PDA

View Full Version : Ninja's or pirates?

Maverik
11-20-2004, 07:26 PM
C'mon people let me know.... Ninja's or pirates... who's cooler? Post your opinions here, and in case anyone says anything , just because a pirate swashbuckles does not make him cool

no_joke
11-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Haha, stop biting on SRK. Even they overdid it.

Oh yeah, ninjas destroy all.

buh_buh
11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
http://www.realultimatepower.net/index3.htm

xDiMSuMx
11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
ninjas > pirates

they are the real ultimate power

haha

buh_buh
11-20-2004, 07:30 PM
haha beat you to it and you got it wrong

Maverik
11-20-2004, 07:30 PM
WOW that got a response quick, i am not biting on anything, me and my buddy were bored so we polled the centre we work at and though we would throw it on here. And that ultimate power site is the shit.

Carfanman
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Ningas rule! fuk the pirates.

kevie88
Ninja's pwn pirates... lousy patch-wearin bastages!!

xDiMSuMx
Originally posted by buh_buh
haha beat you to it and you got it wrong

i hate u

Maverik
11-20-2004, 07:32 PM
^That is the funniest thing i have ever heard

Maverik
11-20-2004, 07:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crx62
11-20-2004, 07:46 PM
no way pirates all the way.

GT2NV
11-20-2004, 07:59 PM
GO NINJA GO NINJA GOo:nut:

rahim
11-20-2004, 08:02 PM
The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.
pirates don't stand a chance

boy1_
11-20-2004, 08:40 PM
ninja is the best. what can a pirate do?, light a cannon thats it. Whereas a ninja has stealth attack abilities. and we all know that stealth attack is where its at

FiveFreshFish
11-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by crx62
no way pirates all the way.

Yup, I vote for pirates. We've got pirate software, pirate radio, pirate TV and good old Maddox (http://maddox.xmission.com/).

What do ninjas have? TMNT? :D

buh_buh
11-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Yup, I vote for pirates. We've got pirate software, pirate radio, pirate TV and good old Maddox (http://maddox.xmission.com/).

What do ninjas have? TMNT? :D well if you would've went to real ultimate power, you would know that

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

that right there is enough to defeat the pirates!

and on the ninja timeline, it says 2 ninjas killed an entire squadron of pirates!
http://www.msu.edu/~couilla6/ninja/timelinepat.gif

Kamen
11-20-2004, 10:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Ninja r teh winnar.

thich
11-20-2004, 10:08 PM
well, depends on wut types of pirates u talking about.. Western Pirates were sorta eh...
Japanese pirates were pretty crazy .

however I chose ninja as well. how could u not pick the ultimate assassination machines of the past? :D
the shinobi ownz joo lol

toyboy88
11-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Ninja's all the way! :thumbsup:

rio_rex
11-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Doesn't anybody remember that pirates have guns?? Wheres that animation of the 2 stick guys where one does kung foo, and the other shoots him with a gun when u need it?? LOL, anyways yeah i'm not anti-ninja....go ninja's!

ZorroAMG
11-21-2004, 02:17 AM
2 words: Tabi boots.

Primer_Drift
11-21-2004, 04:19 AM
I vote for ninjas cuz they could be watching..

statick
11-21-2004, 08:32 AM
ninjas:D

91VTEG
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
ummm probably ninjas:dunno:

civic_stylez
11-21-2004, 06:57 PM
ninjas are elite..they can kill you with a spoon...pirates are too drunk to whoop ass....ninjas pizzown!:thumbsup:

cycosis
11-21-2004, 07:23 PM
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR MATEY! IM A PIRATE:D

iceburns288
11-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Pirates are so awesome... but ninjas can do all that frikky martial arts stuff so they win!

LUDELVR
11-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Shit what about the ninjas tha are pirates!!! Everyone's gonna be shit fucked then!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Foreign1
11-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Pirates.. only because of Kiera Knightley in Pirates of the Caribean.

