PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to find winter tires!

GoChris
11-19-2004, 11:46 AM
So I am picking up my new srt4 today, and it comes with summer tires.

I need winter tires for this, my buddys garage looked for me and said the cheapest tire he could find thats the same size as stock is $230 a tire! :eek:

I cant afford that right now, where else can I get winter tires that are 205/50 R17?
A 215/45 would probably fit ok, then I am not going any bigger.

Costco maybe? I will swing by there at lunch if I have time. Or maybe I should get some 16" steelies?

funkytuqe
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
You may be better off buying some winter steelies in a smaller size if you can. 16" and 17" winter tires are ridculous prices. If a 15" steely can fit over the brakes of your new srt4 then i would sugest that since 15" winter tires are way cheaper and easyer to find.

ZorroAMG
11-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Try tunerworks or Mytires.ca (i think that's it) I have great 17" winter tires from Tunerworks and they were not 230/tire

awd
11-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I get all my tires from TOGO Tires, 253-0404 -- no one in town could touch his prices.

He also includes free tire rotations for the life of the tires you buy from him.

teamPRO
11-19-2004, 01:42 PM
ya go with togo. cheap ass shit there. place looks ghetto. but the service and quality is great.

Moe Man
11-19-2004, 08:04 PM
come to kal tire, i think you would be better off buying steelies and putting nokians on. the best winter tire in the market, and cheaper than mich. and blizzaks. :thumbsup:

danno567
11-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
come to kal tire, i think you would be better off buying steelies and putting nokians on. the best winter tire in the market, and cheaper than mich. and blizzaks. :thumbsup:

yup kal tire takes good care of their clients. The one in the NE ( 2363 - 20th Avenue N.E. ) is where i go.

Talk to Al there. He runs the place. I tell ya, they are good to deal with. The Nokians Moe Man recommended are awesome. I have used them on two different cars. I have yet to be let down by them. My acura handles so good with them on. Snow is a joke with these tires. Plus they do not cost a boat load. My all seaon nokians are perfect. They have like 100k+ warrenty on them, free flat repair, and the list goes on.

So if you get a flat or anything across Canada, your taken care of at any of their stores. I was in BC at one, and a guy came out of the store to greet me and ask how he can help me out. Has anyon ever walked out of the store to greet you before? It blew me away. They are all first class people.

Not sure where Moe Man works, but that location I mentioned is real great.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Moe Man
11-20-2004, 12:17 AM
i work at the marbrouh mall location

GoChris
11-22-2004, 05:07 PM
ARGG!
What 16" rim/steelie will fit on this car with no clearance issues?

I phone dodge, they didnt really have any idea, neon r/t rims are cheap, unless I start phoning wreckers. I cant really drive the car anywhere to see about fitting it until the snow melts. I was kinda hoping to get some tires tonight/tomorrow to throw them on myself (cause I cant drive in the snow right).

So. what to do? what to use? arg

GoChris
11-22-2004, 05:30 PM
OK

canadian tire has a 16" 6.5 wheel that is for a 2002 neon r/t
that should fit ok ya?

and I can get their motomaster winters for $109 each?

i cant really spend more than that so is that an ok deal and setup?

ZorroAMG
11-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Will the 16's clear the brakes? just get tires for the 17's, they will be around 150/tire for very decent quality...

GoChris
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure about the brakes, I think so but I will have to take it in to find out.

I dont really wanna have to swap tires on the stock wheels all the time. I'd rather spend a few bucks for some steelies. swapping tires is a pain and 17s are more money than 16s for tires.:(

Moe Man
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by rlde.us
OK

canadian tire has a 16" 6.5 wheel that is for a 2002 neon r/t
that should fit ok ya?

and I can get their motomaster winters for $109 each?

i cant really spend more than that so is that an ok deal and setup?

why not spend 117 and get the best winter tire out :werd:

GoChris
11-22-2004, 11:50 PM
which from where? I dont mind a few bucks if its alot better tire. but not like 20+ / tire more that adds up quickly and I am on a budget.