PDA

View Full Version : Maranello's

serusnak
11-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I got hired to work there starting tomorrow. I did some search work on Maranello's but didn't find much info, I only know that they work on really high end cars. What's the shop's reputation?

Has anyone worked there before?

I hope they'll apprentice me!

JDMAE86
11-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by serusnak
I got hired to work there starting tomorrow. I did some search work on Maranello's but didn't find much info, I only know that they work on really high end cars. What's the shop's reputation?

Has anyone worked there before?

I hope they'll apprentice me!

Maranello Auto Refinishing is a great place to work I think. They are great people and enjoyed what they do. Gerry takes great pride in his work that is why they take so long to finish cars. You will see that once you start working there. Look on tne front door of the office and you will see the magazine add of my Civic back in July 2001. They love what they do.

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 02:13 AM
I have no idea about the work environment there but the shop's reputation for the quality of work done there appears to be great. It's supposed to be a high end shop like Exotic Cars Inernational and Contemporary Coachworks...

Congrats on the new job!

(now start figuring out the Beyond.ca discount for paint work!:D)

Kaos
11-19-2004, 02:24 AM
You lucky bastard.
My family gets lots of body-work done there.
Work environment is great, better than there old shop.

Garaunteed, there will always be a Ferarri parked out front.

Congrats.:thumbsup:

serusnak
11-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks people.

Lucky bitch is more like it :)

You're right, there's three ferrari's in the shop right now along with other high end cars. I couldn't believe my eyes :eek:

As for beyond prices, we'll see, today was my first day, all right ?
I get my own overalls too, which is very nice because my previous employers wouldn't supply stuff like that.

thanks for the congrats!

BebeAphrodite
11-19-2004, 08:20 PM
ooo congrats!!
It's nice to see a girl in a predominantely male job!
:thumbsup:

blinkme_210
11-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Congrats on the job. :thumbsup:
That's awesome to see a female taking interest in a predominately male line of work.

serusnak
11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
thank you!

C4S
11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great place to work with !

however .. you have to be carefully .. lots of $100K plus cars over there !

Owner Gerry is a great guy, and all other staffs are nice too, again .. they are probaby the best body shop in town ! :thumbsup:

By the way, what job title do u do overthere ? :D

Ed the SOHC
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I like the work they do there... congrats!

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JDMAE86

Look on tne front door of the office and you will see the magazine add of my Civic back in July 2001.

okayyyy...bossss. :thumbsup:

statick
11-22-2004, 01:40 PM
they have a good rep, and usually do work on good high end cars. but when i got my work done there i was not satisfied in terms of customer service. good body work tho.

serusnak
11-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Actually, I'm not sure of my job title, because so far I've done small prepping and masking jobs, a little metal work. I'm hoping they'll apprentice me but at the same time I don't. A guy who works there was bitching how he asked for the day off to go get his newborn baby and his gf from the hospital, one of the owners there gave him attitude about it. He said that he hasn't taken a day off in over a year, worked all weekends in the summer and he doesn't get why he'd get hard time about it. He didn't even take a day out of his mandatory two weeks vacation. I didn't ask him exactly how much money he was making, but he said he wasn't making enough for the amount of work he has to do (he does everything).

That kind of sends up a red flag for me, it doesn't matter whether this shop is the best in town, I don't want to be screwed over with poor pay and no vacation. So, yeah, I'm going to watch out.

I'm just a first year if they apprentice me, I just hope I won't be making minimum wage. What's the norm for first year autobody apprentices' wages?

AllGoNoShow
11-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Just make sure that before you start youre apprenticeship with them that you go over the terms, which means you can recommend what you would liek to be paid and time off etc..

Fluidic
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by serusnak
What's the norm for first year autobody apprentices' wages?

Starting is $10.00/hr at a decent shop.

..:: Unrelated Question

Serusnak, you didn't used to work at Manira (sp?) as a prepper, a few months back, did you?

serusnak
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Nope, that wasn't me :)

What makes you think it was me?

Thanks for the info people