Primer_Drift
11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I feel I must post this, kinda relevant
Hybrid ninja (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/kungfu.htm)
Not funny to me but :dunno: the badgers were funny :D

LUDELVR
11-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Oh.......my........gosh.........That was the gheyest video ever!!!

I take by my comment on having a pirate ninja!!!!

hahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hipermax_d
11-21-2004, 11:34 PM
just to let you guys know.
real ninja's were'nt really that unbelievable as you may think.
they were basically a spy.
tv animes, shows etc really exaggerates it to make them look more invincible.
in reality, pirates would be the more stronger ppl.

unless this poll is about fantasy ninjas and pirates

buh_buh
11-21-2004, 11:58 PM
you mean to tell me ninjas don't really flip out and kill people all the time???
http://www.virgeweb.com/buhbuh/bsflag.gif

LUDELVR
11-22-2004, 04:25 AM
you mean to tell me ninjas don't really flip out and kill people all the time???
http://www.virgeweb.com/buhbuh/bsflag.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl:

Holy hell that just made my day! I'm still laughing as I type that!!

Fuck yah, they flip out and kill people all the time! ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!

Anyone that tells you different has obviously never encountered a real ninja!!!

I mean shit, look at this guy! Although he's not in uniform, he's a major force to be dealt with!!

http://www.msu.edu/~couilla6/ninja/kidgarbage.jpg

statick
11-22-2004, 09:11 AM
^^:rofl: :rofl:

bspot
11-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

"Hai Yarrrrr!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

buh_buh
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
How can you doubt the power of the ninja?

Testimonial:

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time.
If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Ninjas are fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love ninjas with all of my body (including my pee pee).

So in reality, ninjas would be 100x stronger than any ass pirate!

Maverik
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
This poll is about real ninja's, the kind that flip out and kill people. PLS don't kill the dream.............

Dave P
11-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Pirates by a long shot

there like now day rappers.

Always running with a crew
Always have lots of ladies (winches) around
Tones of bling (treasure)
Dope rides (big ass boats)
exotic pets (parrots)
and way cooler slang then most people

shadow
11-22-2004, 12:50 PM
This one is easy. =)

http://www.msu.edu/~couilla6/ninja/NINJAvsPIRATE.jpg

buh_buh
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
how can pirates expect to win with no depth perception?:nut:

Altezza
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
how can pirates expect to win with no depth perception?:nut:

:werd: And with only one leg too...

statick
11-22-2004, 01:37 PM
^hat to drag this on, but also with one eye covered up and one hand chopped off.

Hipermax_d
11-22-2004, 01:47 PM
sorry guys
sure ninjas do kill ppl. a lot flip out. but the truth is, actual ninjas were basically spys to spy on other villages, emperors etc. so they dont always kill
they are just regular human beings so they dont have any special powers.
killing wise, pirates would be more dangerous

but, if it was about anime ninjas and stuff, i like ninjas a lot more than pirates

Maverik
11-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
sorry guys
sure ninjas do kill ppl. a lot flip out. but the truth is, actual ninjas were basically spys to spy on other villages, emperors etc. so they dont always kill
they are just regular human beings so they dont have any special powers.
killing wise, pirates would be more dangerous

but, if it was about anime ninjas and stuff, i like ninjas a lot more than pirates

STOP KILLING THE DREAM

shakalaka
11-22-2004, 02:02 PM
hahahah
I would go with Pirates man. They just look cooler, and I have seen Pirates of the Carribean(spl?) was a cool movie.

QuasarCav
11-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Pirates all the way, Who wouldn't love sailing in a big boat with tonnes of wenches. Whenever you're low on cash you just rob another boat. I would have to get used to the eyepatch but it sure beats eating rice and fishheads.

treg50
11-22-2004, 02:08 PM
P I R A T E S !

Ninjas are sooo early to mid-80's.

