PDA

View Full Version : Compustar

kkcool6
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know why my compustar will not start the car unless I unlock it? Ive tried everything, resetting everything to factory setting etc. I does not seem to be anything to do with the car as Ive tried unhooking the door lock wires (blue/blublk) from the door and it still wont let me start the car unless I disarm the alarm.

If I disarm the alarm the car starts fine, Now I have it set up so that I have to unlock/disarm the car to start then the car locks the doors after starting but this is a pain. I dont think it is safe as my alarm is disarm while my car is running, only the doors are lock.

Ive tried having the alarm unlock the door before starting and them locking after it start as per the install manual but this does not work either. Since this program feature only unlocks the car door and does not disarm the alarm so the car wont start without disarm!

Please help!!

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-16-2004, 04:17 PM
What kind of car do you have?? Does it have a factory alarm/starter kill? possibly the place that installed your compustar didn't hook up the disarm wire from the unit to disarm the immobilizer in the factory security, thus no start.

kkcool6
11-16-2004, 04:53 PM
It is a 2005 Toyota matrix and the factory alarm was bypass. The keysense wire at the key ignition was hooked to the neg output of the alarm, this should off bypass the factory alarm when the starter is activated should it not?

I know the factory alarm is disarm on unlock but I dont think this is the prob. Cause even when the doors are lock and I unhook the door lock wire to the car, I still cannot start without disarming the alarm. But once I disarm the alarm the car will start even if the door are lock and the factory alarm are still on.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-16-2004, 05:19 PM
K........ so the compustar will start if the compustar alarm is disarmed? or the factory car security disarmed? If the compustar will only start when it is disarmed then you probrably hooked up the starter kill wrong. The yellow black off the relay goes to Key side of the cut starter line and yellow goes to car side of the cut starter line. If these are backwards then thats your problem.