PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Big Brawl (Detroit vs Indiana)

mo_virgin
11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Anybody catch the huge fight? This is the craziest thing ive seen in the league.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041120/capt.dtp10511200423.pacers_pistons_dtp105.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041120/capt.dtp10411200430.pacers_pistons_dtp104.jpg

sexualbanana
11-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Did Artest start it?

jasjas
11-19-2004, 11:30 PM
He hit Ben Wallace(trying to block the shot i think)and Ben shoved him so while the referees were sorting out the flagrant Ron artest was layin on the scorers table chillin and then a fan threw a plastic water bottle or something and hit him in the chest , after that he went up in to the stands and....... you know the rest

SpeedyZ
11-19-2004, 11:39 PM
a fan threw a beer bottle(or cup) at him and he basiacaly exploded and jumped into the stands

http://media.holla-front.com/nbafight.wmv

GDCivicSi
11-19-2004, 11:47 PM
above link doesn't work.
is there any where else I can see the vid?

wildrice
11-19-2004, 11:49 PM
the score or sporsnet will prolly show it

SpeedyZ
11-20-2004, 12:04 AM
I have this link which is way clearer also longer, hopefully it still works....

http://mfile.akamai.com/12942/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1120/3935750.200k.asx

wildrice
11-20-2004, 12:06 AM
hahaha, just saw it on the score
that was insane

it'll be interesting to see how many ppl get suspended/fines and for how long and how big

saiyajin
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
holy shiet...ron artest is a lil focker hah

DefektiveVibe
11-20-2004, 12:17 AM
holy shit first g-unit now this

crazy video.

Team_Mclaren
11-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Artest is noth but problems... i call BAN!

just insane, so outta control... its like go back to the ghetto...

Singel
11-20-2004, 12:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3178916

There's a link to a story, is the g unit thing on the entertainment section, just saw a clip of that tonite too.

Wow, sad day for basketball

GDCivicSi
11-20-2004, 12:46 AM
wow :eek:
totally wasn't expecting that!

Did another else see Artest punch that fan out on the court? That was one of the roughest things I've ever seen

lam-boy
11-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
wow :eek:
totally wasn't expecting that!

Did another else see Artest punch that fan out on the court? That was one of the roughest things I've ever seen

haha yeah it was like a running punch!!:eek:

mo_virgin
11-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Man... i don't care what you guys think about artest, i think hes awsome for the game and just brings publicity to the league. It was fun watching it for sure

saiyajin
11-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

haha yeah it was like a running punch!!:eek:

that wasnt ron artest i think i was watching the score and they said it was jermaine

wildrice
11-20-2004, 01:37 AM
well, i think artest ran up to the crowd, punched one dude, and then punched another, and then all of the sudden u see from the left of the screen, stephen jackson come and attack a fan

correct me if i'm wrong
i only saw the highlight once on the score

mo_virgin
11-20-2004, 01:43 AM
the jermain oneal destroys this guys on the floor right before artest leaves the court

lam-boy
11-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

that wasnt ron artest i think i was watching the score and they said it was jermaine

haha, all i saw was pacers jersey and then a running punch and the guy just dropped. I sat too far from the tv to notice who it was.

SI-vic
11-20-2004, 02:38 AM
it was an amazing brawl
thats all i can say
amazing

Ajay
11-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Man... i don't care what you guys think about artest, i think hes awsome for the game and just brings publicity to the league. It was fun watching it for sure

Yah Artest is bringing bad publicity for the league. First his antics with the Pacers wanting 'time off' for whatever it was he wanted to do because for some reason he felt he deserved special treatment because of his defensive player of the year last season. This only shows Artest is is a trouble maker.

Why would you foul Ben Wallace of all people with 45 seconds left in the game when you're up 15 points? Maybe a foul is granted...I don't see why a foul would be needed anyway when you're up 15 with 45 seconds left but if you're gonna foul him make it a clean foul and nothing flagrant like Artest did. Wallace got pissed off and rightfully so. Artest was looking for trouble when he commited that foul.

Artest made the mistake of lying on the scorer's table.....left himself open by doing that and look what happened. If he hadn't done that and just went back over to his bench he woulda got tossed and the game woulda ended. Was definetly interesting to watch and I have no remorse for the fans that went onto the court after all hell broke loose. If you're gonna go onto the court when that's happening you deserve a couple punches. Artest shouldn't have gone into the stands at all...granted if a beer was thrown at me I'de be reacting in the same way. Still a black eye for the NBA.....gonna be interesting to see what happens in terms of suspensions.