Pirates are where it's at now, I'd say, lol. I remember playing ninjas with my friends in the backyard. He'd be yelling, "Nunchucks! Nunchucks!" and I'd be yelling "Ninjastars! Ninjastars!" and I'd win because he was running straight at me in the open and I was just mowing him down everytime. He never thought to change weaposns, hahaha... I was 8 years old, gimme a break. :)

Pirates win because of POTC.

abyss
11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Pirates, cause of Johnny De......I mean.....Cause Pirates are cooler. :angel:

shadow
11-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Are you kidding ninjas are amazing just look at this one..
http://www.msu.edu/~couilla6/ninja/ninjababy.jpg

FiveFreshFish
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Don't ninjas lead a solo celibate lifestyle? :D That would truly suck.

Carfanman
11-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Well then a new generatoin of ninjas. I mean how can you be that fast and not have sx

izzoblitzo
11-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Pirates are waaaaay better. Good ole peg leg.:D

Primer_Drift
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Don't ninjas lead a solo celibate lifestyle? :D That would truly suck.

Ninjas celibate? No freakin way! Ya they're busy guys flipping out and killing people, but they have stealth techniques.. the can get it whenever they want! Don't be mad if a ninja steals your Gf fool.. sure pirates may talk a lot of shit about booty.. but they're drunk so much of the time they can't get it on anyway.

buh_buh
11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
yeap Primer_Drift's right.
If a ninja wanted your girlfriend he could easily flip out and kill all of Calgary without even thinking twice. Then he would celebrate by wailing on his guitar.

Dave P
11-22-2004, 03:57 PM
before this gets any further, you need to separate the facts, so its not all fiction

Misconceptions about ninjas:
Ninjas do NOT wear spandex.
A Samurai is NOT a ninja.
Dragon Ball Z characters are NOT ninjas.
If you see a ninja, he is NOT a ninja.

Misconceptions about pirates:
A Pirate is NOT a rat that eats pies.
Pirates do NOT have special powers beyond normal humans.
Pirates do NOT know how to breakdance.
Pirates do NOT have a curse

http://www.ninjapirate.com/battle.html

To begin, there are (number) different categories in which to rate our subjects.

The Rough and Ready Pirates and ninjas are both known for their toughness, difficulty to kill, and readiness for action. However, their rough and ready is stemmed from different roots. Ninjas are countable as rough because they are tough, and the two come hand in hand. Their toughness (defined here as resistance to being killed) is a result of many years of intensive training. They are ready simply because they have been trained for every possible outcome. Pirates, on the other hand, have rough and ready as more of a general disposition. They are rough in every sense of the word: tough, swarthy, grizzled, crude, stubbly. Because they have no specific training--they're just sort of making it up as they go along--they are in some ways more ready for anything than even ninjas. They must expect the unexpected and be ready for--whatever. They take things as they come with one objective in mind: Get Loot.
Tie

Kill Count Here the ninjas have the obvious advantage. Ninjas must be highly effective killing machines just to make it through ninja school. In their favor, pirates are ruthless and may kill on whim, where ninjas only kill those of whom they are hired to dispose. However, ninjas kill A LOT. Generally, that's their objective. Pirates just want to loot, and killing comes as an unavoidable by-product. And when ninjas want to kill someone, they DO it. The guy is dead before he knows there's anyone else in the house. Pirates would be more likely to kill someone in a fight, or accidentally swing their cutlass through some innocent bystanders whilst attempting to loot a poor village, and not care.
Winner: Ninjas

