PDA

View Full Version : question about my celica

JarrodAZ
11-20-2004, 02:47 AM
New to this! I have a 92 celica GTS 2.2 liter, will a 3S-GTE hook up to my front wheel Dr. Transmision? If not what do I need to do to get it done? Thanks for any help

xrayvsn
11-20-2004, 02:55 AM
I have read from my own research into this that it will. I think some people have also swapped it for a Camry tranny. I'm not 100% sure on this, and also want to know the answer.

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/3sgteswap.htm

Something I found with google.

ramminghard
11-20-2004, 04:15 PM
i am almost positive that it will.

schmooot
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
It will with some modification. RIght now your starter is underneath your exhaust manifold right? Well on the 3S-GTE the turbo goes there so the starter is relocated to the other side of the tranny, still attached to the same spot on the flywheel, it just engages the other side. There is a spot that is factory stamped out to accomidate this on the alltrac tranny. All you have to do is block off the old hole with a plate and relocate your starter. Or do it the easy way and get a hold of a tranny with the starter already on that side, like, say a FE tranny out of a camry.

Of course a cheaper tranny won't be able to handle the torque of the GTE for very long but meh.