PDA

View Full Version : turbo'd integra

talonboi
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
sleeper integra, sounds really nice.....its a 98 green integra stock looking, stock exhaust, maybe a lil lowered.

i was driving on 14th st south and was quite tired from work. juss eidling and i see this integra rite beside me....i didnt notice anything specail about, then he juss pucnhes it for a sec, and sppppssshhhh!! i was like wow....that sounded cool....i noticed the huge FMIC ...if hes on these boards....juss wanna say it sounds fast man :thumbsup:

Superesc
11-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Could be Aleks!

bruce_eli
11-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Look down the page abit.

h-t (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1034640)

legendboy
11-18-2004, 11:02 AM
:thumbsup:

Scat
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Saw the car yesterday
very nice!

Aleks
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by talonboi
sleeper integra, sounds really nice.....its a 98 green integra stock looking, stock exhaust, maybe a lil lowered.

i was driving on 14th st south and was quite tired from work. juss eidling and i see this integra rite beside me....i didnt notice anything specail about, then he juss pucnhes it for a sec, and sppppssshhhh!! i was like wow....that sounded cool....i noticed the huge FMIC ...if hes on these boards....juss wanna say it sounds fast man :thumbsup:

Haha Thanks man! I guess the RFL has finally been "broken in" Traffic at that time of day on 14th is crappy hey?

Originally posted by Scat
Saw the car yesterday
very nice!

Thanks!
I'm sure you remember my old car. The black altima from Elbow Falls meet. I sold that and got a teg. Much more potential!

talonboi
11-18-2004, 01:56 PM
hey aleks i was driving the black talon when i was beside u lol

Aleks
11-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah I saw you. Nice Talon :thumbsup:

statick
11-18-2004, 04:02 PM
u ever track ur car? wuts ur 1/4 mile time?
ever dyno ur car?

rage2
11-18-2004, 04:07 PM
It put out like 176whp on a mustang dyno at 6.5psi if I remember right. He needs to turn up the boost!

BTW Aleks, are you used to the power yet? Starting to feel like you need some more??? :D

Aleks
11-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by statick
u ever track ur car? wuts ur 1/4 mile time?
ever dyno ur car?

I will run it come spring time. I am pretty sure it could run hi 14s with this much power and some practice. Just for comparason an integra like mine with I/H/E dynoed at 110 whp/ 95 wtq on the same dyno where as I made 176 whp/160wtq. So Im really happy so far, and there's LOTS of room for more boost.

Originally posted by rage2
It put out like 176whp on a mustang dyno at 6.5psi if I remember right. He needs to turn up the boost!

BTW Aleks, are you used to the power yet? Starting to feel like you need some more??? :D

I am kinda getting used to it. I still grin every time I hit boost though :D. By the way what do you think I should aim for in terms of hp to be able to run low 14s hi 13s in Calgary?

finboy
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I will run it come spring time. I am pretty sure it could run hi 14s with this much power and some practice. Just for comparason an integra like mine with I/H/E dynoed at 110 whp/ 95 wtq on the same dyno where as I made 176 whp/160wtq. So Im really happy so far, and there's LOTS of room for more boost.

I am kinda getting used to it. I still grin every time I hit boost though :D. By the way what do you think I should aim for in terms of hp to be able to run low 14s hi 13s in Calgary?

CRANK it ;)

DO it

legendboy
11-18-2004, 05:01 PM
I would definatly hit low 14's ! (at least with me driving :D )

talonboi
11-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Yeah I saw you. Nice Talon :thumbsup:
thnx man...i gotta see u on the street again....luv the sound of ur car...cant wait till i see it run at the track :burnout: :thumbsup:

Shoebox//Racer
11-19-2004, 02:21 AM
hey aleks, damn, your car is coming along awesome!it was lookin pretty low when i saw it about a week ago @ pizza hut.

like scary low ( for calgary anyways )

hehe, the FMIC is lookin good man.

how much clearance you have anyways?

Aleks
11-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah the car is low. I have about 4" clearance on the oilpan and exhaust, so i gotta be carefull in some parts of the city. I just need to find a grill to put on that front, i don't like how the intercooler is all exposed like that.

2002civic
11-19-2004, 10:12 AM
but its pimp:bigpimp: until you get a massive rock that hits it

Shoebox//Racer
11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
What are you talking about aleks!?

dont put a grill infront of it!

You won't be able to use it as a shovel in winter then :clap:

you ever thought of a jdm front? just curious =p

schurchill39
11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Gotta love them sleepers:drool:

Scat
11-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Yeah the car is low. I have about 4" clearance on the oilpan and exhaust, so i gotta be carefull in some parts of the city. I just need to find a grill to put on that front, i don't like how the intercooler is all exposed like that.