Fashion Sense This is not only a battle of pirate duds vs. basic black but individuality vs. conformity. Ninjas are all in black, all the same. Granted, this helps them do their job (try sneaking up on anyone in bright red bandana and bangle bracelets) and protects their identity, important in the assassination field. But the ninjas really have no identity. They're all perfect killing machines... all of them. One is interchangable for another. For me, it's Ants Syndrome. When you see one ant, he's kinda cool. Cute, even. But when you see a lot of them, all crawling different ways, it's gross. Same with ninjas. When you see one perfect killing machine, it's cool. But a lot of them, all the same, and it's not that cool anymore. They're a dime a dozen.
Pirates don't run the risk of losing coolness if there's a lot of them because they're all different. They're all their own person. Even within the realm of pirates, there are many different types and styles of dress, from the Fashionable Sophisticated Dandy to the Lowly Scurvy Grog-guzzling Bestubbled Grunt, to the Crazy Old Pirate Captain With A Pegleg And A Hook And A Glass Eye And A Million Stories. You can mix, you can match, you can create your own. Be your own pirate!
Winner: Pirates

Boss-Employee Relations Like countless Americans, I'm not really clear on what a ninja is. Sometimes I get them confused with samurai. But here's how I see it: Ninjas are mercenaries, so they go from boss to boss, being paid to kill so-and-so. When under a certain boss, they give complete loyalty. They would commit suicide before divulging mission information. If their boss orders them to commit suicide, they do that too without a peep.
Pirates are mercenaries, too. At least, they're mercenary. They work for profit and profit only. Mostly, piracy is a "look out for number one" type deal. Your captain won't look out for you particularly, except enough to keep you from mutinying, and you only look out for your captain insomuch as he causes the whole outfit to be profitable in the first place. If he gets too out of line, or doesn't make enough money, you can always mutiny (as a whole crew) or just leave (as an individual). (Though leaving may be tough if you're out on the high seas. You might find yourself dead first.) Ninjas don't have the option of backing out or changing the people in power, since their code (BUSHIDO, unless I'm mistaken) dictates crazy amounts of honor and loyalty.
Winner (Company Loyalty and Smooth Workplace Transactions): Ninjas
Winner (Possbility for Promotion and Fringe Benefits): Pirates

Focus on Objectives Pirates have a lot on their minds. Though their basic objective (Get Loot) is clear, there's a lot of thought that goes into making sure they get the most loot possibe. At all times, they must be thinking about their captain--is he the right captain for me? Is he getting us enough loot? Am I getting a big enough share of that loot? Is the captain, or any other crew member, going to kill me? Am I going to kill the captain, or any other crew member? Do others on the crew feel the way I do? Is mutiny an option? How are other crews doing? Would it be more profitable to join another crew? Not to mention their fashion qualms. Is the "one-earring" look right for me? Red or blue bandana? Tri-cornered hat--cool or tacky? Am I attracted to members of my own sex? What if I had a parrot?
Ninjas have their clothes decided for them (it's black or nothin'), their mission set out and their pay non-negotiable. Because they have utter loyalty to their higher-ups, they don't waste any time second-guessing their superiors' decisions. They just carry out their mission.
Winner: Ninjas

Profitability Anyone who hires ninjas has to be rich, like that guy in the James Bond book. (That was kickass, by the way.) They're a pricy bunch. However, they are a bunch. You're going to end up hiring assloads of ninjas. Dividing up all the pay, they get maybe the equivalent of ten pounds an hour. If they're lucky. Pirates, on the other hand, are all about profitability. If they're not making what they'd like to, they find another crew. Why the hell not? That or kill the captain, if his strategies are unprofitable, or he's keeping too much of the loot for himself. Likewise, the captain makes sure he has the smallest crew possible to carry out his missions, so the loot doesn't have to be divided as many ways. Really profitable pirating outfits won't want to take on any new crew members, if they're doing fine the way they are. There's a lot of factors, really. Damn! I just had a great idea for the Maxis corportation! SIM PIRATE!

Fun Factor Let's face it, being a pirate is just more fun than being a ninja. Ninjas require a lot of schooling and often have to give their own lives for the greater good. Who wants that? Pirates are just looking out for their own best interests, so they have more money, and do more of what they want, more of the time. True, there's a higher chance of you being killed by one of your co-workers, bosses, or numerous enemies. But if you survive, you've got a tidy pension to have fun on for the rest of your life. And in the meantime, looting and pillaging is just good times.

