PDA

View Full Version : Is being homosexual wrong?

GTS Jeff
11-22-2004, 07:14 PM
It's voting day, so cast your votes.

statick
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
i personally dont believ it is. if u love someone and they are the same sex, there is nothing wrong with that. however the religion that i strongly beleive in is opposed to homosexuality.

Singel
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Hell no, its fine by me, I just don't really want to see it, but I don't like seeing ugly straight couples either. My religion's more/less against it, but they also promote tolerance, so I just don't know what to believe

statick
11-22-2004, 08:45 PM
^similar situation here with the religion thing. but i personally see nothing wrong with it.

method
11-22-2004, 09:05 PM
no, discriminating people based on their sex, creed, etc is totally A-OK.

:nut:

finboy
11-22-2004, 09:18 PM
i could care less what people are doing behind closed doors :dunno:

DJ Lazy
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i could care less what people are doing behind closed doors :dunno:

:werd:

Carfanman
11-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Dont make it public and dont march about it and I could care less.

suranga
11-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I have no problem with two consenting adults falling in love.

buh_buh
11-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i could care less what people are doing behind closed doors :dunno: so why don't you?
I think you meant couldn't care less.

Zero102
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
^^^
LOL.

Anyhoo, it's their lives. As long as they don't come up and rub my nose in it all the time, I'm totally fine with it. It's these gay pride parades and stuff that piss me off. We don't have fuckin straight pride parades.

jaysas_63
11-22-2004, 10:25 PM
this is really intersting.....about 50% of the votes say that homesexuatlity is wrong, yet not one post backin it up.......neways, i consider myslef to be a mild homophop....i.e i won't have a gay best friend, but i would talk to a gay guy, and shake his hand, but i am a huge advocate of gay rights like it really pisses me off to see ppl telling gay couples not too marry etc.. its their right they are human too

D'z Nutz
11-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Nothing wrong with homosexuals....

If they're both attractive females :D

Skyline_Addict
11-22-2004, 11:11 PM
i'm indifferent.
if they mind their own business and i mind my own, why should I even care what they do?

SteveMo600
11-22-2004, 11:12 PM
HAHA...I'm with him

djfob
11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
It's funny how everyone that has posted in this thread believes it's ok but the poll as of right now are even at 30 for and against. By the way I don't see a big deal.

DuPont
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
It's these gay pride parades and stuff that piss me off. We don't have fuckin straight pride parades.
Exactly!

I consider myself pretty tolerant, and open-minded, but just the thought of 2 dudes gettin' it on......I just puked a little in my mouth.

but a behind closed doors"GirlsGoneWild" video... :poosie::thumbsup:
p.s Thankyou BigShow.

Shaolin
11-22-2004, 11:42 PM
i don't mind gays, but like most say.. the whole deal with flaunting the gayness isn't right.. there's nothing to prove..

pixil9
11-22-2004, 11:46 PM
I can handle any gay guy if they do three things
A. Talk fucking normal not like a fucking fruit
B. Don't hit on me
C. Don't ever say a guy is hot in front of me

chunger_11
11-22-2004, 11:47 PM
As long as they dont mack on me im fine with it:rolleyes:

EK 2.0
11-22-2004, 11:47 PM
I have no qualms with it...as long as it aint all up in ma face you hurrd me...

I mean its a sad double standard, but as guys we would love to see two attractive girls going at it, throw in a lesser attractive girl with a hawttie and it's still semi-kosher...

but have 2 males...and it's :barf: city...and I for one, have a couple of gay friends...believe it or not one of them works in a fudge store in Banff...yes ladies and gents...hes a fudgepacker:D ...he's a great guy, and so have his "bf's" been...

so yeah I say...

play on playa...and playettes...

civicrider
11-22-2004, 11:55 PM
dont bother me, the only people id be worried for is the queer bait, and from these posts seems like theres a couple on here who sound like they get hit on often:rofl:

GTS Jeff
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
this is really intersting.....about 50% of the votes say that homesexuatlity is wrong, yet not one post backin it up.......

Originally posted by djfob
It's funny how everyone that has posted in this thread believes it's ok but the poll as of right now are even at 30 for and against.

awesome observation guys. that is exactly why i created this thread. this just goes to show that ignorant and backwards people dont know how to back up their beliefs.

kanjus_paki
11-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by method
no, discriminating people based on their sex, creed, etc is totally A-OK.

k gayness is ok but thats also a stretch, however never could i agree with gay marriages, common law or benfits (for couples) who are gay ....could write a while essay about this but ill leave it right there

PH1PH1
11-23-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Dont make it public and dont march about it and I could care less.