Other than the lowering the car looks pretty stock. hide that FMIC and you have a sick sleeper on your hands!

finboy
11-20-2004, 02:47 PM
spray your intercooler black and tell everyone its an AC condensor ;)

statick
11-20-2004, 03:03 PM
is this the one that was at speedtech friday the 19th in the afternoon?

turbo'dGSR
11-20-2004, 03:50 PM
aleks definately a good idea to cover up the FMIC with mesh or something, mine has some damage due to driving for a while with it in wide open spaces. not worth it!!

Shoebox//Racer
11-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR
aleks definately a good idea to cover up the FMIC with mesh or something, mine has some damage due to driving for a while with it in wide open spaces. not worth it!!

hehehe , im sure everyone has seen the pics of the roadkill FMICs. Are you gonna be driving this through winter? i guess you prolly don't have a choice, get a grill on there asap =p

Aleks
11-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by statick
is this the one that was at speedtech friday the 19th in the afternoon?

Nope...

Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer

hehehe , im sure everyone has seen the pics of the roadkill FMICs. Are you gonna be driving this through winter? i guess you prolly don't have a choice, get a grill on there asap =p

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've already caught a few guys off guard :D . Anyone know where I can get a cheap grill or should i just go home depot grill route?

gpomp
11-20-2004, 11:40 PM
a grill won't do shit. cept rice up your slow car.

marq-jt
11-21-2004, 12:11 AM
I never knew by putting a grill will rice up your car...ohh damn maybe i shoudl take mine off i dont want mine to be ricy.....:dunno:

:werd:

"slow" ..... hmmm im guessing yours must be faster...how interesting..but i dont think he really cares... dont think we all do...:whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

you gatta love those sleepers...lol
you shold go for the JDM conversion now lol then it would look awesome...

im plannig on putting a turbo in my car...hopefully by end of spring...lol:D

schurchill39
11-21-2004, 12:16 AM
I hate sleepers because you see them and your like "With a little bit of work that could be a sweet looking ca......" Then they blow your *exploit deleted* socks off and u feel like an idiot.

Shoebox//Racer
11-21-2004, 05:38 AM
aha so much hate from gpomp aleks. its ok... he'll notice his balls have shrunk when he gets back at xmas.

someone is jealous of ur car methinks.

finboy
11-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
I hate sleepers because you see them and your like "With a little bit of work that could be a sweet looking ca......" Then they blow your *exploit deleted* socks off and u feel like an idiot.

:D

schurchill39
11-21-2004, 03:12 PM
This is gunna sound like a newbie question but what does FMIC stand for? Front mounted inter cooler? probly not but...

gpomp
11-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer
aha so much hate from gpomp aleks. its ok... he'll notice his balls have shrunk when he gets back at xmas.

someone is jealous of ur car methinks. we'll see about that.

gpomp
11-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
This is gunna sound like a newbie question but what does FMIC stand for? Front mounted inter cooler? probly not but... yep

Scat
11-21-2004, 03:36 PM

Anyone know where I can get a cheap grill or should i just go home depot grill route?

I wouldn't bother with cheap grille mesh. A friend of mine got his at impressions for $40 and it was pretty strong stuff. After a year now it is still perfectly shaped and looks bitchin.

Another friend of mine got cheap shit and it is somewhat deformed now and beginning to show rust spots.

your turbo set-up is pretty slick, so don't cheap out on the cars appearance ... IMO.

jegger69
11-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Aleks, im not a honda man i dont really like them at all, but your car is tight man, keep it clean and quick it looks good, keep up the good work man :burnout: :thumbsup:

Aleks
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
we'll see about that.

Bring it on!

Originally posted by Scat

I wouldn't bother with cheap grille mesh. A friend of mine got his at impressions for $40 and it was pretty strong stuff. After a year now it is still perfectly shaped and looks bitchin.

Another friend of mine got cheap shit and it is somewhat deformed now and beginning to show rust spots.

your turbo set-up is pretty slick, so don't cheap out on the cars appearance ... IMO.

40 bux for a grille? That's pretty cheap. The one's I've seen online are like 150 bux from grill craft! Maybe I'll call them see if they have something for a teg.

Originally posted by jegger69
Aleks, im not a honda man i dont really like them at all, but your car is tight man, keep it clean and quick it looks good, keep up the good work man :burnout: :thumbsup:

Thanks man! That's a nice compliment especially from someone who's not a honda fan! :thumbsup:

finboy
11-21-2004, 06:28 PM
will an OEM grille work :dunno:

Seanith
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
he probably had to hack his oem one out to accomodate the intercooler.. hes thinking putting something infront to minimize damage to the intercooler.. the oem one wouldn't do anything to help that.

gpomp
11-21-2004, 07:13 PM
oh such hate on here. :whipped:

Aleks
11-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah the oem grill wont do chit. So I have to do something else. gpomp is messing around. A ride in his car actually conviced me I needed boost!

Seanith
11-21-2004, 11:44 PM
oh, i thought he was being a fag :)

EK 2.0
11-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
oh, i thought he was being a fag :)

you don't know the half of it...he doesn't have to try:D

1-Bar
11-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

you don't know the half of it...he doesn't have to try:D