I remember back in the day when Charles Barkley spit on a little girl, when Vernon Maxwell went into the stands and punched a fan but this is by far the worst one involving fans. This fight even beats out the Miami/New York fight in the playoffs. That one was funny to watch though.....seeing Jeff Van Gundy being dragged around by Alonzo Mourning as he's holding on for dear life!!!

Ajay
11-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

haha, all i saw was pacers jersey and then a running punch and the guy just dropped. I sat too far from the tv to notice who it was.

That was Jermaine O'Neal lining up a dude....came outta nowhere and laid a HUGE haymaker on that fan. That fan definetly got owned!

Si_FlyGuy
11-20-2004, 03:00 AM
wonder how many lawsuits are going to result from this.

Ajay
11-20-2004, 03:06 AM
True....alot of those fans didn't throw the first punch....they left that up to the Pacer's players.

Can you say assault charges?!?!??!

sexualbanana
11-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
True....alot of those fans didn't throw the first punch....they left that up to the Pacer's players.

Can you say assault charges?!?!??!

But a lot of it was instigated by certain fans, and the law can take that into account. Like the one guy in the Pistons jersey after Artest went into the stands the first time.

digitalshogun
11-20-2004, 04:05 AM
Ummm ... yeah Artest fouled Wallace. Fouls happen. Dumb kinda though. In frustration Wallace then pushed him half way across the court. That wasnt justified ... he was pissed Artest was pulling that and winning.

As for Artest going back to his bench ... HOW? Teleport over there? There is a bench clearing brawl in progress in the way. He was trying to do the right thing by staying out of the way. What a dick. :rolleyes:

Then as he is trying to calm down and chill out on table a water bottle or cup or something hits him ... he's up like a shot (you can almost see that he know where it came from) then someone restrains him and he lies back down. Then they threw something again. That's when things got REALLY ugly.

The guy totally deserved it. He is almost as dumb as the guy who jumped in the lion pit and tried to preach to them about Jesus. What did he expect to happen? The guy who actually came out on the court (in the Pistons jersey) is that stupid though. You can almost read his lips, "I'm a moron, please smash me in the face for being so stupid"

Artest is going to catch heat for this for sure(and deservedly so) ... but come on (I'm sure you would be REAL calm if the same thing happened to you). Wallace and Jackson deserve some reprimand as well. The fans deserve a little too ... they cant assume that throwing stuff at players is okay. That somehow buying tickets to a game gives them the okay to huck things at the opposing team.

A black eye for the fans in Detroit, a black eye for the Pacers and Artest specifically and a black eye on the whole NBA.

hyperwhite
11-20-2004, 05:53 AM
does anyone have a pic of O'Neal owning that fan? i need a new background :D

RiCE-DaDDy
11-20-2004, 06:05 AM
Artest hit the wrong guy HAHAHAHA :rofl:
that dude is a nutcase lol

Both sides are in the wrong but as professional athletes reppin the NBA, u gotta man up, be the bigger man. Artest, jackson and O'neal def lost a ton of respect.

At least Artest got some new material for his album haha

This is exactly like Dave Chapelle..."when keepin it real goes wrong" :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
11-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

well whoever it was, he smoked that guy!

Skyline_Addict
11-20-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by digitalshogun
Ummm ... yeah Artest fouled Wallace. Fouls happen. Dumb kinda though. In frustration Wallace then pushed him half way across the court. That wasnt justified ... he was pissed Artest was pulling that and winning.

Didn't you see Artest give Wallace a kidney shot as he was going up? Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone did that to you, in no attempt to play the sport?
Artest is a repeat offender too, he does stuff like this all the time.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-20-2004, 07:07 AM
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/3986/chillin.jpg

DUBBED
11-20-2004, 09:14 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

badseed
11-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Such a ghetto move, you don't see much of that kinda stuff in basketball.

digitalshogun
11-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Didn't you see Artest give Wallace a kidney shot as he was going up? Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone did that to you, in no attempt to play the sport?
Artest is a repeat offender too, he does stuff like this all the time.

I don't want to defend Artest at all. It was a dumb play. He should be punished for it. Wallace screwed up to by not keeping it in the game. History or no ... let the league take action. Be it the refs or fines or whatever. And I think they will. I think Wallace, Jackson and whoever else is on camera pulling that $hit should not get off scott free though.

What I was trying to get across was this. You can't on one hand justify that Wallace was okay in everything that he did by retaliating ... and then say that Artest was in the wrong for the same thing. Yeah it was a fan he went after, but it's not like it was for heckling. It was an escalting situation that got out of hand. From what I saw of Artest though ... he was trying to cool down when the fans got involved.

The guy deserved to get his a$$ kicked (both the fan that threw the bottles or whatever and the retard that decided to come on to the court). I'm serious. I have absolutely no sympathy for any fan that was getting close to that mess expecting anything less. I have negative sympathy for the instigating crap Detroit fans that started the mess in the first place. Pure mob mentality. What is this european football? Basketball Hooligans lol.

