PDA

View Full Version : Awesome new recipe I just created

T5_X
12-01-2002, 06:00 PM
They're a cross between burgers and sloppy joes, but healthier than either and very tasty, here we go:

Ingredients:
1Kg Extra lean ground beef
.5Kg Extra lean ground turkey
1 bottle bullseye bbq sauce of your choice
1 med. yellow onion, diced
about 150--200g crushed bread crumbs
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ground pepper
processed cheese
hamburger buns

Instructions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients:
1Kg Extra lean ground beef
.5Kg Extra lean ground turkey
1 bottle bullseye bbq sauce of your choice
1 med. yellow onion, diced
about 150--200g crushed bread crumbs
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ground pepper
Place a large serrated grill pan over high heat and grease with olive oil
Hand mix all ingredients, insure an even heterogeneous mixture
Shape into 1 and 1/2 inch thick hamburger patties, barely larger in diameter than the buns they will be served on (they have very low fat content and thus will not shrink much)
Save remaining hamburger mix in a tupperware container, and save in freezer
Place patties on frying pan, flip when gilled sufficiently on one side, slightly reduce temperature and place processed cheese slices on top of patties.
When fully cooked and charred sufficiently, place on toasted hamburger buns and enjoy.

Note:
Be careful when flipping and handling, as hamburgers may crumble, but they hold together very well once done, and the cheese is melted (acts almost as a glue) they are much less messy than "sloppy joes"
Do not use on a grill! To get them coherent enough for grill use, reduce amount of sauce and bread crumbs added, and substitute extra lean ground beef for regular ground beef.
This recipe makes a lot! But its great for freezing, then thawing for use on a later date.
Fat content is very low in this meal, under 10g per burger if cheese is used, much lower if cheese is not used.

By Ranger_X

three.eighteen.
12-01-2002, 06:11 PM
hey i'll try it, living alone has been limiting the types of food i've been eating

T5_X
12-01-2002, 06:19 PM
hey i'll try it, living alone has been limiting the types of food i've been eating

I've got quite a few recipes that are good, easy, healthy and real cheap that I can post up, stuff like:

Ultimate grilled cheese sandwiches
Corny corn bread
Black bean chicken soup
Chicken gumbo
The $1.50 liver and onion dinner
Amish white bread
Vietnamese style beef brisket hot pot and coconut rice
Easy lamb chops

Lots of those lipton sidekick meals are really good, just fry up a chicken breast or two then add it to one of those and they make a great meal.

Dope Dealer
12-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Wow, that recipe looks good. I am having Lasagna tonight though, so maybe tommorow! :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
12-01-2002, 06:21 PM
aww dude you kick ass youre like my mom...lol PM me the recipes for the grilled cheese, chicken gumbo, hot pot and lamb thnx

T5_X
12-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Yeh, my dream job is to be one of the Iron Chefs.

The ultimate grilled cheese:

butter one side of each of two slices of large, grain bread, good bread not the crappy stuff.
sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the buttered sides of both slices and press into bread with a spatula
layer white cheddar, slice of ham, pickle slice and processed cheddar on top of each other, sandwich in bread and grill the outsides of the buttered sides of the sandwiches

Lamb chops, I always buy some when they're on sale:
Preheat oven to 325 F
Sprinkle with salt, ground pepper, ground oregano and garlic powder for both sides.
put on oven grate, position pan underneath for fat to drip onto
cook for 35 min, or until slightly pink inside

The gumbo is a little harder to make, but its good. An even better, but more expensive form of gumbo is jambalaya, that's fukin awesome stuff!
The hot pot meal takes all day to make, but its well worth it. I have the recipes to all these but I'll have to dig around a little and write them down, I always just cook off of memory and each time the dishes are a little different.

Madspinner
12-01-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey ranger_x31 are you a chef by the way .

lammer
12-01-2002, 07:01 PM
wow. i wanna become a chef also!!:thumbsup:

ninjak84
12-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Hahaha!
Nice work Will, that sounds tasty! I guess living in Lethbridge kinda forces the creativity out....

Madspinner
12-01-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm a sous chef ,almost there .lol

sexualbanana
12-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Corny corn bread

did u name the recipes urself too?:D

szw
12-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Iron Chef Challenger...from Lethbridge!

tegdream
12-01-2002, 10:42 PM
i dont think ill be putting a sticker for marthastewart.com on my car anymore
:nut:

lammer
12-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Madspinner
I'm a sous chef ,almost there .lol

whered you goto school? i will be applying for sait soon. hehe ahhhhh i love cooking.

