PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reports v2.0

rage2
12-01-2002, 03:18 PM
New OS, new server, new thread!

Please report all bugs/problems with the forum server here as of Dec 1st, 2002. Thanks.

szw
12-01-2002, 04:50 PM
HTTP Error 405
405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Just got that trying to get into www.beyond.ca

reloaded, and went fine.

Zephyr
12-03-2002, 12:02 AM
There seems to have been a slight problem with the Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Zephyr
12-03-2002, 12:04 AM
i seem to be getting that message a lot now...

GTS Jeff
12-03-2002, 12:05 AM
ok, after i post in a thread and i return to the main page, it doesnt update the last poster in the thread..

this is the first itme its happened...so i know its not a problem with my cookie settings or anything

RSeXy
12-03-2002, 12:22 AM
i've gotten the same msg as Zephyr

RSeXy
12-03-2002, 12:22 AM
i've gotten the same msg as Zephyr

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts database.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

GTS Jeff
12-04-2002, 01:53 AM
another bug...this thread still shows 1 reply even tho theres 6 in here

Zephyr
12-04-2002, 05:48 PM
yea it's weird

Ben
12-04-2002, 05:53 PM
have yet to get an error since the new server

GTS Jeff
12-07-2002, 10:33 PM
hmm right now beyond is SLLOWWW and theres only 36 members online. its almost as slow as abcars!

Ekliptix
12-09-2002, 12:38 AM
A lot of the time I write in a reply and hit the submit button, but it says "not found". I have to go back and try again then. I reload to page to see if it had worked.

GTS Jeff
12-19-2002, 04:03 AM
werd that happens to me too

[GaGe]
12-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
A lot of the time I write in a reply and hit the submit button, but it says "not found". I have to go back and try again then. I reload to page to see if it had worked.

happens to me too.. :werd:

Ben
12-22-2002, 03:57 PM

It has happened every second post today

Ferio_vti
02-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Anyone else have trouble logging on today around 6:00 to 7:00??
I couldn't get onto the page at all. All I got was the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. I'm assuming that we had peak usage at the time.

rage2
02-11-2003, 11:29 PM
No problems here... logging in from Shaw, no proxy server.

Ben
02-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Some of the threads take FOREVER to load, they seem to hang, and when they do that it shows it trying to load:

forums.beyond.ca/banners/banner.asp.

some will only load half way and then show Completed but its not, and others take upwards of 30 seconds to a minute to load.

Dunno what it is. :dunno:

It did it when I came to this thread to mention it, and it did it when I posted it.

rage2
02-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Odd, I'll look into it... I have some new anti-hotlinking code that might be contributing to it.

HRD2PLZ
02-15-2003, 07:11 PM

happens to me all the time when I'm editing a post. Except reloading the page doesn't seem to work :dunno: I usually just end up going back to the main page and refeshing it.

boi-alien
02-27-2003, 11:12 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 12:28 PM
I had the same message, but then I kept getting a "No website is configured at this address" message:dunno:

rage2
02-27-2003, 01:03 PM
haha ya ya don't have to rub it in :D.

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha ya ya don't have to rub it in :D.
hehe, I wasn't sure if you got the email, no "rubbing intended":rofl:

rage2
02-27-2003, 01:26 PM
I think I got like 10000 emails in a span of 5 minutes, so I just shut down the site while I repaired. You guys gotta stop hitting that refresh button! :rofl:.

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 01:32 PM
I think I got like 10000 emails in a span of 5 minutes, so I just shut down the site while I repaired. You guys gotta stop hitting that refresh button! :rofl:. :rofl::rofl: Our bad:D

boi-alien
02-27-2003, 03:38 PM
but it's so fun to hit refresh!! lol

Alpine Autowerks
03-01-2003, 07:48 PM
when I tried a search for "porsche" the results coime up "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." but the summary for 10 last searches show 637 items .

cocoabrova
03-04-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm gettign this messafger at the top left of the page and at the same time, the color of the text is changing from black to blue:dunno:

mrmattyk
03-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Seems pretty safe from a DOS attack.