GME
11-20-2004, 12:38 PM
:confused: :confused:

Honestly, I would've loved to be one of the guys that got punched that night. haha :nut:

These guys are millionaires, and I'd take them for atleast a few hundred thousand for pulling something so supid. Very childish reaction on the part of both the fans and the players, but imagine if people resorted to violence like that all the time. Totally reminds me of petty schoolyard fights...Artest really should've been the bigger man and turned the other cheek, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were completely banned from the league for this...I'd actually be a bit disappointed to see it not happen..

Originally posted by mo_virgin
Man... i don't care what you guys think about artest, i think hes awsome for the game and just brings publicity to the league. It was fun watching it for sure :nut:

sexualbanana
11-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by digitalshogun

As for Artest going back to his bench ... HOW? Teleport over there? There is a bench clearing brawl in progress in the way. He was trying to do the right thing by staying out of the way. What a dick. :rolleyes:

Then as he is trying to calm down and chill out on table a water bottle or cup or something hits him ... he's up like a shot (you can almost see that he know where it came from) then someone restrains him and he lies back down. Then they threw something again. That's when things got REALLY ugly.

The guy totally deserved it. He is almost as dumb as the guy who jumped in the lion pit and tried to preach to them about Jesus. What did he expect to happen? The guy who actually came out on the court (in the Pistons jersey) is that stupid though. You can almost read his lips, "I'm a moron, please smash me in the face for being so stupid"

Artest is going to catch heat for this for sure(and deservedly so) ... but come on (I'm sure you would be REAL calm if the same thing happened to you). Wallace and Jackson deserve some reprimand as well. The fans deserve a little too ... they cant assume that throwing stuff at players is okay. That somehow buying tickets to a game gives them the okay to huck things at the opposing team.

A black eye for the fans in Detroit, a black eye for the Pacers and Artest specifically and a black eye on the whole NBA.

Dude, Artest was being an asshole by lying down on the scorer's table. He lied there like he was innocent (which he wasn't), then he took a pair of headphones and tried to either listen to a broadcast or do a little broadcasting of his own. Although he's not in the melee anymore, he's still trying to instigate shit.

Artest's foul was completely stupid. There's no reason to foul Wallace from behind like that, especially when you're winning with less than a minute on the clock. NO EXCUSE whatsoever. Artest has a history of flagrants like this. It's not like he's a first time offender. If I were Wallace, I'd be pissed off too. He could've gotten hurt.

Yes, the fans deserve to get their ass kicked, especially the one who threw the first drink because that it is what got the fans involved in a confrontation that they really had no right to be in. It was strictly a team vs team affair, and the fans are simply spectators (for good reason). But when the drink became a projectile that crossed a lot of lines and really don't have a lot of sympathy for the fans.

badseed
11-20-2004, 01:02 PM
:werd: what kind of idiot decides to fight an elite athlete after hotdogs and beer. Hmmmmm maybe I'll go fight that guy who seems to be a foot taller than me could probably punch me from 3 feet away. Ahhhhhh........... yes what a fantastic idea!

davidI
11-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Dude, Artest was being an asshole by lying down on the scorer's table. He lied there like he was innocent (which he wasn't), then he took a pair of headphones and tried to either listen to a broadcast or do a little broadcasting of his own. Although he's not in the melee anymore, he's still trying to instigate shit.

I think lying on the score table was the smart thing. :dunno:

Everyone else was trying to start shit and he just left it alone. He couldn't go to the bench and he didn't get up in anyones face - what more did you want him to do? Sure you could see it as being cocky but really, that's better than being on the floor trying to instigate more trouble!

Those fans totally deserved everything they got in my opinion. Unfortunately, the league and courts may use these guys as 'examples' and just because a lot of people out there will be screaming for justice even though it was the fans who started the whole problem.

The foul was wrong, Ben Wallaces reaction was wrong, no doubt about it - but that's nothing in the scheme of things.

The real problem started when Artest was hit by 2 flying bottles/cups whatever...and the way I see it, whoever tossed it instigated the fight so they were fair game and Artest did the right thing by wiping his smug ass with the floor.

digitalshogun
11-20-2004, 01:16 PM
^:werd: Right on. I'm not saying Artest isn't being a dick by fouling or even by being a bit cocky but he certainly was not asking for fans to throw shit at him.

Artest is kinda like Pacino in Godfather 3. Okay not really at all that cool but stay with me lol. He is a bad man that has done bad things ... he tries to get out ... and then they pull him right back in.