EK 2.0
11-23-2004, 01:03 AM
hey...how come Masterson10 hasn't responded...Masterson is a flaming 10 (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=821035#post821035)

Team_Mclaren
11-23-2004, 01:57 AM
i have noth against gay people. but on the side note i strongly believe the term "marriage" is mean ONLY to a man and woman. so same sex marriage is not possible. i could careless if they want to make up their own word and paper for it... that shit offence me and my religion a lot.

djfob
11-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
i have noth against gay people. but on the side note i strongly believe the term "marriage" is mean ONLY to a man and woman. so same sex marriage is not possible. i could careless if they want to make up their own word and paper for it... that shit offence me and my religion a lot.

this is debatable and would go on for pages so I'll just leave it at that ;)

~Leah~
11-23-2004, 02:12 AM
One of my best friends from back home is gay and I absolutely love him and his boyfriend and their gay friends. Of course, being a girl, of course I would!! They're one of the girls! haha

But seriously, I think it's fine. It's your sexuality. You don't have control over it. And it's part of who you are, which is great. As for gay parades... WHO CARES!!! Let them have their day. Every other day of the year is a heterosexual parade. It's just one day. You don't like it? Turn away. They have to deal with us heterosexuals every other day of the year. It's only fair.

For them to preech it upon someone is not acceptable. However, gay marriage is something I am totally for. It just became legal in Saskatchewan a week or 2 ago and I'm soooo happy that my best friend can get married some day now. I could be a "groomswoman?" lol ... Whether it's to a man and a woman/man and man/woman and woman... marriage is marriage.. it's about loving and cherishing and sharing with that other person the rest of your life. Kudo's to them!

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 02:37 AM
what you do in your bedroom has nothing to with me (unless you are a attractive female) but I sure as hell don't want a gay person hanging out around my kids. I"m not gona treat a gay person differently just cause they are gay (although i would treat the token 'gay' guy differently) and since being gay isn't natural, I voted that I don't like gay people :)

mo_virgin
11-23-2004, 04:09 AM
This world is just blurring the lines on everything, right and wrong is all about perscpective to most people. Being gay is wrong period. There is no exception.

EDIT: I am proud to be from a province that will not legalize gay marriage anytime soon.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
This world is just blurring the lines on everything, right and wrong is all about perscpective to most people. Being gay is wrong period. There is no exception.

EDIT: I am proud to be from a province that will not legalize gay marriage anytime soon.

sputnik
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
If you call yourself a Christian you will agree that homosexuality is a sin. Since God intended that sex be reserved for married men and women.

Now, that being said. Being a Christian also means that you consider lying, cheating, stealing, murder and adultery to also be sins as well.

The problem that I have is Christians that think that homosexuals are evil people and somehow less than they think they are. So as a result you get extremists holding up signs says "GOD GAVE GAYS AIDS" and "GOD LIKES KILLING GAYS". This is also wrong because slander and hate towards another human is also a sin. So then what is the Christian stance supposed to be?

Personally, this is how I piece it together.

- Homosexual sex is a sin. Sorry. However I also believe that sex with multiple partners is also a sin.

- Homosexuals deserve the same respect as any other individual human would expect. (i.e. Right to vote, health care, schooling, speech etc)

- Marriage in the true sense of the word should be reserved for a man and woman. The reason I say this is not what many would think. Personally I fear that if marriage was allowed between 2 men or 2 women that churches would be accused of breaking the law if they refused to marry them. If 2 men or 2 women want to be recognized for taxation and legal purposes. I could really care less.

- Many Christians throw up the "you CANT be born that way" arguement. However I believe that there are people born with homosexual tendencies and will lean more homosexual than heterosexual. My brother in laws boss is gay, however as a Christian he has chosen to live a single and celebate lifestyle. I feel sorry for him because he is lonely, however he understands that a sexual relationship with a man is sin, and therefore refrains.

- Personally I believe that children are best brought up in a family with a man and a woman. Now before anyone says anything, let me clarify. There ARE bad familys that are a man and a woman, and I know that there are very loving gay families. What I am saying is the BEST option is a loving family with a father and a mother.

- I have a problem with the whole "gay rights" movement. Gays have all of the rights that anyone else has with the exception of marriage which is a pretty nebulous "right" to begin with. Personally gays want the same recognition as common law couples. Thats fine with me.

- Gay parades are personally rather offensive to me. Why is the only way to celebrate being gay is to parade around wearing next to nothing and showing the world how sexually active you are? Personally I find it rather gross and unnecessary. Sex should be kept to the bedroom... or at least in your glass house with the blinds drawn.

- Christian protest and activism irritates me. Dont protest at gay parades or other gay activism. Do not send around petitions that try to discredit homosexuals. The Christian faith is not the centre of the universe and it must be accepted that the faith will not be recognized as the "moral right". By protesting, petitioning and picketting we are putting ourselves on the "extremist soapbox" and are viewed as people with a "holier than thou" attitude. Just as you wouldnt scream, slander and punch someone so they can see and accept your viewpoint. Dont do the same with homosexuals. If you want to share the Christian faith do it in love and compassion.

- Gay priests and clergy. Personally, I think that if you are an active homosexual you shouldnt lead a church. It would be like a pastor that goes around and has sexual relationships with multiple women. As a Christian we should be at least attempting to live without sinning (even though it is COMPLETELY impossible) and the pastors should be an example. I am not saying they are to be perfect. They should actually be just a NORMAL person, someone who has the same struggles as others but makes the effort to change and feels the same regret as anyone else would when they sin. This ideal is impossible if the clergy is a practicing homosexual as it would be perceived that they believe that homosexual sin is fine. If that is the case, how could they ever say that ANYTHING is sin then?

