PDA

View Full Version : VC TRADE w/ PORTLAND?!?!

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2004, 03:05 PM
OK guys, here are reports that raps and blazers are close to reaching a deal. They say this is not a rumor and both sides are tryin to work a deal out.

T.O. gets
Shareef
Derek Anderson
+1 filler player

Portland gets
Vince Carter
Jalen Rose

I'm totally not feelin this trade. I mean D.A. is nice but is no where near the level Jalen Rose is. And shareef is a natural PF so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. I'm sure raps would love to get rid of Rose and his enormous contract tho.

topher91
11-18-2004, 03:08 PM
OMG..... there goes the season again!

roopi
11-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by topher91
OMG..... there goes the season again!

They are 4-5 so it's not like they were great. They got lucky their first few games.

bigboom
11-18-2004, 03:29 PM
seems completely retarded...

Team_Mclaren
11-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
seems completely retarded...

:werd: gives up by far the two best players for some chumps....:thumbsdow

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2004, 03:47 PM
^ hey man shareef is not a chump haha

2002civic
11-18-2004, 03:49 PM
all about the banjamins, theyre going to be "rebuilding" once again, im sure in a cpl year stheyll be good again with decent draft picks

izzoblitzo
11-18-2004, 03:59 PM
I dont get it. They said they wanted a player that would bring people to the seats.. I wouldnt exactly say people would wanna go see the raptors for Shareef :rolleyes:

what about CB4? He plays the same position as Reef, and that would move him out of position at the 5.. what the heck did they draft Arujo for?

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
yea but Vinsanity is dead, no point in keeping him here.
And Jalen is a cool guy, but his contract is just a cap killer.

Anyways, i hope T.O gets someone good from FA.

pile_0_crap
11-18-2004, 04:26 PM
vince is useless, let the cry baby go, i say screw giving away jaleen and give'em peterson. chris bosh is all hype as well, he's undersized and unpredicatble, one game he'll go off for 16 and the next he'll score 2 points. is anderson a sg or pg?

Singel
11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
That would be a great trade for the Raptors, but they wouldn't do it. They should get Telfair (baby AI) and Miles/Van Exel/Stoudamire for VC, better players and more exciting to watch too, if people weren't in love with vince's star power it would be great.

pile_0_crap
11-18-2004, 04:39 PM
can't stand VC, seriously what kind of player complains about not being consulted about who the franchise hires as a head coach or a GM? maybe if you've done something like take the team to more then one playoff run or bring home a championship then maybe you can be in on those negotiations but if you can't even lead your team to the playoffs then sit down and shut up. singel--> telfair would be pimp in t.o. but the next 2-3 years is rafeers time to shine. he's gonna carry that team no matter who they bring in. p.s. drafting arujo is as bad as a move letting mcgrady leave rather then giving him the time to develop w/ VC

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2004, 06:50 PM
^ Mcgrady wanted to leave, VC wanted it to be a 1-2 punch like Money and pip. Next 2-3 years its skip's time??
the dude is 27, his prime is now.

Originally posted by Singel
That would be a great trade for the Raptors, but they wouldn't do it. They should get Telfair (baby AI) and Miles/Van Exel/Stoudamire for VC, better players and more exciting to watch too, if people weren't in love with vince's star power it would be great.

Reports say it was raps that initiated the talks.
Telfair is gonna be a huge bust. and shareef better than miles and we dont need any PG's that get horny with shooting haha

chris bosh is all hype as well, he's undersized and unpredicatble, one game he'll go off for 16 and the next he'll score 2 points. is anderson a sg or pg?

Dude is in his 2nd year, give him a chance haha
what do u call yao?? one night he scores 20 next game he grabs 2 rebounds :rolleyes: smae thing man, u cant label them busts yet.

Si_FlyGuy
11-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Shareef's fast enough to play the 3 position isn't he? I'd do the trade cuz Reef is going to contribute more than VC. Telfair's a good gamble IMO...he's got a lot of upside.

Aruajo should be a good presence with his work ethics...but we seriously could've done way better.