___2PaC___
03-06-2003, 08:59 PM
No Problems here

bksze
03-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
A DNS lookup error occurred. (DNS_MISC_ERROR)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

rage2
03-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bksze
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
A DNS lookup error occurred. (DNS_MISC_ERROR)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

Let me guess, you're on Telus? :D

Telus seems to like to puke regularly, disconnecting a whole portion of the net (including beyond).

bksze
03-20-2003, 02:21 PM
yea i am on telus, thought it was a server problem or something, i'll know for next time . . . i'm not very techno savvy haha as you can tell . . .

Paul
04-24-2003, 12:00 PM
i posted a reply to a thread, but then the page said it had expired, then i posted again and both posts showed up, so i looked like a complete dork (that was my fault) but i don't know why it would show the page as being expired...???

finboy
05-08-2003, 12:17 AM
HELP ME!!!!, when i click on a thread, it puts me directly to the post quick reply and that is all i get, can't scroll or anything.

also, no top banner so i can't even start a thread or check pm's etc.

the only way i can view a page is to click the "show printable version"

HEEEEEEEELP

rage2
05-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by finboy
HELP ME!!!!, when i click on a thread, it puts me directly to the post quick reply and that is all i get, can't scroll or anything.

also, no top banner so i can't even start a thread or check pm's etc.

the only way i can view a page is to click the "show printable version"

HEEEEEEEELP
What browser are you using?

DUBBED
05-08-2003, 09:40 AM
i cant edit posts anymore... everytime i go back to edit them that 40 whatever page not found bullshit shows up

DUBBED
05-08-2003, 09:46 AM
see

The page cannot be displayed

everytime no matter what...

rage2
05-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Odd, clear your browser cache and see if that fixes it. What browser are you using?

DUBBED
05-08-2003, 10:34 AM
internet explorer... the cache is always cleared i have one of those internet cleanup things that deletes the cache everytime you close a window

edit: kay well fuck computers are stupid it works now

speedracer
05-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
internet explorer... the cache is always cleared i have one of those internet cleanup things that deletes the cache everytime you close a window
This sound more like having sporadic network connections. If you are getting page can not be found.

finboy
05-08-2003, 04:01 PM
i'm using internet explorer, still not working

honda1.8
06-19-2003, 11:33 PM
i dont know if this is a new thing but, i am new here and it says i have 11 posts/day, is this a bug, cuz everyones numbers are low and i dont post much:dunno:

D'z Nutz
06-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Yes, it has to do with you being new (one day old). The count is an average of # of total posts divided by days you've been a member.

lammer
07-19-2003, 09:46 PM
that damn thing keeps popping up everytime after i post...

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

finboy
08-04-2003, 09:01 PM
just sent a pm as finboy, went to check out a thread, and all of the sudden i was logged in as eazy21, logged out and logged in as finboy.

i dunno

rage2
08-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Gotta love proxy servers :). If you hit F5 instead of logout/login, it should refresh the page and show who's really logged in. The "other user" is a cahced page on shaw/telus servers.

4wheeldrift
08-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Email address have been removed to protect the haters of spam.

DATA
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:11:02 -0700
Subject: New Private Message at Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts
To: <address>
From: "Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts Mailer" <[email protected]>
X-Spam-Processed: beyond.ca, Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:11:03 -0600
(not processed: message from valid local sender)
X-Return-Path: [email protected]
X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: <my email address>

calarina,

You have received a new private message at Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts from ae1969. Please click here to log in and read it: http://forums.beyond.ca/private.php

Thanks,
Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts team

Why is this showing up in my mailbox?

Fluidic
08-21-2003, 07:37 PM
No problems on my end. Server upgrade is golden.