Overall Winner: I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Primer_Drift
11-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
ninjas often have to give their own lives for the greater good
I didn't have time to read your entire post so I will just respond to this small quote, thus defeating your entire argument, which I have not read, and will not because it hurts my eyes.
Ninja's are not samurai, they dont believe in a greater good, only in flipping out killing people and doing whatever they want, its the true ultimate power.
Not to mention ninjas don't die, especially not for something else if it doesnt involve flipping out - making pirates shit their pants.

Carfanman
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Kewl comparisson. I think a secret agent is the happy medium. They have guns so they do stand a chance in a gun fight or long range battle, they are fast, and sly, they have somewhat individual looks but are also good at disguises, the list goes on and on. Just look at james bond.

Maverik
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I am with this guy, that was a long post, and we know dragonball z characters atre not ninja's, they are even cooler than ninja's in my mind. And ninja's will always kill pirates, don't know if they could take a DBZ character though

statick
11-22-2004, 05:43 PM
good theory carfanman:thumbsup:

buh_buh
11-22-2004, 05:58 PM
if a ninja can flip out and kill an entire city, what makes you think a ninja can't flip out and kill an entire ship full of pirates? We're talking a single ninja here. If there were 2 or maybe 3, shit would hit the fan.

1-Bar
11-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Ninja turtles can take out a fleet of pirates and their ships.....

freakin
11-22-2004, 06:53 PM
How many pirates have their own fast food delivery service?
http://www.ninjaburger.com/

treg50
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by freakin
How many pirates have their own fast food delivery service?
http://www.ninjaburger.com/

How many ninjas have their own line of internationally successful alcoholic beverages?

That's right. I'm talking about Captain Morgan.

The Captain Is Here. :thumbsup:

Primer_Drift
11-23-2004, 01:01 AM
I feel a photo chop coming on..

Skyline_Addict
11-23-2004, 01:05 AM
do i even have to say what I think? lol.

friggin' chidori all you pirate asses to hell.

LUDELVR
11-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Man, I'm taking a training course on how to be a ninja, and yes, in the book I"m reading right now, it states in big black bold letters "Ninjas must be trained properly before they can flip out and kill everyone because if they're not, they will only kill half the city"

It's right there!!!! So yah, unless they are not properly trained then you can only expect half the number of dead people!

But....everyone always dies when a ninja flips out so logic would have that every ninja is well trained! :thumbsup: for the ninja!

mwmhong
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
NINJA, PLEASE!

ApexDrift
11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
do i even have to say what I think? lol.

friggin' chidori all you pirate asses to hell.

:werd:

Maverik
11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Pirates do not have their own rap either. When a pirate gets their own rap song, then we will see

ApexDrift
11-24-2004, 05:59 PM
THEY MEET

BATTLE

NINJA WINS!

END!

ninjak84
11-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Has to be ninja!

Maverik
11-24-2004, 07:27 PM
If you look rel hard in the back of the captain morgan bottle there is a ninja sneaking up on him.......

Sneaky bastards

Carfanman
11-25-2004, 11:10 AM
You dont need to be a ninja to kill a city... Just get a machine gun or a nuke.

Maverik
11-25-2004, 01:54 PM
But where's the style?

iceburns288
11-27-2004, 12:07 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/021119.gif

Carfanman
12-07-2004, 11:31 PM
^lol
Sorry to bump this up but I kind of had to post this, the real scoop on ninjas. (http://people.howstuffworks.com/ninja.htm/printable)

CKY
12-08-2004, 12:55 AM
i think we'll all know whos the better from watching

this (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/afroninja.mpg)

and readingthis (http://www.mrcranky.com/movies/2fast2furious/75.html)

mo_virgin
12-08-2004, 06:24 AM
ninjas ...

AcuraTl
12-08-2004, 09:02 AM
THOSE EVILL ninjaazz, i say we raise money for this guy!