PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Hip last night?

Mckenzie
11-20-2004, 12:22 PM
What a wicked show!:thumbsup:

11th row on the floor dead center.

That place lit up like a light bulb when the Hip came on. These drunks beside us got the entire saddledome to sing O Canada just before they walked on stage....it was pretty funny.

That was the third time I have seen them at the dome and defenitaly the best. And it defenitaly ranks higher than the Aerosmith show in Edmonton.

Any comments?

Def_3
11-20-2004, 12:46 PM
the Hip was better than Aerosmith>??????? Hard to believe that, but I guess its cuz I am NOT a hip fan.............."and I had a feverish dream..." ahhhh I HATE THAT SONG WITH A PASION,

anyways, I was at the dome last night, my gf dragged me to the sex show (WHAT FREAKS!!), anyways, seemed pretty packed for the hip, I guess there are alot of fans...good to hear you had a goodtime:thumbsup:

Mckenzie
11-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Def_3
the Hip was better than Aerosmith>??????? Hard to believe that, but I guess its cuz I am NOT a hip fan.............."and I had a feverish dream..." ahhhh I HATE THAT SONG WITH A PASION,

Seriously they were....:D

The show was better than Aerosmith in Edmonton but no where near as good as the Aerosmith show in Calgary in 2001. The Edmonton crowds sucks....they were just standing there not even moving and I did not see one person smoking a joint (I couldn't even see across the Saddledome at Aeresmith it was so hazy)! Calgary's crowds seem to get into shows more.....maybe that is why it was such a good show. It was like 3 hours of sing along.

And 3 encores!:thumbsup:

B17a
11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
I was there too. Awesome show. I can't remember a better show from them in the half dozen or so times I've seen them.:thumbsup:

Meat2783
11-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Awesome show, great set list, and great seats :D 9th row floor dead centre. (Great seats eh Cole?)

Best show since Metallica :thumbsup:

Amazed they did 3 encores though, and it was nice to see the crowd getting into it.

Mckenzie
11-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Meat2783
Awesome show, great set list, and great seats :D 9th row floor dead centre. (Great seats eh Cole?)

Best show since Metallica :thumbsup:

Amazed they did 3 encores though, and it was nice to see the crowd getting into it.

Yeah thanks Brent....the best seats ever for sure!

And I was really stoked about the third encore....great stuff. They love Calgary though...thats why.

The only other songs I wanted to hear were:

Nautical Disaster
Wheat Kings
Boots or Hearts

Other than that....great show!

InfiniteJoy
11-21-2004, 02:43 PM
They did 3 encores in Edmonton too, IMO 3 is one too many, kinda lame. The first encore was superfluous, thry should have just played the 3 more songs with the original set IMO

toyboy88
11-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I went as well, lower box seats to the right of the stage. AWESOME SEATS!! anywayz haha 3 encores?!!!:eek: :thumbsup: