PDA

View Full Version : Transmission shop screwed my parents over

Chim
11-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Aamco (sp?) transmission specialties screwed up my dads car pretty badly. We paid them to replace our tranny fluid, and they barely re-tightened the pan plug.

Anyways long story short, these guys won't give us a refund for screwing up. Can we hold them responsible for any repairs to fix everything up, and what kind of legal action can we take to get them to pay up?

ramminghard
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Can you prove it was their fault? If not then i doubt there is much you can do besides make it a huge deal and call them all the time. It might work.

Superesc
11-22-2004, 07:57 PM
better business Bureau

Chim
11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
I thought the BBB was powerless?

And no we don't have much proof, this place is a franchise though we're going to try taking it straight to the head office.

shadow
11-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Well BBB will not go and rape them for you but if they get enough complaints then they could come down on them.

If you can prove damage was done because of their actions you have a lawsuit. However if the damages do not add up to much it may not be worth the fees involved.

You can prove damage + damage cost is high = sue

You can prove damage +damage cost is low = do not sue

You can't prove anything = do not sue.

ninspeed
11-25-2004, 05:52 PM
did they fix their mistake? retighten the bolts, and check fluid levels? if they did that, keep the bill, and have a note on it regarding the mishap and if anything happens down the road, then you have a record of it and can go back. Mechanics are people too, and sometimes forget

HTN SWCHS
11-25-2004, 07:12 PM
you didnt mention whether there was any damage or not to the transmission. ??? and if not, i dont expect them to give you a refund i wouldnt either

3G
11-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
you didnt mention whether there was any damage or not to the transmission. ??? and if not, i dont expect them to give you a refund i wouldnt either

answer your cell man