PDA

View Full Version : Compustar AM Units

ramminghard
11-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Anyone have one of the new compustars with the red remote? The one that runs on the AM frequency. I am wondering what you think of it. Likes? Dislikes? Should you have popped for the FM unit. THe range is not so important to me so and price is.

Tony2
11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
You can expect to get the same type of quality, reliability, and warranty from the AM unit as the FM unit. They come in both 1 and 2 way models as does the FM. The brain shock sensor, etc etc are all the same, the only difference is the antenna and remote (Also vibrates on 2-way unit). As you suspected the range is not as good on the AM as the FM hence the price diff. Also you will notice AM does not penetrate through walls quite as well, however you can expect a decent amount of range. I have used the AM unit and works quite well if you are in your house, grocery store, etc.

T2

teamPR0
11-22-2004, 04:43 PM
I have the Am model. i got it because the blue fm one did not have the vibrate function. Range is not so important anyways. I mean if someone did back into your car and you were far away. good luck trying to catch him. I shoulda went for the new FM white model. vibrate and long distance. but ahh well. Im satisfied with my Compustar.:thumbsup:

ramminghard
11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
are you able to turn off all the songs on te remote and just make it silent or a little beep?

Weapon_R
11-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Spend the coin and buy the FM freq. AM frequency blows and the range is poor. You may say that it doesn't matter to you, but it sure does when you can't start your car with the poor AM frequency

dsmer
11-23-2004, 07:31 PM
does the fm make it though walls better?