4wheeldrift
10-05-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm still occasionally getting email alerts that aren't addressed to me.

SinisterProbeGt
11-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Every time i try to reply to a message i get this error and have to hit reload or i will double post?

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

SinisterProbeGt
12-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Still getting e-mails after unsubcribing from the thread
dont know if anyone else gets this?
Also you no longer see the
" your subscription to this ad has been removed" screen?

googe
12-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I'm still occasionally getting email alerts that aren't addressed to me.

Me too. They are preceded with DATA one or more times on a line by itself. SMTP code sounds buggy. I get them fairly often. Today I was SinisterProbeGT!

rage2
12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
hehe I haven't been able to track that mystery bug yet. Still working on it, but yes, it DOES happen.

SinisterProbeGt
12-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by googe

Me too. They are preceded with DATA one or more times on a line by itself. SMTP code sounds buggy. I get them fairly often. Today I was SinisterProbeGT!
nice
:thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
12-09-2003, 11:26 AM
everytime I click edit I get this message?

vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Did You Recently Register? Because if you did, it is likely that you forgot to check your email. We send out an email to you that you must open and click on the activation link before you can post. Often spam filters will throw this message in the trash or spam folder so be sure to check there! If you lost the email, click here to have it emailed to you again.
Logged in user: SinisterProbeGt [logout]

Forgotten your password?

can I get an update to this problem?

nismodrifter
12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
sinister: seems like you are clicking the EDIT button for the post that is ABOVE yours. Remember, the EDIT button for YOUR post is at the BOTTOM OF YOUR POST, not the top.....

that's my guess...correct me if I am wrong though :)

SinisterProbeGt
12-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
sinister: seems like you are clicking the EDIT button for the post that is ABOVE yours. Remember, the EDIT button for YOUR post is at the BOTTOM OF YOUR POST, not the top.....

that's my guess...correct me if I am wrong though :)

Umm ok thx for pointing that out.
:confused: lol I am a dumb ass

nismodrifter
12-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Umm ok thx for pointing that out.
:confused: lol I am a dumb ass

no problem :) I still hit the wrong button sometimes and am like "wtf"

MK3HKS
12-28-2003, 05:06 PM
iam getting this problem when i try to edit MY OWN POSTS!!!:dunno:

rage2
12-28-2003, 05:34 PM
You can't edit your own posts in ask leo :).

MK3HKS
12-28-2003, 05:52 PM
You can't edit your own posts in ask leo :).

y not, thas gay....o well

but yea, i was tryin to post a pic but i was just gettin x's ,
i put [img] in the beggining and [ /img] at the end

5.9 R/T
03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
For some reason I can't see posts of the user CP. I can see the individual threads, but once I click on them all i can see is the quick reply.

5.9 R/T
03-05-2004, 10:40 PM
^^^

of = or

rage2
03-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Post a link of the page in question please. Thanks.

5.9 R/T
03-06-2004, 06:57 AM
It was all pages, every thread. I would click on any thread to read it and the only thing that would come up would be the quick reply box. I don't think it's a beyond problem though since I can read them without a problem now, I think it was the computer i was on. :dunno:

Moonracer
03-12-2004, 01:33 AM
How come I can't attach a file in leo anymore?

D'z Nutz
03-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
How come I can't attach a file in leo anymore?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36850

Moonracer
03-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Hmmm that's weird cause I have seen people that have attached images since that thread and the changes. :dunno: Oh well

Khyron
03-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Email bug still roaring along, but less frequently it seems?

Khyron

lude_conduct
04-24-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm using IE 6.0, and I'm getting a lot of bugs all over the site. The biggest probs are that I can't send PM's (dunno about recieving) and I can't see the links (ie Home, forums, etc...) at the top of the page when I'm in a forum.

Khyron
04-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Email bug still roaring along, but less frequently it seems?

Khyron

I got 2 of the bad emails in a row, but they both happened to be addressed to me anyway.

Khyron