PDA

View Full Version : Chili - GTS Jeff style

GTS Jeff
11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
who here like chili? i love it, its good with rice, and its easy to make a lot to last a long time...

last monday i made a huge assed vat that ive been eating out of nonstop and its still not done. here is the recipe:

-3 cans of tomato paste
-some water to thin out the tomato paste
-2 lbs extra lean ground beef. fry it up first with some oregano before u dump it into the pot
-2 cans red kidney beans. drain the juice out before putting in the beans
-1 onion diced
-2 bell peppers sliced. i used green and red.
-1 package of mushrooms. dont slice it too thin cuz theyll shrink anyways
-few sticks of celery sliced
-1 tomato cut into chunks
-shitloads of chili powder. seriously go balls out when ure adding this. its tough to add too much. u dont want the chili to taste like tomato soup, so add lots of this. LOTS. INSANE AMOUNTS.
-ground black peppers. lots.
-paprika
-salt
-onion salt
-oregano
-tabasco to taste

let the shit simma for at least an hour before u try eating it...but leave it simmering on the stove for 3 hours or so before turning the heat off. the shit gets better with age too. so 3 days later itll taste even better.

any other chiliholics here?

RickDaTuner
11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
mmm thanks jeff ive got to try to this some time

kudos to the cheff

theken
11-20-2004, 12:28 AM
definatly try it :thumbsup:

xrayvsn
11-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Man, I love chili too. Actually, your recipe looks a lot like my recipe, but I replace the tomato paste with two cans of diced tomato. The key is the beans - which is why I call mine "The Double Bean". Oh, and its good for your digestion too. :thumbsup:

Toms-SC
11-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Another good add on to chili is to cook it as Jeff does, melt a layer (thick) of cheddar cheese on top. Throw a plate of nacho chips into the oven on low temp to heat them up. Use the now warm nacho chips to dig into the chili.

ZorroAMG
11-20-2004, 04:28 AM
Huge fan of chili, right here..I do the same make enough for like 3 days worth of meals lunch and dinner haha..

Jeff, grate some fresh cheddar or mozzarella on top right before eating it and it's HEAVEN!

badseed
11-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Chili is the shiite. I could eat chili for days upon end, it's Soooo hearty!!!!!!

EK 2.0
11-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Huge fan of chili, right here..I do the same make enough for like 3 days worth of meals lunch and dinner haha..

Jeff, grate some fresh cheddar or mozzarella on top right before eating it and it's HEAVEN!

Mozza is my key for that...and for a variation on the eating process...

slap that mixture into a taco shell, add some lettuce and its amazing...

GTS Jeff
11-20-2004, 11:35 AM
yea chili-cheese nachos are good! i find that eating all this chili makes me super farty tho...

DJ Lazy
11-20-2004, 03:00 PM
^^ Chili will do that to ya man... :rofl: :rofl:

I eat hot food... I have a burning ring of fire... :eek: :rofl:

Gondi Stylez
11-27-2004, 02:23 AM
mmmm.... chili!:drool:

DJ Lazy
11-28-2004, 02:56 PM
My grocery list was mainly based on chili ingrediants today... :D

Bring on the burning ring of Fire.... :devil: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
11-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
My grocery list was mainly based on chili ingrediants today... :D

Bring on the burning ring of Fire.... :devil: :rofl: sweet are u making my chili? u gota give some feedback on it!

BigDannyCool
11-29-2004, 06:22 AM
u use a lot of tomato paste....

Texas
11-29-2004, 11:20 PM
This is amazing chili, I substituted Celery and carrots for the mushrooms and peppers and just added some extra hotsauce/ground pepper and thanks to Jeff... I will eat well for the next month. :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Making a pot of this shit right now y0...

Change a few things around, as I was missing some things.. Can't wait... :drool:

DJ Lazy
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Still Simmering.... Getting fucking hungry!!! :rofl:

1 more hour... :tongue:

GTS Jeff
12-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Still Simmering.... Getting fucking hungry!!! :rofl:

1 more hour... :tongue: so what are the results?

DJ Lazy
12-18-2004, 02:54 PM
It was some DAMN good shit man.. I still have one small portion left in the fridge... Not sure whether I want it as an afternoon snack, or save my stomach for tonights dinner at the Calgary Tower.... Mmmm beef tenderloin.... :drool: :drool:

1badPT
12-18-2004, 03:16 PM
I love chili too! This recipe is similar to mine except in place of ground beef, I chop steak into 2 inch cubes, fry it, then do the chili up in a slow cooker.

Its been a while since I had chili, I think I'll make some up this weekend :D