EVERYONE should be punished that was involved. EVERYONE. Fans for being retarded, Artest for the dirty foul and going into the stands, and both teams for the on court brawl. I'm not saying he is innocent ... I'm just saying that there are a lot more guilty parties.

Ajay
11-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Lying on the scorers table wasn't the right thing to do.

There's been alot of time where there's been bench clearing brawls and not once has a player decided to go chill on the scorer's table. I've said it before...the right thing to do in that situation was to get over to his own bench or at least his side of the court. Think about it...if he had walked over or been led over to say underneath the basket while the refs sorted it out as opposed to hanging out at the scorer's table do you think any of this would have happened? HELL NO

The fans were wrong yes and a lot of those fans deserved to get their asses kicked but the first guy that Artest went after didn't even do anything. He wasn't even the one that threw the drink it was the dude wearing a blue shirt with 'Wallace' on the back that instigated the whole thing.

And to the due that said Wallace, and Jackson should get off scott free? That's not going to happen. Wallace is gonna get at least a game or two but Jackson, Artest, and O'neal are probably gonna get AT LEAST AT LEAST 5-10 games. If anything Artest is going to get the worst of it cause he instigated the WHOLE thing with his stupid foul on B.Wallace.

Z_Fan
11-20-2004, 02:36 PM
For the record, fouls are part of the game. Including absolutely intentional ones.

Artest did NOT start this whole thing.

WALLACE started it. When you're fouled - you're fouled. It's part of the game. The response should not be to push the offender half way across the court. If WALLACE didn't do that, this whole thing wouldn't have happened. What he did was not part of the game. Intentional fouls however, are part of the game. So Artest is not the instigator of the brawl between the teams.

And it's the fans who are really responsible for what happens next. I don't blame Artest at all. Hell, if some doh-boy is throwing shit at my head, I'm gonna get angry. And certainly if someone comes up to a Pro Athelete, on the court, in a threatening posture, they're not gonna wait it out and ask questions on how his day is going. The situation was very volatile, and Artest laying that guy out is fine with me. What kind of idiot does that anyhow? He deserved to get his dumb-fan-ass smacked to the ground like the bitch he is. The nice thing is, it's on national TV. Fool.

Indefinite suspensions. How very nice.

davidI
11-20-2004, 02:43 PM

I've said it before...the right thing to do in that situation was to get over to his own bench or at least his side of the court. Think about it...if he had walked over or been led over to say underneath the basket while the refs sorted it out as opposed to hanging out at the scorer's table do you think any of this would have happened? HELL NO

No one would have thrown a water bottle at him but I don't think he was trying to achieve that by lying on the table.

Had he walked around anywhere you don't think Ben would have followed and fists would have been thrown? Lying down was the right thing to do because that shows he wasn't going to do anything or instigate further activities. Ben was all fired up and I guarantee he would have gone towards Artest no matter where he was if he was walking around and they would have thrown down some more! Ben wouldn't have hit him if he's lying down, unprotected, like he was.

PGTze
11-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I wanted to see Wallace go at it with artest, now that would have been a rowdy scrap. Man Ben Wallace is one dude no one in their right mind would fuck with, if that was anyone else on the Pistons I gaurantee Artest would have came back swinging. As soon as he saw it was Wallace, you could tell he was like oh shit!

I thought the whole thing was kinda funny, fans getting what's coming to them. If was anywhere else in the world and I threw a beer on someone, I'm betting they would come after me. And as if that wasn't enough, those dumbass fans that came on to the court to start shit with the Pacers are absolute retards. I still havent seen the O'Neal punch, but I saw where artest dropped that guy with two rights. Those fans must have been pretty drunk to think they were gonna take on guys that are like 6'7 220 lbs, 7'0 250, ect.

I'm not saying artest was right or anything, but he was somewhat justified for doing what he did.

digitalshogun
11-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Lying on the scorers table wasn't the right thing to do.

... Think about it...if he had walked over or been led over to say underneath the basket while the refs sorted it out as opposed to hanging out at the scorer's table do you think any of this would have happened? HELL NO

Maybe so. But have you actually thought about the situation at all. So by chilling on the table and staying OUT of the fight, he was the one that was asking for trouble? Are you serious? I mean hindsight is 20/20 but you mean to say that by lying there inactive ...doing nothing he MADE the fans becoming a large group of arrogant pricks? That is asking a little much. Plus no one was leading him anywhere. No one was asking him to leave. So are the refs the real culprits behind the conspiracy? Don't you think they all had more important things to do than babysit a player NOT involved yet with the fight.

Ridiculous. If he was giving the crowd the finger or whipping his dick out at them ... maybe. But how DARE he lay there on a table! Come on.

Si_FlyGuy
11-20-2004, 05:34 PM
lounging on the table was an arrogant showboating move. It was a passive taunt. I would've felt insulted.

digitalshogun
11-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
lounging on the table was an arrogant showboating move. It was a passive taunt. I would've felt insulted.

If you were on the court when it broke out and you were checking out the table you would not have felt insulted. What you would have felt is a right hook and an uppercut from a guy on the opposing team. I don't think the players in the middle of a fist fight had time to be insulted by a "passive taunt". Was it a "passive taunt" to the fans? Maybe. If so perhaps they could have passively struck back at him by NOT throwing shit at him. Come on, a passive taunt? :rolleyes: That is what MADE the crowd turn in to knuckle walking neadrathals? What would the fans do there in Detroit if you "actively taunt" them? Do they stalk your family and murder your mistresses?

Artest is an ass but the Piston fans deserved a beating. Actually they deserve a lot worse than what they got. I hope the cops that had to drag their asses out after gave em a second beating.

davidI
11-20-2004, 06:21 PM

Feeling a little insulted is a hell of a lot better than him walking around the court so things could escalate :dunno:

cman
11-20-2004, 07:59 PM
the really stupid thing he did was go onto the intercom/headseat and probably started talking smack, which stirred everyone up including the fans who could see him diong it.
the fans who threw shit deserve to have actions taken against them, by the LAW, not some dumb fuck "gehtto gangster" player. ron artest, and jackson are morons. in no case should a proffessional athlete EVER go after a fan.
look at soccer for example, players get hit with shit almost every game, get taunted racially, do they go attack dumb fuck fans? NO, because they are more worried about their team's success and maintaining a proffessional image then increasing their "gangsta thug" image/ego.
the fans who went onto the floor got what they deserved, the court is open game, the stands on the other hand, like i said, should never have a player in them.
stephen jackson should be charged with assault, attacked a fan who didnt even see him coming, and suspended for the year if not kicked out of the league.
artest should be suspended for a LONG time, if not charged as well.
jermaine oneal should just serve a very long suspension.
ben wallace should get the standard suspension for such a reaction.

either way it was VERY sad and unbelievable

Si_FlyGuy
11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/commissioner_statement_041120.html

That's all I could find...well I guess Artest gets the time off that he was looking for.

SoSlowDx
11-20-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree w/ sexual_banana! Artest is an asshole! The foul on Big Ben was unnecessary and laying on the the scoreboard table? WTF! He could of went to the pacers bench or players locker room. Brought it on himself!

BAN ARTEST :thumbsup:

Singel
11-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Intentional fouls (hack a shaq/preventing open lay ins) are a part of the game, but flagrants aren't. After u get a few you're suspended.

Ben Wallace is probly the toughest, scariest guyin the league. Pound for Pound Artest is 2nd, but could/should still not fuck with Wallace. These brawls happena few times a year, its more/less a part of the game, but fans should never, ever through shit at them. Unfortunately, it's gonna pay off for those dumbass fans when the lawsuits go through.

Ben and Ron made mistakes, but nothing more than has happened b4. The fans fucked it up, and Artest was basically just defending himself. 2 yahoos through shit, if Artest takes it the arena would be raining debris instantly.

Soccer is a joke, riots happen every second game.

PGTze
11-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by cman
look at soccer for example, players get hit with shit almost every game, get taunted racially, do they go attack dumb fuck fans? NO, because they are more worried about their team's success and maintaining a proffessional image then increasing their "gangsta thug" image/ego.

:rolleyes:

Soccer players are also worried about breaking a nail. What happened at that game was like a mild soccer riot.

sexualbanana
11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Here's the thing,

after Wallace shoved Artest and the benches cleared. It was starting to settle down. Look at the footage. Everyone was seperated, Artest was being an ass on the scorer's table. Most of the Pistons were on their half of the court, and the same could be said for the Pistons. So there wasn't much threat of Artest getting harmed in anyway.

It was when the drink caught air that all hell broke loose. So in essence, it was the spectators that let it get out of control.

Now back to the Artest and the table debate. . .

It was an arrogant taunt for a number of reasons. 1) Artest makes a big flagrant, and Wallace shoves him. Everyone jumps in to seperate the two, and Artest just walks away. Normally, this would be the part where I applaud Artest for being the more controlled/civilized person. BUT he had to go and lay down on the scorer's table and act as if nothing happened. This is a lack of respect for the Piston team. THEN he puts on a set of broadcaster's headphones. C'mon, you'd have to be blind or an asshole to see that he's taunting the Pistons and their fans.
Don't you think that a lot could have been avoided had Artest just walked away, to the bench and done nothing? Better yet, he could've still trash talked which is what a lot of people do. But instead, he showed a blatant disregard for the Pistons and their fans, and I think this could have been what pushed the fan(s) over the edge.