- The Christian view of a homosexual should be the same as anyone else. We are all imperfect people with our own struggles and temptations. A homosexual to a Christian is just someone who deals with sexual sin. Imperfect like a woman who sleeps around on her husband, a married man who has hit on other women at a bar, a CEO who cheats on his taxes, a teenager who drives home drunk every so often or a student who cheats on a test. As Christians we are all imperfect people seeking the face of God and living under His grace.

Who are we to judge?

I am sure there are others that I just cant think of. However this is a slippery slope. I chose not to get into the "science" of it all because the "right and wrong" arguement usually stems from a religious base. Hopefully I have demonstrated that while I believe homosexuality is wrong I do not hate homosexuals nor do I think that they are less of a person than anyone else. In reality, we are all pretty evil people that deserve nothing.

Thank God He doesnt think that way.

GTS Jeff. Could we change the answers in the poll to "Yes" and "No"? The "Yes" vote is clearly skewed.

statick
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
^:werd: , its pretty stupid when someone goes aorudn saying homosexuality is wrong, when they commit adultery and such manner of things.

ex1z7
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Its a weird mix of feelings sometimes. I have gay guy, and girl friends - Niether bother me any. I can hug them both and not feel weird - as I can with other friends. I'm cool with whatever you wanna do, and if you want to kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend in public - go ahead, but I think it's rude. I think couples kissing and such in public is wrong, its something personal that should be done privately.

Bringing a child up in a gay home, i.e. adopting etc. - theres nothing wrong with that if you're open enough to pretty much not care. I was raised more or less to be straight, it was never strictly enforced like "Only look at girls, if you touch a boy I'll kill you! After I disown and beat you!" and was also raised with the understanding that some shit is your own business, I would feel uncomfortable kissing my girlfriend the way I do when we're alone infront of family. I just think everyone should have some discretion - gay, straight, lesbian, whatever.

To sort've go back to my second paragraph, I got off track.. Raising a child in a gay home I think is sort've innaproriate because at a young age you think thats normal, kissing other boys, and in this day and age it's still not considered normal. So that just gets you in shit. Then again, in my oppinion theres nothing wrong with being gay and kids will make their own decisions, it's pretty much instinct to go for the opposite sex, it takes some messin' around with your head for a bit to find yourself to be attracted to other things.

If someone gay is macking on me I say I'm straight, it's not difficult - and you just repeat that if they make some moves on trying to seduce you or something, the same goes for anyone you aren't interested in...

I think people discriminate due to misunderstandings.. The religion / race / sexuality is all the same. It's wrong thus for if you agree - you're wrong too.

I think that's all pretty neutral and correct sounding...It is afterall 5 in the morning so it might be a little delusional..

googe
11-23-2004, 12:58 PM
First off I dont agree with homosexuality.

I also find people that flaunt their homosexuality quite annoying. sputnik made a good point. Prancing around in a man thong and talking feminine on a float at a parade isnt really necessary. Just go about your business like straight people do. You dont see straight people starting parades and carrying signs that say "I HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN!"

That being said, I do believe they should be able to do what they want, including get married. This is because the thought of a state that has the authority to say what we do with our own bodies (as long as it doesnt infringe on others) creeps me out. I believe in freedom.

method
11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
people in gay pride parades do not represent the majority of homosexuals. sorry, but there's a lot more homos out there than some of you would care to think.

I think the gay pride parade thing is stupid... but if you're gonna tell them to fuck off, you have to tell any sort of 'womens pride' or 'irish pride' or blah blah blah to fuck off too.

with regards to making homosexual marriage illegal, jon stewart said it the best on his show...

if banning gay marriage is about trying to protect the sanctity of marriage, then why not make adultery illegal? or divorce illegal?

the fact remains that christian politics are a scourge on democracy.

Weapon_R
11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Marriages must forever remain between a man and a woman. I think homosexuality is very very wrong, and thats my belief. There, chalk one up for the less represented side.

finboy
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
if banning gay marriage is about trying to protect the sanctity of marriage, then why not make adultery illegal? or divorce illegal?
or watch chris rock, never scared :rofl:

Team_Mclaren
11-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Marriages must forever remain between a man and a woman.

:werd: as long as they dont affect other people's normal life, i can careless of what they do. It is their choice to do whatever they would like, but to me, homosexual is wrong. but i dont have anything AGAINST them.

liquid1010
11-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Marriages must forever remain between a man and a woman. I think homosexuality is very very wrong, and thats my belief. There, chalk one up for the less represented side.

Make that two.

Carfanman
11-23-2004, 04:44 PM
I think sputnik put it best.

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 05:04 PM
hahaha, looks like this thread has changed alittle bit since i posted :confused:

GTS Jeff
11-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
GTS Jeff. Could we change the answers in the poll to "Yes" and "No"? The "Yes" vote is clearly skewed.

wow, sputnik, i am truly impressed. uve presented a christian viewpoint that i think most ppl are unaware of. :thumbsup:

anyway, i cant change the poll, but i dont think it matters. when u take the time to read it, its still a YES or NO vote that is quite clear cut and easy to choose between.

Originally posted by googe
First off I dont agree with homosexuality.

I also find people that flaunt their homosexuality quite annoying. sputnik made a good point. Prancing around in a man thong and talking feminine on a float at a parade isnt really necessary. Just go about your business like straight people do. You dont see straight people starting parades and carrying signs that say "I HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN!"

