PDA

View Full Version : 4 channel amp question

pyro
11-17-2004, 11:07 PM
can u double bridge a 4 channel amp, :dunno:

Deetz
11-18-2004, 12:07 AM
That depends on the make and model of the amp, but yes, 95% of 4 channel amps can have channels 1&2 bridged, and 3&4 bridged acting as a more powerful 2 channel if connected that way.

rahim
11-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by pyro
can u double bridge a 4 channel amp, :dunno:

like deetz said, you can bridge four channels to two, if you meant bridge all four channels to one, that isn't really possible

kanjus_paki
11-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by rahim

like deetz said, you can bridge four channels to two, if you meant bridge all four channels to one, that isn't really possible

unless u hook up each to each coil on the sub (providing its DVC) and providing the ohms work out

pyro
11-18-2004, 08:31 PM
well i have a usa4050 amp it like 50x4 watts and im running a pair of type r speakers off it, i was just wondering if i hooked them up all up to one, so both pair of speakers would be running off all 4 channels is it possible

digitalshogun
11-19-2004, 11:58 AM
ummm ... You want bridged stereo?

ie ... the two left channels bridged to one and the two rights bridges to one?

If that's the case, I am no expert, but I think the answer is no. I don't believe that the amps are designed for that. Bridging is normally done to take the left and right stereo channels and bridge them into one mono channel. Even if it is possible, and once again I am not an expert by any stretch, but I believe that bridging on anything but a rather high quality amplifier reduces fidelity or quality. This is normally okay in a sub situation (for most people it is just for thuds anyway) but normally not what you would want for your components, as it would result in louder and $hittier sound.

If someone would like to correct me, please do. I am now kinda wondering if this would work somehow.