64SON
11-20-2004, 10:29 PM
blame the nhl hahahah
that's crazy

speedyturtle
11-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
does anyone have a pic of O'Neal owning that fan? i need a new background :D

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~fisht/images/jo.jpg

$tillqls
11-21-2004, 01:33 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zephyr
11-21-2004, 02:28 AM
simple as this...

wallace cant take a foul which happens all the time in games.

he pushes artest hard and its very obvious it was intentional.

artest calms himself down by lying on the table...

idiot fan decides to intervene by throwing something

artest gets mad and goes after the guy, well fucking duh, most people would...

its all detroit's fault for not having decent spectators that wont stay out of a court fight. its a fight between the players that happen in all professional games, instead this loser has to throw something thinking he is all that. the two idiots in the jerseys im glad they got knocked the fuck out...wtf do they think they are trying to get involved in a court fight. point is, when "professional" players fight due to a game dispute of some kind, its not the fan's business to throw shit or get involved, they're suppose to sit their asses down and cheer on and watch the extra side show.

detroit is quite shameful... i guess that happens when you get a buncha cocky ppl that think they r the shit when their team wins the championship.

davidI
11-21-2004, 02:59 AM
^ Agreed!

What happened between Wallace and Artest happens all the time....things escalated because of the fans. Unfortunately, the league can't tell it's customers that they were the idiots so Artest and the rest of those boys are going to have to pay the price. :(

gongSHOW
11-21-2004, 10:31 AM
that was an awesome brawl, holy crap. Wallace started not only the fact that he pushed, but how he pursued him and got in his face all the way to the scorer's table. Then the pacers had to protect his teammate and thats how it all started. The foul really shouldn't have that kind of repercussions.

Anyways here is a noter picture of the O'Neal punch

gongSHOW
11-21-2004, 10:32 AM
After the punch

gongSHOW
11-21-2004, 10:50 AM
good breakdown of the fight VIDEO (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate/!ctvVideo/CTVNews/NBA_Basketbrawl_041120/20041121/?hub=World&video_link_high=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2004/11/20/ctvvideologger1_143kbps_2004_11_20_1100990950.wmv&video_link_low=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2004/11/20/ctvvideologger1_45kbps_2004_11_20_1100991037.wmv&clip_start=00:00:55.65&clip_end=00:03:12.76&clip_caption=CFTO%20News%3A%20Austin%20Delaney%20on%20reaction%20to%20the%20brawl&clip_id=ctvnews.20041120.00080000-00080259-clip1&subhub=video)

ANOTHER GOOD ONE! (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate/!ctvVideo/CTVNews/NBA_Basketbrawl_041120/20041121/?hub=World&video_link_high=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2004/11/20/ctvvideologger2_143kbps_2004_11_20_1101008507.wmv&video_link_low=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2004/11/20/ctvvideologger2_45kbps_2004_11_20_1101010169.wmv&clip_start=00:02:20.70&clip_end=00:02:11.43&clip_caption=CTV%20News%3A%20Denelle%20Balfour%20on%20the%20brawl&clip_id=ctvnews.20041120.00080000-00080279-clip1&subhub=video)

Guy who got decked by artest and o'neal "I didn't throw anything, didn't throw pop no chairs, and I got hit"

Hahaha well you ran onto the court and stopped right in Artest's way, what the hell do you expect to happen after he just decked some guys in the crowd :rofl:

finboy
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
this reminds me of when that fan dumped beer on the flames coach and the player climbed over the glass and beat that guys ass :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

eb0i
11-21-2004, 01:28 PM
It's sad that fans get this worked up over something like a flagrant foul that they would throw shit at the players. It's just wrong. It's meant for entertainment so just sit back and enjoy. Now because of some dumbass who threw the beer we have all of this. Granted it was entertaining to watch the Pistons fan get knocked out by a running punch, but imagine if you were a parent who took your kid to watch a NBA game....totally disgraceful. I think Artest over reacted and should have let the ushers/security/police handle the guy who threw the beer at him.

max_boost
11-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Artest is gone for 30 and O'Neal is gone for 20!! There goes INdy's chances of being the #1 seed. What a sad day for the Pacers organization:banghead: I wonder what Reggie Miller thinks of all of this, this is probably his last year and it looks like he ain't going to get a shot at a title. How sad for one of the best clutch shooters in the history of the game!:(

RiCE-DaDDy
11-21-2004, 05:14 PM
HAHHAA I feel sorry for those with artest. jackson or o'neal on their fantasy teams HAHAHA :rofl:

shtock99
11-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Artest is gone for 30 and O'Neal is gone for 20!! There goes INdy's chances of being the #1 seed. What a sad day for the Pacers organization:banghead: I wonder what Reggie Miller thinks of all of this, this is probably his last year and it looks like he ain't going to get a shot at a title. How sad for one of the best clutch shooters in the history of the game!:(
artest done for season oneal done for 25 and johnston done for 30...

shtock99
11-21-2004, 05:59 PM
^^sorry jackson not johnston

Jynx
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
The following suspensions were announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern, resulting from the events during the Indiana Pacers at Detroit Pistons game on Nov. 19.

