PDA

View Full Version : Prada/versace/gucci clothing

eclipseqt
11-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Anybody know where to buy Prada and such clothing? They don't carry anything at Chinook Centre or South Centre. I've been down to 17th Ave and they don't have anything either! It's all Diesel, Diesel, Diesel!

toyboy88
11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
actually on 17th they have a men's high-end clothing store that sells prada and versace. it's right beside the brass monaco (glasses shop) in between 7th and 8th ave.

forget the name though

:thumbsup:

saiyajin
11-20-2004, 08:49 PM
^ that would be UZU i think

you can try Holt Renfrew in TD Square downtown

eclipseqt
11-20-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm a girl though. Do they only have mens?

saiyajin
11-20-2004, 08:57 PM
then you should try TD downtown

BebeAphrodite
11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Are you looking for women or for men?
Womens would be over at Holt.
For men, Holt, Henry Singer in bankers, and also Harry Rosen in TD too. Also Henry on 4th has more casual designer clothes.
come to think of it, I havent seen Versace for a while.
Also, if ur into the Prada line, Boss a line that resembles of a lot of the prada clothes but a lot cheaper (300/shirt for Boss vs. 500/shirt for Prada - this was for a similar shirt I found in the two designers)... ha ha ha, total generalisation but that's why I love Boss for boys. It's so affordable and looks sooo nice)

toyboy88
11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by eclipseqt
I'm a girl though. Do they only have mens?

o sry ya only mens, try holt renfrew! :thumbsup:

Kobe
11-20-2004, 10:15 PM
New Trends on 1st Street has alot.. just opened..

DUBBED
11-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
ha ha ha, total generalisation but that's why I love Boss for boys. It's so affordable and looks sooo nice)

$300/shirt is affordable? not that I should talk I have a few but I wouldn't call it affordable.

badseed
11-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Henry on 4th:thumbsup: , casual line suited for the young gentlemen. Super Expensive, wish I could shop there.

eclipseqt
11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
I think I will check out TD this afternoon with some friends, is there any parking down there though? I would hate to take the c-train! :(

badseed
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Yes, try the parkade.

InfiniteJoy
11-21-2004, 01:12 PM
For men, Holt, Henry Singer in bankers, and also Harry Rosen in TD too. Also Henry on 4th has more casual designer clothes.
Also, if ur into the Prada line, Boss a line that resembles of a lot of the prada clothes but a lot cheaper (300/shirt for Boss vs. 500/shirt for Prada - this was for a similar shirt I found in the two designers)... ha ha ha, total generalisation but that's why I love Boss for boys. It's so affordable and looks sooo nice)

:eek:

Toms-SC
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

$300/shirt is affordable? not that I should talk I have a few but I wouldn't call it affordable.

p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s s-y-n-d-r-o-m-e

eb0i
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s s-y-n-d-r-o-m-e :rofl:

jaylo
11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
New Trends on 1st Street has alot.. just opened..

Isn't New Trends a USED clothing/apparel store?

t-im
11-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Prada what

sport or main line?

Prada sport for women

3rd floor Holt on the right with D&G and Marc Marc Jacobs

Prada Collection

second floor holt renfrew across from Chanel

and btw, Henry does not carry Prada anything, neither does Uzu

REFLUX
11-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s s-y-n-d-r-o-m-e

This applies to so many Beyonders (girls AND guys)
:thumbsup:

in*10*se
11-21-2004, 02:31 PM

christ katie... :banghead: :dunno: :rolleyes: :nut:

can we say spoiled? lol hee hee :angel: j/k

for some 300 for a shirt is nothing, but for others, they could easily by like 3 shirts at bananna republic or something... oh well... to each their own... i'm a starving student, so value village for life :rofl:

BebeAphrodite
11-21-2004, 03:43 PM
ha ha ha
I was saying it was affordable compared to Prada. A complete generalisation.
Soo many similar styles. When I didn't know that Hugo had released their new lines I was looking at the clothes and I thought it was Prada sport because it even has that little tag. Similar lines, even styles, materials, but when I walked closer I saw it was Boss and wayy cheaper! :D
So for a fraction of the cost of Prada, Boss is similar.

As for the brand name clothes for girls, you can go to Holt - that's about it. A lot of the fashions are targetted for older people so it's sorta hard to find clothes in every area.

T-im: ha ha ha, wow, you know ur stuff... ha ha ha

Redlyne_mr2
11-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Boss is definitely affordable compared to others and very well made, they make some wicked gear. Gucci and prada, are shitty quality, over priced and are generally for homosexuals.

max_boost
11-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

$300/shirt is affordable? not that I should talk I have a few but I wouldn't call it affordable. Holy shit you ballers man!!! My shirts cost no more than $40 and jeans no more than $120. :eek:

Recently I've been running into a few GQ wannabes at the Poker table. Telling me about their $300 shoes, $300 shirts, jean, glasses etc.etc. And then I ask what car they drive, 1990 Accord. LOL:rofl:

RSeXy
11-21-2004, 04:40 PM
^^

WERD. I get his clothes and man do I find deals on them! hahaha!

No way I can spend $300 on a shirt. There would have to be diamonds encrusted on it or something! I'm learning to be thrifty on clothes so I can splurge on accessories! hehe...my shirts are $12, my jeans/pants $80-120.

t-im
11-21-2004, 04:47 PM

T-im: ha ha ha, wow, you know ur stuff... ha ha ha

haha yeah

but anyways, boss stuff is nice, but boss stuff is lacking in quality..their suits are okay, cut nice, but nothing that great..sales people will tell you people mainly pay the 1g just because it's hugo boss

in my opinion, for 1g, i would save up a more for Canali or Zenga

Prada sport is pretty nice but everything looks the same season after season...black and grey in that nylony material with a red tag coming from one side

and prada looks grandma-esque around here

max_boost
11-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
^^

WERD. I get his clothes and man do I find deals on them! hahaha!

No way I can spend $300 on a shirt. There would have to be diamonds encrusted on it or something! I'm learning to be thrifty on clothes so I can splurge on accessories! hehe...my shirts are $12, my jeans/pants $80-120. And your bags are what, $900? Loser.....:thumbsdow :rofl:

BebeAphrodite
11-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
And your bags are what, $900? Loser.....:thumbsdow :rofl:

ha ha ha ha
I'd say ur the loser cuz she's not the one paying
ha ha ha ha :rofl:

delsol_rockstar
11-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Harry Rosen is the place you go

BebeAphrodite
11-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by delsol_rockstar
Harry Rosen is the place you go

she's a girl

Holt is where she goes.

max_boost
11-21-2004, 07:40 PM

ha ha ha ha
I'd say ur the loser cuz she's not the one paying
ha ha ha ha :rofl:

Oh well, I'm not the only guy that's guilty of this.:rofl:

Ahem rage, redlyne, kenny, mywyfshot and whoever else:rofl: :whocares:

Toms-SC
11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Recently I've been running into a few GQ wannabes at the Poker table. Telling me about their $300 shoes, $300 shirts, jean, glasses etc.etc. And then I ask what car they drive, 1990 Accord. LOL:rofl:

I notice this too, its people living one step ahead of their pocket books. No savings, no inventments, no assets, just their one shirt worth $1000.

00redLUDE
11-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by badseed
Henry on 4th:thumbsup: , casual line suited for the young gentlemen. Super Expensive, wish I could shop there.

Do you have the exact address?

Ajay
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Beleive it or not the best bargains for high end clothes like that is Ebay.

You can buy a bunch of shirts, pants, accessories by higher end manufactures from Ebay for a fraction of what it would cost to buy at any stores in Calgary that carry them.

I personally don't like alot of the stuff by Gucci or Versace cause I think alot of it is to chachy but if you want it Ebay is where it's at. I have a couple bids on some Cavalli, Ben Sherman, and D&G articles going right now!

Stratus_Power
11-21-2004, 10:35 PM
whats a good way to tell whether an item on ebay is a real or a fake?

Ajay
11-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Well I wouldn't buy from a private person if I was buying a more expensive piece of clothing like Gucci or Prada...stick to the wholesellers.

Also most reputable sellers on Ebay will have pics showing the tags of the article of clothing with the brand name. Plus if in their description it says "Versace" and you get the item and the tag on the back of the shirt says "Versac" or something you can file a complaint with Ebay and get your $$ back. Just stick to the reputable sellers and you'll be fine....I haven't had any issues yet and I've bought a decent amount of clothes from there.

DUBBED
11-22-2004, 09:18 AM
The only thing I'd be worried about on ebay is sizing, I'm so awkward bodied that it's hard to get stuff to fit even when I try it on first. Some people have the luxery of being a true medium though. ahahha