That being said, I do believe they should be able to do what they want, including get married. This is because the thought of a state that has the authority to say what we do with our own bodies (as long as it doesnt infringe on others) creeps me out. I believe in freedom.

awesome. my next thread will be more specific towards gay rights and less so on the issue of gayness.

Originally posted by mo_virgin

why is it wrong? can u back up what you say with reason?

can you also explain the reasoning behind your beliefs? people can be open to new beliefs when they understand them.

Originally posted by liquid1010

Make that two.

same for you. i could chant "gay is the way, gay is the way, gay is the way" and it wouldnt mean a thing at all unless i said why...

GTS Jeff
11-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby
hahaha, looks like this thread has changed alittle bit since i posted :confused: looks like you still havent learned the skill of constructive post making even after being banned an uncountable number of times :confused:

hockeybronx
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey Playa...

My views, faith, and beliefs are against homosexuality.

However I'm not about to go out of my way to "gay-bash". There are always going to be there, as long as we don't cross paths or get in each others ways I will be fine.

Singel
11-23-2004, 10:50 PM

I think the gay pride parade thing is stupid... but if you're gonna tell them to fuck off, you have to tell any sort of 'womens pride' or 'irish pride' or blah blah blah to fuck off too.

the fact remains that christian politics are a scourge on democracy.

Women's Pride can fuck off! But St. Patrick's day is always a good time for everyone!

Some Christians make me ashamed to be among them. I think they need to choose between the "tolerance" they're often preaching and the "intolerance" some of them scream. It seems to me most of the screamers ar old-timers who are set in there ways. Although it certainly seems like there are still many young people who share those views, over time it will continue to change. 50 years ago this poll would have been 99% It's wrong, it's only a matter of time before it becomes as socially acceptable to be gay as to be black. Just because everyone believes it doesn't necessarily make it right or wrong (Slavery a couple hundred years ago) And I think basing any sort of moral arguments on the "norm" in society is fairly weak.

Personally, I don't follow the bible to the word, because even it contains several contradictions. It was written thousands of years ago...and we don't really know exactly who wrote it. Jesus didn't sit down and pound out a 2000 page novel, so I'm not gonna follow it to a T. The bible (which Christian screaming complainers love to fall back on) hasn't really changed much recently, but it seems to me the world has.

I try to follow more/less the tolerance side of things...but Women's Rights can still fuck off :D

A_3
11-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I believe there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. Two adults made a conscious decision to be together we have no right to take that from them. As for the flaunting of that choice of lifestyle, i'm not the greatest fan and I don't believe it's the best way to go about becoming accepted in a society. I also believe that a small minority ruins it for the rest homosexual people by doing just that. People do not want to be pressured into a conclusion they need to feel comfortable in there decisions. It is great that gay people are proud but shows like "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" almost mock these peoples beliefs and values. The shows focus on the extreme's of the lifestyle, which of course is going to make people uncomfortable. As time passes gay's and lesbians will gain more acceptance in our culture as is already evident in the last fifty years or so. Hopefully one day we will not think twice about a persons sexual orientation, or skin color, or religion. Will gay marriage ever be an accepted act from a government standpoint? Hard to say, the church and state need to separate alot more before that can happen (especially in America where it could be argued the last election was won from a Religious platform).

liquid1010
11-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Singel

Women's Pride can fuck off! But St. Patrick's day is always a good time for everyone!

Some Christians make me ashamed to be among them.

Personally, I don't follow the bible to the word, because even it contains several contradictions. It was written thousands of years ago...and we don't really know exactly who wrote it. Jesus didn't sit down and pound out a 2000 page novel, so I'm not gonna follow it to a T. The bible (which Christian screaming complainers love to fall back on) hasn't really changed much recently, but it seems to me the world has.

Not to digress to far... but huh? You're a Christian, yet you have no problem swearing? Also, I'd love to hear about these contradictions... even if it is in a new thread.

hockeybronx
11-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Not to digress to far... but huh? You're a Christian, yet you have no problem swearing? Also, I'd love to hear about these contradictions... even if it is in a new thread.

Hey Playa...

First off let me define what being a christian is: "Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ".

Second, you have no idea who he is, so how can you doubt if he is a Christian or not. The bible does not say "thou shall not swear". It says do not use language that is not acceptable to society, in a society such as Beyond I really don't think swearing is that big of a deal.

I really think people who pick and poke at others because they swear, are extremely shallow. What you did is in my opinion a superficial way of one person trying to expose another person, in order to disguise their own faults.

hjr
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
not that you seem to care, but when you say hey playa, you sound like a douche bag. jesus doesnt like douche bags. why would you want to sound like something jesus doesnt like?

liquid1010
11-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Hey Playa...

First off let me define what being a christian is: "Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ".

Second, you have no idea who he is, so how can you doubt if he is a Christian or not. The bible does not say "thou shall not swear". It says do not use language that is not acceptable to society, in a society such as Beyond I really don't think swearing is that big of a deal.

I really think people who pick and poke at others because they swear, are extremely shallow. What you did is in my opinion a superficial way of one person trying to expose another person, in order to disguise their own faults.