Jynx
11-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree its a useless trade economically for toronto....they need to sellt cikets, by trading vince carter fka mr highlight reel for a powerfoward is kinda uselesss
statistically its great for both teams
portland could use a good 3 man
and shareef would be instant success on his new team...
shareef is very underated

Si_FlyGuy
11-18-2004, 07:26 PM
ESPN says that Toronto proposed the trade. I think that they could get a little more seeing that most of VC's value is in his marketability.

PGTze
11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Derek Anderson would be a nice fit, but I dunno about shareef, he's a born loser, and he just keeps on proving it. Shareef is one of the most over rated players in the league IMO.

MM99lude
11-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I really like Anderson, but the thing is that i really dont like carter. if he left i wouldnt shed a tear. He would be better off some where else anyway. The raptors can do fine with out him, the addition of shareef would put back some of the points and then just give the ball to CB4 and let him run show.

coco0067
11-18-2004, 10:20 PM
look at the up side

Alston
Anderson
Reef
Bosh
Woods or Marshal

This would be a better starting 5..They don't really loose anything. They'll be taller and better defensively...Both Vince and Rose go hot and cold...CB4 can now be the first option for offense. then kick it out to Reef or Anderson. They should also trade Mopete (dead weight).

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Well raps would be in better in a cap situation as they probably get expiring contracts and DA and Reef's contract arent as ugly. babCock would be a fool if he doesnt ask for for a pick as well.

Wildcat
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
any new progress on the lockout?

wildrice
11-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
any new progress on the lockout?

um........aren't u in the WRONG thread???

vc trade w/portland = basketball
lockout = hockey

Wildcat
11-19-2004, 04:32 AM
:rofl:

bigboom
11-19-2004, 01:50 PM
shareef is completely over rated...look at all teh teams he has been on, have any of them ever been a winner? the guy is a bust. sure he is a decent 4 but definitel not someone to lose VC and Rose for.

DA would be alright but still to get back only DA and Shareef would be suicide and this season would be in the dumps. If they could pick up Vanexel that would be wicked to see, run two PG's like dallas did with nash and van exel except van exel is gettin old...

PGTze
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
shareef is completely over rated...look at all teh teams he has been on, have any of them ever been a winner? the guy is a bust. sure he is a decent 4 but definitel not someone to lose VC and Rose for.
:werd:

There really isn't anything the Blazers can offer the Raptors that I can see working well in Toronto. They need to look some where else, cause the only player in Portland that is worth trading VC away for is maybey Randolph, and the Raps already have a young up and coming PF in Bosh.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

:werd:

There really isn't anything the Blazers can offer the Raptors that I can see working well in Toronto. They need to look some where else, cause the only player in Portland that is worth trading VC away for is maybey Randolph, and the Raps already have a young up and coming PF in Bosh.

OK you guys are missing the big picture. Reef has a expiring contract and NVE does as well, if he's the one that comes too. That's crazy good cap space for signing a big name FA......like jesus shuttlesworth haha and another big name. Raps will come out on top in this trade. Let's face it, Raps arent going anywhere this season and portland certianly isnt gonna do anything in the west even with VC and rose. What they end up with is a pussy and a overpaid rose.

Also, reef has been way more consistent and productive than VC this season.

cman
11-19-2004, 10:25 PM
^^^ hmm good piont i never looked at it taht way. on the other hand taht is assuming they CAN get a good free agent signing, not bashing TO but who the hell would want to play in TO right now?

RiCE-DaDDy
11-20-2004, 07:09 AM
^^ i mentioned jesus = ray allen. he actually said he would be interested in coming to TO, but with the way the sonics are playing im not so sure now

PGTze
11-20-2004, 04:15 PM
^^^ yeah it's looking unlikely that the sonics would mess with their 8-1 team, or is it 9-1? Either way I can't see VC for Allen right now unfortunatly.

64SON
11-20-2004, 10:22 PM
keep rose & trade some draft picks

64SON
11-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Teyshaun Prince for Vince :D
that'd be sweet hehehehe

accordboi_02
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Apparently the trade has been put on hold to make it a 3-way trade as Rahim doesn't want to play in Canada again, apparently.

CKY
11-25-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
Apparently the trade has been put on hold to make it a 3-way trade as Rahim doesn't want to play in Canada again, apparently.

and neither does canada want him to play in here ;)

IMO what we really need is a dominate center that can offset bosh's size on forward