PDA

View Full Version : Straight Hair??

shakalaka
11-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Just wondering, anyone ever got their hair straightened? Chemically, not talking about the hair straightener which you gotta use everyday. Anyone ever got it done? Heard it fucks up the hair bad? Is that true? How much does it cost to get one? Like average...??

t-im
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
it's like perming your hair, and yeah that ain't too hot...umm..try that japanese method out..but im pretty sure it's somewhat pricey

Skyline_Addict
11-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by t-im
it's like perming your hair, and yeah that ain't too hot...umm..try that japanese method out..but im pretty sure it's somewhat pricey

lol yeah.... i have somewhat wavy hair...must be those genes lol

you're a guy right? lol, just leave your hair be....straight long hair looks kinda fruity on guys.

shakalaka
11-16-2004, 08:46 PM
My hair are kinda wavy. I am growing them out and I want straight hair. Whats the Japanese method? I think its hot, even for chicks i prefer straight hair.

shakalaka
11-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

lol yeah.... i have somewhat wavy hair...must be those genes lol

you're a guy right? lol, just leave your hair be....straight long hair looks kinda fruity on guys.

I am not gonna grow them out THAT long. Just bit to like my lips and stuff so that I can make bangs or locks kinda thingies. Front i like, but the wave fucks up the back. Its like going down and at the end a fucking U-Turn kinda thing. I hate the back, thats the only damn part.

Skyline_Addict
11-16-2004, 08:50 PM
for girls it's different man...that's why they're called girls and not guys....
japanese method? from what I know, you use a special spray, comb it through your hair while blowdriying.... that's what the girls do, from what i've seen.

but trust me...keep the hair wave natural...easier to maintain, not as fruity. are you asian? if so, your hair can't be that curly.
when you think about it...the more time and effort u spend doing stuff like this, the more u'll end up looking like a girl...just what i think ;)

t-im
11-16-2004, 08:57 PM
No the japanese method is like..err something about wooden boards and etc etc etc

super time consuming = super $$

unless I was totally imagining that!!!

But..I have super wavy hair, and i've figured short hair is much easier to deal with then long hair!

gkAeris
11-16-2004, 09:00 PM
it cost about $300 and u need to do it every half a year or so...

Skyline_Addict
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by t-im
No the japanese method is like..err something about wooden boards and etc etc etc

super time consuming = super $$

unless I was totally imagining that!!!

But..I have super wavy hair, and i've figured short hair is much easier to deal with then long hair!

OHHHH, THAT.
i didn't think you'd be serious about even thinking about that, so i didn't even think about it myself. :nut: i thought you were asking what japanese girls more commonly do to straighten their hair,

kiwi
11-16-2004, 10:19 PM
The Japanese method is the bio-ionic perms that permanately restructures your hair to make it straight. It lasts up to a year, depending on how fast your new hair grows... very pricey... I've had it done 3 times... just use deep conditioners to keep it moisturized! lol

You can sorta say that the pricier it gets, the better the results... some salons use cheap chemicals that will fry your hair, & if they don't use the straightener properly, you won't get the desired straightness.

For shoulder length hair, expect to pay up to $400. It's really convenient though!

I recommend Cabello in chinatown for the perm. They are expensive, but they do a good job!

Shaolin
11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
for those of you that have met me or remember what I look like.. I've had my hair straightened about 5 times and it's still curly, so you can imagine how curly my hair was before that. I got it done because it was annoying to maintain it.. but once I was in high school I didn't care anymore.

they put these boards in your hair that looks like cardboard and they pretty much use some crap that glues your hair to the board.. and you sit at the chair for like 1/2 hour or somethin.. it's not a painful process or anything, but it's very boring.. I've fell asleep more than once while they were doing it.

I couldn't tell you how much it costs though since I get it done for free.. when it's short it's not noticeable, once my hair grows longer, it's like i'm wearing curly fries on my head.

I also don't know if it's bad for your hair.. I never asked my aunt and uncle about it (they do it for me for free), but it's been years since I got it done, and my hair's still fine.

shakalaka
11-23-2004, 12:34 AM
^^Yea, i guess it doesnt do anything that bad. Its just prolly like getting perms, similar chemicals.

Skyline_Addict
11-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
nce while they were doing it.

I couldn't tell you how much it costs though since I get it done for free.. when it's short it's not noticeable, once my hair grows longer, it's like i'm wearing curly fries on my head.

how can an oriental have such curly hair lol. :D
geez henry.:bigpimp: