PDA

View Full Version : Noob Turbo Question

Barking_Spidre
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Hey,

I'm not the best at car engines and forced induction and such, so here's my question.
My buddy's talon just pooched on him, and he's looking at a 2k Tiburon. Could he take his turbo out of his talon and stick it in his tiburon?:dunno: Or any car for that matter? I'm not sure if turbos depend on the type of car.
Thanks! :dunno:

R-Audi
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Long story short... No. At least not without a ton of engine and engine management work. There are most likely pre-fab'd kits out there if he is really interested!

vegas2005baby
11-22-2004, 06:33 PM
he could do it :)

Mikey_008
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
it's possible, basically turbo is just a bunch of pipes with an intercooler! Somehow go and get custom piping somewhere..and make it fit....you can do soOOoo much to cars these days, it's nutz!!

1-Bar
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
naw...you can use the talon turbo in the Tiburon. You just need to buy a lot of other parts that will support it. As mentioned earlier, engine management...also fuel management, turbo manifold, downpipe, intercooler....

Barking_Spidre
11-22-2004, 08:08 PM
wicked thanks for the info guys.

Scat
11-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Mikey_008
it's possible, basically turbo is just a bunch of pipes with an intercooler!

:banghead:

First off the stock compression of the tibby would be too high to run more than about 8psi without proper injectors and fuel managment.
Second, the talon exhaust manifold will not bolt up to the tibby's block so a custom manifold would need to be in place.
Third, piping from the turbo to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the throttle body would all have to be custom.
And last, you will need to run oil lines to keep that turbo lubricated. I'm not sure if the talon turbo is oil cooled or water cooled so you would have to worry about that as well.

Those should be all the MAJOR concerns. Unless you really know what your doing, I wouldn't suggest installing a OEM turbo system, nevermind a custom turbo set-up like that.

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 02:01 AM
whats wrong with a homemade turbo setup? dont be such a pussy.

^SkylinE^
11-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby
whats wrong with a homemade turbo setup? dont be such a pussy.

Nothing there great i made one but they take time and research. It sounds like this guy thinks a turbo is like a cd player. Unhook it and wire it up in a different car. Well theres more to it as Scat explain. Unless these guys are ready to custom fabricate and read up a little there talon-TIB project just isn't gonna come together. :devil:

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 02:13 AM
what are you runnign in your eg skyline ?

^SkylinE^
11-23-2004, 02:37 AM
jdm d15b
t3 turbo
9-10psi
hondata

finboy
11-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
jdm d15b
t3 turbo
9-10psi
hondata

did you ever get it to the track? :burnout:

^SkylinE^
11-23-2004, 02:43 AM
Nope..............:cry:
Next year i guess.
If i have the money i might be swaping to an H22 but we will see what my buget is!
Do you still remeber me finboy?
Anyways i would love to see what she runs...... in time!

finboy
11-23-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Nope..............:cry:
Next year i guess.
If i have the money i might be swaping to an H22 but we will see what my buget is!
Do you still remeber me finboy?
Anyways i would love to see what she runs...... in time!

for sure man, my car is still giving me issues so it hasn't been road worthy yet. thats the last time i buy a car from the wrecker :rofl:

look forward to seeing your car next season :thumbsup:

^SkylinE^
11-23-2004, 02:52 AM
What kind of issues are you having?
Im doing a getto paint job this week!
Just picked up my quarter panels today!
I hopes she turns out well. i have a gun and i have prep cars before ....wish me luck!

finboy
11-23-2004, 02:56 AM
check pm's man :thumbsup: