll offer you around 4000 for it

eeseen racing
11-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby
just a 3 dressed up as a 9, I'll offer you around 4000 for it

who is this guy??

take off