PDA

View Full Version : Turnig noises increased after replacing drive axle

chendrasg
11-16-2004, 04:18 PM
I got the right drive axle replaced on my 93 honda accord when I heard some clicking noise at turns. Now the strange thing is the noises have increased, I hear them when driving straight and the steering wheel is shaking also there is increased pull to the left when I give gas.

The mechanic who replaced the axle kept my car with him for a day and says he cant find any thing wrong. wants me to drive it for a month or so and come back if its making the same noise.

I think he is cheating me, could some body tell if the increase is because of bad job from the mechanic and can i drive the car like this for a month. I also plan to drive in it to Phily for thanks giving.

Thanks,
Chendra

AllGoNoShow
11-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Take it back and tell them you want it replaced, again, with a new axle.

^SkylinE^
11-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Sounds like the axle is bad. I relplaced mine a couple years ago because mine were bad. The made bad clicking noises when i turned. You need a new axle and don't let this guy tell you anything different. it only takes an hour to change axles on both sides. If he won't do it for you its an easy DIY job. hope it all works out for ya.