# Pacers forward Ron Artest has been suspended for the remainder of the season.
# Indiana guard Stephen Jackson has been suspended for 30 games.
# Pacers forward Jermaine O’Neal has been suspended for 25 games.
# Indiana guard Anthony Johnson has been suspended for five games.
# Detroit forward/center Ben Wallace has been suspended for six games.
# Pistons forwards Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman and guard Chauncey Billups have each been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.
# Indiana guard Reggie Miller has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

BloodBaneZXY
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Fair bans....everyone got what they deserved..pce out pacers..

theken
11-21-2004, 06:27 PM
why did miller get suspended for leaving the bench?? thats BS

Jynx
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by theken
why did miller get suspended for leaving the bench?? thats BS

Not allowed 2 leave the bench during any altercations...
Artest got suspended for a game in last years playoffs for stepping onto the court...

digitalshogun
11-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
# Detroit forward/center Ben Wallace has been suspended for six games.

Wallace should have got more. Other than that nothing suprising ... but yeah too bad for the Pacers lol.

Good to know though ... if you are a fan it IS possible to eliminate your teams competition for them. :rolleyes: League should have had a lot to say about increasing the amount of security and reducing response time to these incidents. Fans are never in the wrong though I guess.

Team_Mclaren
11-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

couldnt agree more, again i still think Artest is a fucking dumbass, with the recording incident a few days ago, i really hope he can just leave the game forever!!! but losing O'neal sucks!!, its gonna hurt the team alot.

I've been a huge fan of miller for a long time, too bad his season is going to end like this. may be he'll move to somewhere who has a great chance in winning the champ for him for his last yeat!

Si_FlyGuy
11-21-2004, 07:33 PM
One of the writers looked at the O'Neal punch frame by frame and noticed that he actually slipped when he punched the guy. If his lead foot planted...that guy would've been gone.

max_boost
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Artest is gone!?! Holy shit!! I guess he can concentrate on his Rap Album lol:rofl:

gongSHOW
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
^ werd

Wallace should have gotten more in my opinion but everything else seems in place. Can you suspend fans :confused:, cuz all of those Detrotians :dunno: should be gone

SoSlowDx
11-21-2004, 11:45 PM
^Wallace shouldn't have gotten more. With 45secs and the pacers leading Artest shouldn't have foul him hard. The reason Artest fouled him was b/c Wallace blocked Artest's shot earlier.

Artest and the pacers got what they deserved:thumbsup:

wildrice
11-22-2004, 12:01 AM
true that
wallace didn't do that much
artest made a flagrant on wallace with under a minute to go which is obviously meant to be an attack on wallace
wallace just retaliated with a small push
is it his fault that he's got so much power and the ability to push someone so far

sexualbanana
11-22-2004, 12:04 AM
One of the writers looked at the O'Neal punch frame by frame and noticed that he actually slipped when he punched the guy. If his lead foot planted...that guy would've been gone.

You don't need to analyze the shot frame by frame to see he missed. It's pretty obvious. :rofl:

wildrice
11-22-2004, 12:16 AM
http://www.muchosucko.com/video-pistonspacersbrawl.html

Si_FlyGuy
11-22-2004, 01:47 AM

You don't need to analyze the shot frame by frame to see he missed. It's pretty obvious. :rofl:

too much porn makes me cross eyed:rofl:

ninjak84
11-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I can't believe Wallace got so little and Artest got so much

eb0i
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

In my opinion Wallace should have received a bigger suspension since he didn't have to give Artest such a hard foul after Artest's flagrant.

boi-alien
11-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Originally posted by eb0i

In my opinion Wallace should have received a bigger suspension since he didn't have to give Artest such a hard foul after Artest's flagrant.
The comissioner handed out the suspensions not based on the on court altercation between wallace and artest. It was based on which players went beyond the boundaries of the court and into the crowd. That's why artest got such a lengthy suspension. I think Walllace's 6 games would've been about right if all the off court stuff didn't happen.

cman
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
all the suspensions are excellent, good job NBA.

gongSHOW
11-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Well this all would not have ensued if wallace didn't completely over react which was "totally uncalled for... that was not that hard of a foul" said Bill Walton. It all started with the over reaction on Wallace's part, the fact of the matter is fouls are part of the game

sexualbanana
11-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
Well this all would not have ensued if wallace didn't completely over react which was "totally uncalled for... that was not that hard of a foul" said Bill Walton. It all started with the over reaction on Wallace's part, the fact of the matter is fouls are part of the game

It was a hard foul considering they were already up 15. That's what Wallace reacted to. In the context of a normal game, when both teams still have a chance, it's not a hard foul. But when your team is up by 15 with less than a minute left. That foul is uncalled for. Hell, Artest barely even went for the ball. There was a borderline intent to injure on Artest's part.

