PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Banana Republic Family & Friends Card

sml
11-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Looking for Banana Republic Family & Friends Discount Card for the upcoming sale on Dec 3/4....willing to pay $$. :D

If you have one, please PM me and we'll work something out.

ShOwOfF
11-21-2004, 07:03 PM
I might have a couple later this week. I'll keep you posted.

kaput
11-21-2004, 07:45 PM

Impreza
11-22-2004, 01:52 AM
whats going on there? I wouldnt mind getting some discoutns

7thgenvic
11-22-2004, 01:54 AM
its a family and friends day, so the staff of gap.inc hand out these cards and you get 30% off all your purchases!

t-im
11-22-2004, 02:26 AM
i have one..hee

sml
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
If you have one, please PM me and we'll work something out. :thumbsup:

kaput
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM

Team_Mclaren
11-22-2004, 08:41 PM
dont mean to jack your thread sml, but if anyone has an extra one AFTER sml got the first availble one out there, i'll have happy to take it with some $ as well. thx

kaput
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM

Neil4Speed
11-22-2004, 11:22 PM
I have one for Gap, someone can use it after me if they want.

Team_Mclaren
11-24-2004, 01:11 AM
bump for sml and me... sml first.. anyone has one wanna share:(

t-im
11-24-2004, 01:15 AM
the discounts honestly kinda suck

30% regular

and 15% on sale items..

nothing to go crazy over!

sml
11-24-2004, 01:23 AM
well, if you don't think you need it, I'll buy it off you. 30% off is good enough for me!

lint
11-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by sml
well, if you don't think you need it, I'll buy it off you. 30% off is good enough for me!

Find a gf who works there :D

Seriously though, they might be hard to get. My gf has to write down the names of all the people she gives them out to. And I asked her about selling one, but it's not worth losing her job over. Sorry.

sml
11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
why would she lose her job? How would anyone know who your friends and family are? Couldn't I buy a small term friendship for a small amount of money? :dunno:

lint
11-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sml
why would she lose her job? How would anyone know who your friends and family are? Couldn't I buy a small term friendship for a small amount of money? :dunno:

Just like they can use their employee discounts for friends and family, they can be fired for abusing it. As for the card, she can easily be fired for selling it.

Team_Mclaren
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by lint

Just like they can use their employee discounts for friends and family, they can be fired for abusing it. As for the card, she can easily be fired for selling it.

how will they know?? especially if you go to a different location.. its "friends and family" you dont even need the same last name...

i would love to have that 30% off!:D
sml: if u find one wanna share it? i'll pay half

sml
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I ask again: How would anyone know who your friends and family are?

I'm not asking anyone to do anything illegal here. All I want is to find out if anyone have any spare cards left after giving it out to their friends and family. If you don't plan on using it anyways, don't let it go to waste! It's not like they're giving away free clothes here! They still make a killing after the 30% discount! I'm sure Banana would prefer that people buy stuff at 30% off than not have any buisness at all! Small profit is still profit, but no sale = no profit! If you think what you're doing in incriminating, then you can try to think about it like this: You're meeting a friend to give them a card and your friend is reimbersing you back for the gas money for your trip to meet them. :devil:

My point is: there are so many ways that you can think of to distribute these cards and whole purpose of the card is to generate more buisness. In that sense, as a good employee, I'm distribute to people who I think will end up buying stuff, that way it benefits the employee (cause they've done their job promoting), it benefits the company (cause it's a sale and sale = profit), and it benefits the end customer (cause they get a discount!)
Anyways, no matter, if noones wants my money, that's cool with me.

lint
11-24-2004, 03:36 PM
The issue is that if a card is sold and is tied to an employee, and it is discovered or revealed to management that it was sold, then it can come back and bite the employee in the ass. And that is not worth the risk. And I'm not saying that who ever is to buy one would let the cat out of the bag, but someone who found out about it and couldn't get one themselves. There are plenty of people up to no good.

It used to be give them to whoever, it didn't matter. They've since changed that policy, at least for this F&F sale. And I hardly doubt that they are starving for business.