PDA

View Full Version : JDM Mr2 questions

ApexDrift
11-21-2004, 02:23 PM
did a search didnt find much
my questions are specifically bout the 89 jdm Mr2 GT turbo stock.
just want some general info bout the car, like how much HP, what kind of turbo, blah blah blah...

any info would be great!:thumbsup:

stealth
11-21-2004, 02:50 PM
JDM Ct26 Ceramic Turbo.

225 HP/224 TQ

No EGR System

Different ECU

Redlyne_mr2
11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
They are faster than an rx7 thats all you need to know;)

ApexDrift
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
whats a EGR System?

ok it might be faster... but how does it handle? does the JDM model have power assisted steering or not?...

EK 2.0
11-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
whats a EGR System?

ok it might be faster... but how does it handle? does the JDM model have power assisted steering or not?...

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation...it's an emissions thing...recirculating exhaust gases as so to burn all the fuel it possibly can...thereby cleaning up emissions as much as possilbe...in JDM land they don't care too much for that sort of stuff so...at least in cars of that Generation...

and it should have power assist steering...I mean if a Toyota Sports car didnt come with it that would be very wierd...and knowing Toyota...it's probably variable assist as well...

And as far as handling goes...if you are comparing it to an RX for handling...its 2 very different driving styles...but the platform can be made to handle amazingly well...and right out of the box its no slouch either...

Redlyne_mr2
11-21-2004, 04:42 PM
The MR2 won coutless JGTC titles back in the day. It won the overall gt300 series even in its last year (1999) before the car was retired. Im not sure if they have power assited steering thats a good question.

EK 2.0
11-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Here found a site that might help you out a lil more...hope it does...

JDM MR2 (http://www.btinternet.com/~netsurf/mr2t/mr2tfaq.html)

ApexDrift
11-21-2004, 05:05 PM
awsome thx for the help :thumbsup:

stealth
11-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Im not sure if they have PS, but i like no powersteering, it gives me better feel of the road.

dj_Twin_turbo
11-23-2004, 10:46 AM
No Canadian market MKII MR2s were available with the EHPS system. I think your sentence should be revised to, "if a Toyota SEDAN didn't come with it, that would be very weird." IMO, none of the MR2 generations benefit from power steering, although, it is nice that in the MKII it is variable assist. Makes it as close to no power steering while still being easy to drive in the parking lot !

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation...it's an emissions thing...recirculating exhaust gases as so to burn all the fuel it possibly can...thereby cleaning up emissions as much as possilbe...in JDM land they don't care too much for that sort of stuff so...at least in cars of that Generation...

and it should have power assist steering...I mean if a Toyota Sports car didnt come with it that would be very wierd...and knowing Toyota...it's probably variable assist as well...

And as far as handling goes...if you are comparing it to an RX for handling...its 2 very different driving styles...but the platform can be made to handle amazingly well...and right out of the box its no slouch either...

cboyspimp
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
my friend has a jdm 1992 it rocks!:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
11-23-2004, 07:58 PM
I love the variable assist. Ive got it on my car, i believe the nsx's had it again

stealth
11-24-2004, 12:06 AM
What is variable assist? Im not sure if i have it.

cboyspimp: i do also :D