PDA

View Full Version : Ykk (Zipper Manufactuer)

teamPRO
11-18-2004, 06:57 PM
does it say YKK somewhere on your zipper? anybody know why??

buh_buh
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
probably the company that manufactures zippers?

D'z Nutz
11-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the company that manufactures the zipper. I also read that the "YKK" is the initials of the guy that invented the zipper. Japanese, I believe.

D'z Nutz
11-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Ah, here we go:
http://www.ykkamerica.com/faq/

turbotrip
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
ya i noticed that a while ago and realized that i have never seen a zipper which doesnt say YKK

ZorroAMG
11-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Pretty much every zipper in the world is manufactured by YKK

EVOI
11-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Pretty much every zipper in the world is manufactured by YKK
no, not really.
cheap stuff won't use YKK for zipper!
since YKK is kind of top of line for the zipper. YKK is famous for their quality for the zipper but the also manufactured lot of things!

cityhunter2501
11-18-2004, 10:57 PM
we learn something new everyday :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Ok, I just went through my zippers. Yes I am a dork, here's what I found:

Only about half of my zippers were Ykk, other names were found but only Ykk were in duplicates. Even my most expensive suits (D&G, Boss, Armani) didn't use Ykk, dispelling the "cheap stuff" factor. All my plastic zippers (winter jackets etc) do not use Ykk.

I believe that many companys are making their own zippers now or use other companies for outsourcing since they most likely can be made for pennies by the hundreds....

ykk used to be tha shizzzzz when it came to zzzzippers, now they be like Altezzas, y0! Snaps are the new zipper :D

badseed
11-19-2004, 03:32 AM
^ Man you got too much time on your hands, but thanks for your findings.

Melinda
11-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Even my most expensive suits (D&G, Boss, Armani) didn't use Ykk, dispelling the "cheap stuff" factor.
:rofl: Where are the zippers on your suits? The only place I can think of would be an inside pocket???

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Where do you think?

QuasarCav
11-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Bluenotes jeans, YKK all the way.

Maybe Zorro has a jean jacket suit, I hear they are all the rage in London.

Melinda
11-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Where do you think?
STFU smartass. I was asking him, not you...oh nm, everyone else's business is all yours too, I forgot

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Wtf, your question was stupid but be a btch if you want.

tulit
11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
^^^^

suits include pants. pants have zippers ;)

sputnik
11-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

:rofl: Where are the zippers on your suits? The only place I can think of would be an inside pocket???

The fly on the pants.

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Thank you! thats what I was saying before miss btch got poed.

Melinda
11-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by tulit
^^^^

suits include pants. pants have zippers ;)

Originally posted by sputnik

The fly on the pants.

Ahh, forgot about the pants zipper..thanks

Wtf, your question was stupid but be a btch if you want.

Might have been a dumb question but I'm so sick of your nasty posts to everyone on here.

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Usually the only time Ill be nasty is when someone insults me. Like you.

~Leah~
11-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Usually the only time Ill be nasty is when someone insults me. Like you.

It's okay drama queen, everything will be alrite. And just so you know, it's probably in your best interests not to insult a well respected member of this forum by calling her a bitch... if u wanna stay around, cuz I'm sure you're on one of ur last straws as it is... thats just my advice tho, take it or leave it, or call me a bitch, whichever works for u

Back to to the topic at hand anyway... i guess i never examined my zippers enuf to notice! and i'm too lazy to go check anything now lol

Melinda
11-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Okay I went and looked at my zippers, most of the pnes on my pants are YKK but most of the ones on my sweaters and shirts, they are no name zippers lol

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 11:14 AM
so I dont say anything rude, and then she says "STFU smart ass. I was asking him, not you...oh nm, everyone else's business is all yours too, I forgot"
And I'm sopposed to be like oh thats nice, thank you???

~Leah~
11-19-2004, 11:15 AM
That's cuz you're rude in most of your posts and butt your nose in everything!

Maybe you should go kick her ass... stand up for yourself homie! Don't take that shit!

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 11:17 AM
I wasn trude in that other thread (if I was then show me where) I was saying my point but I wasnt saying anything offensive to onther person afaik. Ans If you read the thread youll notice that towards the end I was like okay fine maybe he shouldnt have fought.

EDIT: But, if it makes you happy, I apologize

MenteL
11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I wasn trude in that other thread (if I was then show me where) I was saying my point but I wasnt saying anything offensive to onther person afaik. Ans If you read the thread youll notice that towards the end I was like okay fine maybe he shouldnt have fought.

EDIT: But, if it makes you happy, I apologize :rolleyes:

You're stupid. This place isn't a home for catering to morons. Please leave.

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah that shuts me up. Thats the kind of post thats stupid because what am I supposed to say? NO IM NOT? And then this whole thing turns into a fight between to year olds. If your going to insult me then be origianal.

~Leah~
11-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah that shuts me up. Thats the kind of post thats stupid because what am I supposed to say? NO IM NOT? And then this whole thing turns into a fight between to year olds. If your going to insult me then be origianal.

ENTER: Grammar queen....

I do believe the correct spelling of 2 you are looking for is TWO.

That is all.

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 12:21 PM
yah I noticed that but I was too lazy to change it.

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Carfanman STFU, thanks. They were MY crotch zippers and if Melinda wanted to ask me, WHY did you answer. You have no business being near or talking about my crotch!!:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah Melinda, they don't usually put button fly's on business suits :tongue:

Badseed: Too much time on my hands? Nope I'm a night owl...I was also studying my lines :D plus it only took like 10 minutes to go through all my zippers lol

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
"Carfanman STFU, thanks. They were MY crotch zippers and if Melinda wanted to ask me, WHY did you answer. You have no business being near or talking about my crotch!!
"

I said were do u think.
And If she only wanted an answer from you then thats what pms are for.

~Leah~
11-19-2004, 12:30 PM

I said were do u think.
And If she only wanted an answer from you then thats what pms are for.

Strike 2 in 2 posts!! WHERE do you think.... and that was a rude way of saying it. That's why she got pissed!

Melinda
11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah Melinda, they don't usually put button fly's on business suits :tongue:
Haha yeah I forgot about the pants...haha oh well, I guess it just goes to show I'm not thinking about your fly :)

Carfanman
11-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Strike 2 in 2 posts!! WHERE do you think.... and that was a rude way of saying it. That's why she got pised!

I didnt mean it rudely but if thats how it sounded then Im sorry.

Kona9
11-19-2004, 02:31 PM
WOW :eek: all of this over Zippers!!

PS Hence your words Carfanman "....that's what pms are for":drama:

EVOI
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Only about half of my zippers were Ykk, other names were found but only Ykk were in duplicates. Even my most expensive suits (D&G, Boss, Armani) didn't use Ykk, dispelling the "cheap stuff" factor. All my plastic zippers (winter jackets etc) do not use Ykk.

I believe that many companys are making their own zippers now or use other companies for outsourcing since they most likely can be made for pennies by the hundreds....

The reason why your expensive suits don't use YKK for zippers is because thoes brand (D&G, Boss, Armani) want their own brand on zipper, however, if you want to use YKK, you will only get YKK!
That's why like you said they ususally make their own or use other companies for outsourcing.

as for the plastic zippers on your winter jackets, they don't use it because like you said they "can made for pennis by the hundreds" YKK is costing too much for them.

"cheap stuff" don't use it by that i mean clothes that you find in Wal-MART, superstore, etc.

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Melinda, glad to know you're not thinking of my fly otherwise a certain dirty sohc would killz moi!!!