PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Dominican republic

Kobe
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
going for christmas, anyone know what i should check out, i'll be in Puerto Plata staying in RIU MAMBO anyone been to this hotel :) any feedback will be good :)

Davide
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
My brother went this summer, said he had a hell of a time. He had to get used to the idea of all the armed gaurds around his Hotel though. Oh and don't forget you Hepatitis shots

I'll ask him what he did of interest while he was there, and I'll post it here for ya.

davidI
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Hepatitis shots?!?

I'm going at christmas too...don't know the details of the resort and stuff yet though.

Kobe
11-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Hepatitis shots?!?

I'm going at christmas too...don't know the details of the resort and stuff yet though.

Find out what hotel, some buddies of ours are going this week, just booked a flight, well see how the like it..

O ya, tell us more about the shots :S

Update: Just talked to my mom shes a travel agent, she said we dont have to get any shots... ummm

rage2
11-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Hepatitis shots? You bangin' the cheap hookers there? :rofl:

I was at Puna Canta in September, got hit by a hurricane lol.

pixil9
11-19-2004, 10:11 PM
hepatitis can be in your ice cubes in drinks and such.

JordanLotoski
11-19-2004, 10:17 PM
ive been there few years back....honestly i dont think id ever go back to PP, beaches suck...food was bad, watered down booze, and you kinda felt forced to stay on the resort. due to the gaurds with semi-automatic machine guns at the front gate.....id love to go to punta cana, i say if u have a lil extra cash go there from what ive heard its 100 times better

anyways man good luck

pyro
11-20-2004, 12:35 AM
ya i was there last winter, its amazing:thumbsup: im pretty sure we stayed in that hotle as well, very nice

Kobe
11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
its suppose 2 be 3 hotels in one, what did you do for activities? are the cigars good?

and do they have the mopeds, dose are fun :)

civicrider
11-20-2004, 11:24 AM
im going there in 12 days 1000 for 8 days all inclusive, its a shit show out there.:thumbsup:

Davide
11-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by pixil9
hepatitis can be in your ice cubes in drinks and such. Thats exactly what I was getting at, got nothing to do with bagging a hoe, heck that way you would have at least got a piece of ass out of it. I think if that you're going to be drinking be smart and immunize:thumbsup:

pyro
11-20-2004, 07:08 PM
ya we went scuba diving (highley recomend its amazing) we also went on a couple trips, one to the cigar factory they should the histroy of it and how they are made it was pretty intresting we also went one to like a zoo or something think it was called maniti park or somethin it wasent bad we aslo went on bravro runners trip and it was also good so there pretty pricey but fun. the cigars are also amazing definetly try the vanilla's :D there good

Kobe
11-20-2004, 07:14 PM
i think im going to take requests on cigars :) but i'll buy some of the vanilla's yah we have free scuba diving at our hotel i think, so im going to have to try that out :), The cigar factory would be pretty fun, if they let u try the cigars ;)

11-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I was there in the summer and it was awesome! yea there were armed gaurds around my resort also! it is very pretty! but stay away from teh beaches late at night! bad experince including a prostitue and about 5 gaurds! dont ask!

Davetronz
11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
I had a cruise which started in the Dominican and ended there. Due to the tides the boat couldnt dock at port and had to go to the other side of the island.
Anyways, we had to take a bus across the island to get to the other port. Areas that tourists arent supposed to see. It was one hell of an eye opener.
Like a huge mansion with people living in cardboard boxes in the dirt next door. Lots of garbage in areas too.
Anyways, the rest of the island was really nice, but yea, the parts they dont want tourists to see are pretty bad...

kanjus_paki
11-20-2004, 08:06 PM
ya been to punta cana its the shit on all inclusive

Marsh
11-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
its suppose 2 be 3 hotels in one, what did you do for activities? are the cigars good?

and do they have the mopeds, dose are fun :)

No, the dominicans Roll the cigars too tightly:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seinfeld haha