LUDELVR
12-01-2002, 11:00 PM

Ultimate grilled cheese sandwiches

What are you, white trash?? hahahaha, Well, you have lived in lethbridge for a while!! hahahaha,

Fucking trailer trash eating their grilled cheese sandwhiches! "Fuck, I'm gonna go get me a grilled cheese! " hahahahaha:rofl:

T5_X
Originally posted by sexualbanana

did u name the recipes urself too?:D

LOL, sure did, catch the pun? :D

oh man I'm retarded :banghead:

No I'm not a chef, I like cooking as a hobby, but I'd never make a career out of it..... Just preparing to be a house husband :D

RSeXy
i always go to my bestfriend's house...she recently moved into a new condo...so she a throws "dinner" parties. i just have to be wary of her strange room mate.

RSeXy
12-01-2002, 11:02 PM

Just preparing to be a house husband :D

its not too often when you find a man who is talented in the kitchen...and no, the microwave doesn't count! :D

T5_X
12-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

What are you, white trash?? hahahaha, Well, you have lived in lethbridge for a while!! hahahaha,

Fucking trailer trash eating their grilled cheese sandwhiches! "Fuck, I'm gonna go get me a grilled cheese! " hahahahaha:rofl:

Hey shaddup! All this white trash's money goes into his white trash daytona :thumbsup:

Why, do you live off caviar, then take whatever's leftover and put it into your ghetto turbo setup? :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
12-01-2002, 11:08 PM
I love cooking :thumbsup: Looks like you have some pretty cool recipes :)

LUDELVR
12-01-2002, 11:11 PM

Hey shaddup! All this white trash's money goes into his white trash daytona :thumbsup:

Why, do you live off caviar, then take whatever's leftover and put it into your ghetto turbo setup? :rofl:

hahahah, you got it brotha!! But you're forgetting one thing, I went there too! Lived off Ichiban and KD for like 3 years!!!
hahaha
actually, I was the appointed chef for my friends there. Everytime we'd crash at my place after a fun-filled night at the Roady, I'd wake up and make brunch like ginger beef, fried rice and shit like that!! hahaha

T5_X
12-01-2002, 11:15 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/pb85e6bb34bca14a01ca0fa0199ad2d8a/fcfba144.jpg

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry peter, but you shoulda never posted that pic! All jokes man :rofl:

Fluidic
12-01-2002, 11:22 PM
HAHAHA... you fucking bastard! LOL

Melinda
12-01-2002, 11:25 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/pb85e6bb34bca14a01ca0fa0199ad2d8a/fcfba144.jpg

Haha now I'm in trouble for taking the picture! lol Dude, you spelled ingredient wrong...;)

Mel

T5_X
12-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Haha now I'm in trouble for taking the picture! lol Dude, you spelled ingredient wrong...;)

Mel

:eek: I should be shot for that

sexualbanana
12-02-2002, 12:11 AM
classic

lammer
12-02-2002, 12:26 AM
hahaha!

Madspinner
12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
ha sweet ,No I never went to school for it ,It is mostly just experience .Lots of cooking for me .

CLiVE
12-02-2002, 11:55 PM
nice bbqing there...

is a new license plate in the works...:rofl:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab3/celicastyle88/sig.html

all in fun....

Melinda
12-03-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
nice bbqing there...

is a new license plate in the works...:rofl:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab3/celicastyle88/sig.html

all in fun....

Ooooh Low Blow Rob! So much meaness on this board...:rofl:

Mel

CLiVE
12-03-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Ooooh Low Blow Rob! So much meaness on this board...:rofl:

Mel

LMAO...

sorry......:D :rofl: :thumbsup:

szw
02-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Gotta fend for myself for the next couple months, so bring on the cheap and easy recipies!

speedracer
02-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
its not too often when you find a man who is talented in the kitchen...and no, the microwave doesn't count! :D

What about boiling water and ichi ban noodle :D

T5_X
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
:eek: Back from the dead!

Hey szw, just get some frozen chicken breasts and a whole bunch of those lipton sidekicks. Awesome, easy and cheap!

Glowrider
02-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Sounds cool man, I'll give that a try next time I have nothing to do. Thanks :)

lammer
02-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by szw
Gotta fend for myself for the next couple months, so bring on the cheap and easy recipies!

ma ma mien