Check PM HB, since I dont want to drag this out in this thread... which would be off-topic.

hockeybronx
11-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by hjr
not that you seem to care, but when you say hey playa, you sound like a douche bag. jesus doesnt like douche bags. why would you want to sound like something jesus doesnt like?

Hey Playa...

Your words have so much wisdom behind them. You must put so much thought into each post you submit.:rolleyes:

hockeybronx
11-24-2004, 01:47 AM

Check PM HB, since I dont want to drag this out in this thread... which would be off-topic.

Hey Playa...

Haven't got a PM yet?

googe
11-24-2004, 01:59 AM

Hey Playa...

Speaking of what is accepted on beyond...

You realize it irritates everyone when you start every single post with hey playa, and they keep making fun of you for it, so why do you persist?

WhiteNikes
11-24-2004, 02:23 AM
I'mma hafta say that Sputnik ran it pretty good. It ain't no betta than stealin', but you ain't see them ran outta church. Ain't no better than kids that be sleepin' round, but you ain't see them run outta church. I ain't 'bout t' say it's the way t' go. But erry body gotta make theys own decisions. I know I got some people ain't like but live with. Jus' like some female I ain't want, if you ain't try t' git wit me, we ain't gonna have no prollems.

vegas2005baby
11-24-2004, 03:08 AM

You realize it irritates everyone when you start every single post with hey playa, and they keep making fun of you for it, so why do you persist?

no shit, that little kyke deserves a kick in the teeth, hes taking the attention grabbing thing too far.

mo_virgin
11-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Singel

Thats dangerous thinking for a Christian, the Bible is the word of God and transends time. If what you beleive in can constanly change cause of the times... why is it worth beleiving in? The bible i know is the rock of ages, not something to be dissmissed and for Christians to pick and choose from

sputnik
11-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Can we please try to keep this on topic. There are other "religion threads" available for topics that arent regarding homosexuality.

googe
11-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby

no shit, that little kyke deserves a kick in the teeth, hes taking the attention grabbing thing too far.

Look whos talking :rolleyes:

iceburns288
11-24-2004, 08:20 AM

Wow just because it annoys people doesn't mean he can't do it jeez... I may think 'x_person' is annoying but I'm not going to get him banned because I don't like him. It doesn't matter if he gets made fun of for it, he keeps doing that and I actually respect that because he doesn't quit just because he gets made fun of.:thumbsdow

finboy
11-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Wow just because it annoys people doesn't mean he can't do it jeez... I may think 'x_person' is annoying but I'm not going to get him banned because I don't like him. It doesn't matter if he gets made fun of for it, he keeps doing that and I actually respect that because he doesn't quit just because he gets made fun of.:thumbsdow

dude, you don't know the past so i wouldn't speak on it if i were you. to catch you up, hockeybronx does EVERY possible thing to annoy people on beyond which to him translates to being different, even though he's just acting like an immature 16 y/o. poin in case...
-threatened to fight people
-kept quoting eminim NON stop
-compared himself to jesus
-started bashing the flames and their fans as soon as we lost the cup

and many more. normally if a user did just one of these things it would be a different opinion and that would be fine, but the fact that he keeps doing things like this over and over so the world will hate him shows exactly what kind of person he is.

now back on topic. :thumbsup:

DSMer4Life
11-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Well fahq, you even have this lurker posting.:D

I voted no, it's not wrong. My agrument? Well, who is it wrong to? Society? So, if a human being is born with an attraction for the same sex, are they born wrong? You kill one person, you're a murderer. You kill thousands and you're a conqueror. I guess it's wrong in someone's opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion.

I have nothing against gay marriage either. Two people who love each other, live together, raise kids (adopted, or otherwise), pay taxes, etc. should be allowed to get "married" in society. Marriage being reserved as a union between a man and a woman is only some definition that someone else made up. I'm also a firm believer that religion and politics should be two separate entities.

BTW, I'm a Catholic (not a very faithfully practising one though), east Indian (but white on the inside, aka coconut, only english speaking, born in Montreal, aka frog), heterosexual guy. I've got issues!:tongue:

hockeybronx
11-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes
It ain't no betta than stealin', but you ain't see them ran outta church. Ain't no better than kids that be sleepin' round, but you ain't see them run outta church.

Hey Playa...

In 19 months of being a Christian I have never seen anybody get "run out of the church" for any reason.

You have to realize that Christianity isn't just some 'building' everybody goes to, you go there to learn in different ways. Christianity revolves around your relationship with Jesus Christ.

A sermon at church will only relay what is in the bible. The bible says stealing is wrong, the bible says sleeping around is wrong, and the bible says homosexuality is wrong.

It pisses me off when all these people think you are only a Christian when you are in a building called a church.

IT'S CHRISTIANITY NOT CHURCHIANITY! Your primary relationship is with Jesus Christ, the church body comes after that.

Carfanman
11-24-2004, 03:39 PM
hockeybronx, seriously, why do you always say "hey playa...."?

finboy
11-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
hockeybronx, seriously, why do you always say "hey playa...."?

read my above post :thumbsup:

AcuraTl
11-24-2004, 06:09 PM

Hey Playa...

In 19 months of being a Christian I have never seen anybody get "run out of the church" for any reason.