Even then, in the NBA, shoves like the one Wallace gave Artest happen all the time. There's always small altercations like that on the court. When I first saw the foul, that's what I thought. The players would bicker for awhile, then the Refs would calm everything down and the teams play the remainder of the game. It really wasn't that much different from anything else I'd seen.

gongSHOW
11-22-2004, 08:47 PM

It was a hard foul considering they were already up 15. That's what Wallace reacted to. In the context of a normal game, when both teams still have a chance, it's not a hard foul. But when your team is up by 15 with less than a minute left. That foul is uncalled for. Hell, Artest barely even went for the ball. There was a borderline intent to injure on Artest's part.

Even then, in the NBA, shoves like the one Wallace gave Artest happen all the time. There's always small altercations like that on the court. When I first saw the foul, that's what I thought. The players would bicker for awhile, then the Refs would calm everything down and the teams play the remainder of the game. It really wasn't that much different from anything else I'd seen.
well the fact that he pursued him all the way to the scorer's table and had to be restrained really shows the reckless regard by Wallace. Also, before the beer was thrown, Wallace threw a towel and Artest got up and was obviously angry. So when the beer was thrown, it was the last straw, type thing.

Singel
11-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I fucking hate Canadian basketball coverage. i was in my car listening to the radio a few hours ago and the show that's on 960 from like 6:00-7:00 (And is on Sportsnet TV sometimes too) we're talking like Artest went up there because the fan was just heckling them. Good to see these guys (Bob MacGown, Elliote Freedman, etc. i think) sports knowledge goes beyond Hockey and 3 down football. All they need is Joe Sports in that studio:nut:

hyperwhite
11-23-2004, 06:31 AM
the thing that i find funny about all of this is that the guy artest attacked wasn't even the person that threw the drink at him. the cup didn't even come from his general direction. i think it was that black chick about 3 rows up in the pistons jersey, she was acting like it was her. but then i wasn't at the game :dunno:

davidI
11-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
the thing that i find funny about all of this is that the guy artest attacked wasn't even the person that threw the drink at him. the cup didn't even come from his general direction. i think it was that black chick about 3 rows up in the pistons jersey, she was acting like it was her. but then i wasn't at the game :dunno:

The guy that threw it was the guy in the pistons jersey and white hat standing next to the guy Artest attacked. He has a criminal record and even tried to break out of prison once. I'm pretty sure the guy Artest attacked was sitting with him and definately was the one jumping up and down laughing and pointing so the way I see it he deserved to have his face beat in too! :D

hockeybronx
11-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey Playa...

Did anybody catch Charles Barkley's interview about this thing? I thought it was funny as hell. One line I remember from it was:

"If the fans want to get in the players business then the players have the right to beat the hell out of them"

Or something like that, I thought it was pretty funny.

gongSHOW
11-23-2004, 11:13 PM
The guy in the blue jersey and the cap - he is hte person who actually threw the cup of beer. He is a convicted felon, he has a few DUIs and an assault charge. They had him on some show i was watching i didn't really catch what it was. He said "that was a thug move by Artest". I really wanted someone to ask him what he would call his beer throwing? What justification can he give us to throw that beer and why the guy shouldn't have the chance to beat the shit out of him

the guy in the white shirt - well he's a pussy. watch him, he starts laughing and pointing when the beer is thrown. He then ducks out of the way when artest comes in. waits for the guy, who threw the beer to start punching him and then starts smacking artest like he's doing something, but he's not. Then some coach or something comes in behind him, he ducks out of hte way and goes to teh isle. What a wench :whipped:

davidI
11-24-2004, 12:28 AM
I saw a few interviews with the guy that throwed the beer. He's an arrogant fool. I still think the suspensions were unfair when compared to the one dealt out in 94 or 95 when some guy hit a fan for muttering something about his stillborn child (only got 10 games).

Charles Barkley was awesome in saying that he would have done the same thing.

I still give props to Artest for doing what he did...fans take things to far these days. I might have to go pick up his rap album just for support :rofl:

ca2p3r
11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
yah haha the fan who through the beer was on larry king last night...he might face time! :drama: