PDA

View Full Version : Question about phones and plans

xDiMSuMx
11-21-2004, 02:03 PM
So my contract is over this month for rogers
i'm on a corporate plan that's 25 a month for 200 minutes and free evening/weekends

i want a new phone and don't want to pay too much

what phone would you guys recommend?
and should i sign another contract?

i'm thinking about getting the V220. On the 3 year contract it's only 50 bucks

i probably won't be switching plans since this corporate one is a pretty good deal unless we get city fido here soon

YCB
11-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I think with rogers you can sign like contracts year to year without upgrading or actually "downgrading" your plan for one of the stupid ones they have now..

If u want a new phone, just buy one off hear or ebay, switch the sim card and go from there. If you don't have a sim card, you can easily buy one and get one of the rogers CS to activate it for you.

xDiMSuMx
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by YCB
I think with rogers you can sign like contracts year to year without upgrading or actually "downgrading" your plan for one of the stupid ones they have now..

If u want a new phone, just buy one off hear or ebay, switch the sim card and go from there. If you don't have a sim card, you can easily buy one and get one of the rogers CS to activate it for you.

well my plan's pretty good right now and if there isn't anything great coming out soon i think i would rather just stay on the corporate plan

plus the v220 will only be $50 instead of $200

but then 3 yrs is a pretty long time

toyboy88
11-21-2004, 04:34 PM
3yrs contracts are LONGER than u think until u actually are locked up to one :thumbsdow

t-im
11-21-2004, 04:39 PM
3 yrs is waaay too long...

but keep your plan, corporate rocks!

mine is 150 daytime unlim evening and weekend for $20

xDiMSuMx
11-21-2004, 04:46 PM
hmmmmmmm.... so maybe a 2 yr contract then?

Slashin_
11-22-2004, 12:15 AM
this maybe be a stupid question but i am a pay as u go user
if ur a on contract can't u stlll just switch sim cards to a new phone?

roopi
11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Call Rogers and see what hardware upgrades you are eligible for. If you are coming of a contract you will be offered something to renew your contract for another year.

BebeAphrodite
11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I'd say sign 2 years at the max.
It blows me away how many people will go into a 3 year contract just because it's such a long amount of time.

Personally I'd rather pay full price for no contract or one year.
Keep in mind that you only save $50/year that you sign on.
And if something else comes along or you break your phone you're strapped in for such a long time.