You have to realize that Christianity isn't just some 'building' everybody goes to, you go there to learn in different ways. Christianity revolves around your relationship with Jesus Christ.

A sermon at church will only relay what is in the bible. The bible says stealing is wrong, the bible says sleeping around is wrong, and the bible says homosexuality is wrong.

It pisses me off when all these people think you are only a Christian when you are in a building called a church.

IT'S CHRISTIANITY NOT CHURCHIANITY! Your primary relationship is with Jesus Christ, the church body comes after that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay15.jpg

FiveFreshFish
11-24-2004, 06:27 PM
People who leave Christianity usually drift away and you see less and less of them at church, if at all. Nobody storms out of the church in a big huff screaming "Christianity sucks!"

Off Topic: Why is "Hey Playa..." so annoying to all those calling it out? How is it different from someone's signature or avatar that you see all the time, except you see it at the beginning of hockeybronx's posts? It doesn't bug me, and I have all signatures hidden from view.

Wildcat
11-24-2004, 07:36 PM
"Hey Playa" is almost as annoying as Redlyne_MR2's italics :rofl: jk

and to add to the conversation, gays on TV are NOT the same as gays in real life (for the most part) i have a gay cousin and he fucking hates _________ (queer eye for the straight guy/ clay atkien/ gay pride activists/ will &grace /male hairdressers, etc.) He has friends who have introduced him to the typical flaming homos and he seriously just wants to kick the shit out of them every time they say two words.

but seriously tho, hockeybronx is so fucking ghey.

2.0turbo
11-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Being a homo is unnatural and wrong.

Toma
11-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Well... I dunno about "wrong", but...

It's important to realize there are 2 distinct types of homosexuality.

One is societal. Society's norms can incfluence humans into doing all sorts of "strange" things. Some societies or "tribes" believe cannibalism is acceptable, so a lot of them do it.

Is it wrong? Depends on YOUR soceities norms. In our soceity, this kinds of "homosexuality" is gorwing (actually more like omnisexuality with this type), DESPITE the dangers, and disease due to the defeating of the female regulation of sex.

Then of course there is genetic abnormality. If one percent of the population was born with one finger missing, or whatever, or a midget etc.... science would try and treat it. But you get 1% born "gay" (where they clearly prefer on sex over another - true homosexuality), they do not "treat it. "Treating it" is considered politically incorrect. When the region of the brain responsible for this type of homsexuality was identified in the early 90's, there was a huge uproar, the scientists in question were threatened etc...

AIDS among women is growing at an alarming rate, and it is BECAUSE of the fuckanything sexuals in the first instance.

Say you had a "male like" sex drive, as did everyone else. How many sexual partners would you have?? The AVERAGE GAY MALE has 300 partners in a lifetime.

What's wrong with that? Well when they pass their aids to straight women, and I get it.... THAT's WHATS WRONG.

God, Budha, Nature, whatever, put the female on the planet to regulate sex, and why the average STRAIGHT male or female only have about 6 to 10 partners in a lifetime. Clearly, STD's make having 300 partners dangerous.

So, I dont care what some gay dude does to another gay dude. If the gay dude sticks his dick in a straight chick cause he was drunk, lonely, his feelings were hurt etc... then he should have his dick cut off and shoved up his own ass.

buh_buh
11-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Toma
God, Budha, Nature, whatever, put the female on the planet to regulate sex So they truly ARE cockblocks!:thumbsdow

hjr
11-24-2004, 09:42 PM

Is it wrong? Depends on YOUR soceities norms. In our soceity, this kinds of "homosexuality" is gorwing (actually more like omnisexuality with this type), DESPITE the dangers, and disease due to the defeating of the female regulation of sex.

Then of course there is genetic abnormality. If one percent of the population was born with one finger missing, or whatever, or a midget etc.... science would try and treat it. But you get 1% born "gay" (where they clearly prefer on sex over another - true homosexuality), they do not "treat it. "Treating it" is considered politically incorrect. When the region of the brain responsible for this type of homsexuality was identified in the early 90's, there was a huge uproar, the scientists in question were threatened etc...

AIDS among women is growing at an alarming rate, and it is BECAUSE of the fuckanything sexuals in the first instance.

Say you had a "male like" sex drive, as did everyone else. How many sexual partners would you have?? The AVERAGE GAY MALE has 300 partners in a lifetime.

What's wrong with that? Well when they pass their aids to straight women, and I get it.... THAT's WHATS WRONG.

God, Budha, Nature, whatever, put the female on the planet to regulate sex, and why the average STRAIGHT male or female only have about 6 to 10 partners in a lifetime. Clearly, STD's make having 300 partners dangerous.

So, I dont care what some gay dude does to another gay dude. If the gay dude sticks his dick in a straight chick cause he was drunk, lonely, his feelings were hurt etc... then he should have his dick cut off and shoved up his own ass. so do you have any proof that most gay men are actually just uber horny dudes that will fuck anything and constantly give aids to strait women?

also, of the tens of millions of people with aids, a very small minority are gay.

Hakkola
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
telling gay couples not too marry etc.. its their right they are human too

Marriage is viewed as a religious thing, that's why it's wrong. A homosexual couple getting married would be like me having sex with my neighbours wife in the name of Jesus.

