PDA

View Full Version : Hummer 2 rental

thephenom
11-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I've tried searching through old threads for info, but not much found.

I'm trying to locate exotic car rental company(s) across Canada in the major cities, looking for a Hummer 2 rental specifically, Hummer 1 would do too. (ie Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, and Halifax)

I've called all the major nationalwide rental companies, nothing. Called GM HQ to see if they have any partners and such, they know NOTHING. I've I've tried googling them up, but only have results from Toronto. If you are from that area, and/or know a company that rents them out. I've tried contacting a few Dealership as well, but I don't think i could possibly call ALL GM dealership in Canada though. Let me know. TIA

Having company name, phone number, url, etc would be excellent. Thanks for your help.

bruce_eli
11-16-2004, 02:39 PM
I saw a hertz ad in the edmonton journal last year for a H2 rental. Don't hold me on my word cause it could have been another company or a H1.:confused:

thephenom
11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by bruce_eli
I saw a hertz ad in the edmonton journal last year for a H2 rental. Don't hold me on my word cause it could have been another company or a H1.:confused:
Thanks! I'll dig around.

A friend in Edmonton sad one Budget around the area does, I'll have to look into it.

nismodrifter
11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
mind me asking what the big importance is in finding an H2 rental?

ninspeed
11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
i have seen several h2's leased to hertz, and budget.... along with some cts, sts, and dts full loads come through the shop

SikAssR1
11-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Last year I rented a H2 for a buddies wedding....think the company was called Executive Car Rentals, they have everything from H2's to porsche's...you need a pretty big deposit though so make sure your cc is clear:thumbsup:

boy1_
11-17-2004, 01:20 AM
In Vancouver theres a place called Rent-a-Benz, where you can rent Lambo's, Ferrari's, and I believe I have seen an H2 out front when I have driven by.

thephenom
11-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
mind me asking what the big importance is in finding an H2 rental?
My boss wanted some sort of a sales incentive for the sales manager across the country and want to treat the top sales mgr to a weekend or week to drive the Hummer around.

Thanks for your help so far, seems like I'll have to give budget a call.

DonJuan
11-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Hertz in alberta no longer carres teh H2. Calgary had a yellow one. Not sure what colour the Edmonton location had. I do know we charged through the ass for em. ($200/day mandatory insurance @ 39.95/day and $.25/km) SikAssR1 is right, Exectutive car rental is who you need to call in Calgary. They rent almost anything. Their sports cars arn't available in the winter months but an SUV like the Cayenne or H2 shouldn't be a problem.

thephenom
11-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks for your help guys!

So Far I have the following
- Vancouver
- Calgary
- Edmonton
- Toronto

Anything else on the east?