PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car that's been in an accident?

import_illusion
11-16-2004, 04:21 PM
what exactly is so bad about buying a car that's been in an accident?

and does it raise your insurance dramatically?

yea i know it's stupid for me not to know..but yea i'm dumb haha

civicrider
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
its bad because it might have been repaired cheeply IE full of body filller, its just a big risk taking a car from someone who has crashed and repaired the car.

by the way the car your looking for in your signature is two differnt models of civics 92-92 is one model and 96-00 is another.

jaysas_63
11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
it has nothing to do with insurance cost...its just that after a car has been in an accident there could have been irreaprable frame damedge, and damege to the main structural componnents (that equals a shitty car that won't last long)

QuasarCav
11-16-2004, 04:25 PM
It's a mixed bag when your dealing with a repaired vehicle. On one hand it could be repaired to stock with no problems and you'll get a kiler deal. On the other hand it could have been repaired at the local high school and It could have major problems down the road.

It's your call but buyer beware!

jaysas_63
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
^^^^LOL :rofl: :rofl: that sig is fuckin hellarious takin out of context man

import_illusion
11-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

by the way the car your looking for in your signature is two differnt models of civics 92-92 is one model and 96-00 is another.

yea i know they are two diffrent models..it's just that i wouldn't mind havign a 1995 civic as well

Bonka
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Depending on what was replaced/fixed on a vehicle that has had accident(s), you could use that as leverage to lower the asking price as mentioned above.

People make a bigger deal about it than what it really is. Crappy bodywork and repairs are completely noticeable, just with a discernable eye to make it apparent.

My car has had an accident from the original owner. Cracked rear bumper from low speed rear end. Big deal. Used that in part to take off $1,900 from his asking price :thumbsup:

no9t9
11-17-2004, 04:07 PM
not all repair jobs can be seen very easily. I find the biggest issue with buying a car that has been in an accident is the type of accident. If the car has front end damage (ie, he rear ended someone), I would not buy it simply because there are so many components in the engine area that could have been over looked when it was repaired. Also, I will never buy a car that had its frame welded.. No way..

all sellers of used cars must make available to the buyer the car's history. this is the record in the ministry of transportation. It will show any accidents the car has been in. again, if I see front end damage.. I won't buy it.

euro_racer
11-17-2004, 08:12 PM
theres noting really wrong with buying a before crashed car. its only important that its been fixed good and the frame is straight. even if the car has being in a accident before you would get a killer deal on it and it will sometimes be better than many cars out there on the streets that werent in a accident before

Forcefed
11-18-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
theres noting really wrong with buying a before crashed car. its only important that its been fixed good and the frame is straight. even if the car has being in a accident before you would get a killer deal on it and it will sometimes be better than many cars out there on the streets that werent in a accident before

:werd: :werd:

pinoyhero
11-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Ooooo, be real careful man, the savings aren't worth the hassle IMO. IF your buying a junker, maybe, but other than that I'd stay away, there are just too many cars out there for you to have to settle.