I have nothing against homosexuals, I've had one as a friend and I'll soon have a gay co-worker. However if a homosexual person wants to get married I'm against it, especially if it occurs in a church. Give it another name and don't have any christian or any other religious terminology used in conjuction with it and it's fine with me.

I agree, homosexuality is a sin, but so are a lot of other things, I won't hate on anybody for any reason. I can handle gay people, but I honestly can't stand flamboyantly gay people, it's annoying.
Off topic but, how come most gay guys have a gay voice but lesbians don't have a lesbian voice?

Redlyne_mr2
11-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Gay people should have no rights whatsoever theyre dirty disgusting losers. So glad I live in Alberta where we dont allow shit like that

hockeybronx
11-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
People who leave Christianity usually drift away and you see less and less of them at church, if at all. Nobody storms out of the church in a big huff screaming "Christianity sucks!"

Hey Playa...

Okay that's fair. I took it in the context that 'WhiteNikes' meant "ran out" as in "kicked out". To clear that up I agree with you they do usually quietly part... but I have also never seen anybody get "kicked out" of church.

Wildcat
11-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Gay people should have no rights whatsoever theyre dirty disgusting losers. So glad I live in Alberta where we dont allow shit like that

i thought you lived in ontario?

on another note i think its ok for gay couples to get legally married, but not in the catholic/christian church. and by no means whatsoever should a gay couple be allowed to adopt kids. EVER.

kanjus_paki
11-25-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Toma
11-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by hjr
so do you have any proof that most gay men are actually just uber horny dudes that will fuck anything and constantly give aids to strait women?

also, of the tens of millions of people with aids, a very small minority are gay.
YES!

According to th CDC in the US, from 1983 to 1999 the percentage of all Aids cases that were among women has grown from 6% to 23%!!! That is FUCKIN SCARY.
the proportion of Aids cases among men who have sex with other men was 65%!!!

Read that again. At the "start" of the epedemic, 65% were GAY men. 29% were DRUG users.

So, at the beggining, AIDS WAS PREDOMINANTLY a GAY MANS disease.

TODAY, the proportion of Aids cases among gay men has dropped to 42% although the number of aids cases remains constant in the US.

What does that mean?? It appears that Aids has spread from the GAY man, and hence proportions of WOMEN AND CHILDREN with the disease has gone up, while drug users have remained about the same.

ONLY 13% of current Aids cases in males is attributed to hetersexual contact however,!!

Sooo, check it out, the one percent of the population that is GAY, accounts for 42% of the current aids cases, and the 99% that is straight accounts for only 13% of the Aids cases (for STD transmission).

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??

ALL DATA AVAILABLE from the CDC.

Also, about the 300 sexual partners thing among gay males....

That is a tough one since this sort of research is REALLY politically incorrect these days no matter how delicately it is done....

While at the U, I read several older studies that peg gay/bisexual male sexual partners at anywhere from 50 to 300, while the "straight" ones were anywhere from 6 to 13. It is interesting tha the dat from the 80's showed the 300 partners thing, while the studies from the nineties was in sub 100 range...

Personal experience while working the nightclubs with quite a few gay males, makes me believe the bigger number.

Toma
11-25-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by hjr

So yeah..... I guess this statement is completely unfounded!

re-read above if you need help understanding.

RickDaTuner
11-25-2004, 07:51 AM

The bible does not say "thou shall not swear". It says do not use language that is not acceptable to society, in a society such as Beyond I really don't think swearing is that big of a deal.

Actually Playa the Bible does say that we shouldnt swear it says so in Colossians 3:8(sp)

anyway going back to sputniks reference to christianity nit being the center of the universe, well the very first page in the Bible makes a pretty bold statement that In the begining God created the Heavens and the earth, so regrardless of weather or not the faith is not the center of the universe, we can be sure that it is trully centrall Faith for this Earth, i make reference to that because if we were created by God we are surely bounded by his rules, that being said homosexuality is wrong. proof that we should not tolorate it or support it comes form the Historic event that ocurred in Sodom and Gomora.

Cliff notes of that event are. god sent angels to remove a familly from a town that was to be destroyed because of thier sexual deviance, it was so bad that one of the men, demanded to have sex with a male angel, anyway the familly left and God destroyed that town/city with fire and brimestone.

no some of you think that the bible is nothing more than a story book, but the truth is that moany of the events that took place in the bible, have actually historic documents that give truth to what the bible says.

Jesus also while he was on earth, made over 1 thousand predictions of actuall events that took place, now i cant remember the numbers but scientist, decided that they wanted to see how factuall this was. they came to the conclusion that it would be matematically imposible to make that many predictions in the 30 some years that Jesus was alive and be correct in every single one of them.

the point that im getting to is that God created us, he gave us exsistence, life, pourpose. and he provided us with a beautifull partner to share our lives with, who in thier right mind would turn down a life of companionship with a woman? being a man of course.

wanna take a look at it from a worldy point of view?

