PDA

View Full Version : Diesel BMW?

MrMiyagi
11-20-2004, 02:33 AM
Has anyone heard any rumours about a diesel 3-series coming to Canada?

http://www.bmw.co.uk/apm/new_bmw/mid/index/0,4504,1156_1490__,00.html

nismodrifter
11-20-2004, 02:35 AM
there was someone who posted about this like last year or something, he was driving a 3-series diesel test car in Canada or something, so yep...I'd say its just a matter of time :)

MrMiyagi
11-20-2004, 11:50 AM
OK. Just read this, that says that they are currently reducing the amout of sulphur in diesel, but not until sometime in mid 2006. So I guess it's another couple years until we get some more diesel vehicle selection.

http://www.cbsc.org/sask/sbis/search/display.cfm?Code=2535&coll=FE_FEDSBIS_E

I'm just not happy that the only diesel cars you can get right now are VWs. I've owned a couple VWs, and I will never own one again! :P

knees scrapin'
11-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry to jack the thread but...Whats the beef?

I have been quite happy with the dozen or so VW's over the years. I have a 04 Golf now and I was quite impressed with the fit/finish of the car. :dunno:

euro_racer
11-20-2004, 12:36 PM
wow, i cant wait to get more diesel-powered cars in canada:thumbsup:

MrMiyagi
11-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by knees scrapin'
Sorry to jack the thread but...Whats the beef?

I have been quite happy with the dozen or so VW's over the years. I have a 04 Golf now and I was quite impressed with the fit/finish of the car. :dunno:

Man, I had a 1992 Jetta. It had rust problems, the quality of the car in general was crap, and the dealer service was terrible. I must admit, the new Jettas/Golfs look really nice inside and out, but I've had friends who have had lots of problems with even the new ones. My opinion so far is that they're not as good as the Toyota/Honda brands with respect to quality. (or even other Mexican cars like my Nissan! ;) )

euro_racer
11-21-2004, 11:55 AM
many vw's are made in mexico too:thumbsdow

Xtrema
11-21-2004, 12:33 PM
We won't get low sulfur diesel til 06.

Until then, all diesel cars has to live with smelly exhaust.

But that V10 in the Toureg is pretty sweet.

MrMiyagi
11-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
many vw's are made in mexico too:thumbsdow

Aren't they all? Jetta, Golf, Beetle? I don't know about the TDI models though. Are they Mexican too?

nismodrifter
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by MrMiyagi

Aren't they all? Jetta, Golf, Beetle? I don't know about the TDI models though. Are they Mexican too?

yep...all mexican, I think the only german made ones were like the very first ones produced in like 2000 or something (not sure if thats the exact year but you can tell because their VIN number starts with a different set of letters)

FiveFreshFish
11-22-2004, 02:07 PM
GTi production was moved back to Germany a few years ago, at least for the North American market.

Semaj
11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Unn..No it wasn't..Golf's/GTIs are made in brazil I believe, and jettas are made in mexico. Only special models are made in Germany..and the paeton of course