the act of sex, (wich is what most homosexuality is based on) sole pourpose is for procreation, it feels good beacause the enjoyment is intended to make you want to do it over and over again so as to fufuill its pourpose, in recent time though with the invention of contraceptives we can take the plesure with out the consequence, this has in awya perverted the mind of man making them beleive that intercourse has no pourpose and is soley out there for pleasure. one fo you made a comment about it becoming socially aceptable in the future. I fear that day, for when it comes its is a sure sign of the end of human exsistance, why? because a man and a man cannot procreate, a woman and a woman cannot either, although once agian advances in medical sciences allow for atrifficial child bearing but by allowing this we are breaking down the very fabric of human relationships, the way of life that has been held by every faith religion, cult or belief is being thrown out the window.

some might argue that this is evolution taking its place in time, but since begining of time man has been man and a woman has been a woman, we did not comes from monkeys, we were created in the image that you see today, so really eveolution is a perversity of the human mind that denys the existance of thier God

sputnik
11-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Actually Playa the Bible does say that we shouldnt swear it says so in Colossians 3:8(sp)

anyway going back to sputniks reference to christianity nit being the center of the universe, well the very first page in the Bible makes a pretty bold statement that In the begining God created the Heavens and the earth, so regrardless of weather or not the faith is not the center of the universe, we can be sure that it is trully centrall Faith for this Earth, i make reference to that because if we were created by God we are surely bounded by his rules, that being said homosexuality is wrong. proof that we should not tolorate it or support it comes form the Historic event that ocurred in Sodom and Gomora.

Cliff notes of that event are. god sent angels to remove a familly from a town that was to be destroyed because of thier sexual deviance, it was so bad that one of the men, demanded to have sex with a male angel, anyway the familly left and God destroyed that town/city with fire and brimestone.

no some of you think that the bible is nothing more than a story book, but the truth is that moany of the events that took place in the bible, have actually historic documents that give truth to what the bible says.

Jesus also while he was on earth, made over 1 thousand predictions of actuall events that took place, now i cant remember the numbers but scientist, decided that they wanted to see how factuall this was. they came to the conclusion that it would be matematically imposible to make that many predictions in the 30 some years that Jesus was alive and be correct in every single one of them.

the point that im getting to is that God created us, he gave us exsistence, life, pourpose. and he provided us with a beautifull partner to share our lives with, who in thier right mind would turn down a life of companionship with a woman? being a man of course.

wanna take a look at it from a worldy point of view?

the act of sex, (wich is what most homosexuality is based on) sole pourpose is for procreation, it feels good beacause the enjoyment is intended to make you want to do it over and over again so as to fufuill its pourpose, in recent time though with the invention of contraceptives we can take the plesure with out the consequence, this has in awya perverted the mind of man making them beleive that intercourse has no pourpose and is soley out there for pleasure. one fo you made a comment about it becoming socially aceptable in the future. I fear that day, for when it comes its is a sure sign of the end of human exsistance, why? because a man and a man cannot procreate, a woman and a woman cannot either, although once agian advances in medical sciences allow for atrifficial child bearing but by allowing this we are breaking down the very fabric of human relationships, the way of life that has been held by every faith religion, cult or belief is being thrown out the window.

some might argue that this is evolution taking its place in time, but since begining of time man has been man and a woman has been a woman, we did not comes from monkeys, we were created in the image that you see today, so really eveolution is a perversity of the human mind that denys the existance of thier God

Centre of the universe.

I did not mean to say that God isnt the centre of my faith and that I dont believe that he created the universe. The expression "centre of the universe" was used to describe the very often arrogant "holier than thou" attitudes that many Christians wear on their sleeve. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to judge others and to condemn their actions with an attitude of hatred or self-righteousness.

In the example of Sodom and Gomorrah, it was God that ultimately destroyed the city. There wasnt an army of Jews that attacked and destroyed it in the name of purity. In fact Abraham bargained with God to save Sodom and Gomorrah. God was willing not to destroy the city if he could find 50 righteous people, but Abraham begged him not to destroy the city. God then said to Abraham that he would not destroy the city if he could find 10 believers. (Genesis 18)

It ended up just being Lot, his wife and 2 daughters that were told by God to leave and not look back at the destruction as they ran. Lot's wife looked back and became a pillar of salt for her disobedience. (Genesis 19)

I do believe that homosexual sex/lust is sin. However it is not our job to judge. Our job is to show the love that Jesus/God has for mankind and to show others that there is another way of life that is more rewarding and fulfilling.

I also dont believe for one moment that the SOLE purpose of sex is for pro-creation. God created sex for a man and wife to share and enjoy. It is supposed to be fun and fully enjoyed within the realms of marriage. It also serves a purpose in a method of having children. Pleasure and pro-creation are both of the reasons that God created sex and neither is more important than the other.

The world hasnt changed that much over time. There were people that believed and those that didnt believe. Man hasnt become better or worse over the past few thousand years. God knew this wouldnt change. Hence the reason the Bible is still as relevant now as it was then.

R-Audi
11-25-2004, 09:32 AM
I feel that if a lifestyle decsion is made unvoluntarily, (ie. what religion you are brought up in, sexuality etc) What right does anyone have to really 'hate' them based on that lifestyle? Who are we to judge someone. I do admit I dont like seeing large acts of public affection, but I dont want to see a straight couple do that either. While people are getting religious,

"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

I cant throw anything.......

vegas2005baby
11-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Discussion of the validity of homosexuals some how always gets eaten up by bible thumpers, I’m sorry guys, but god is just your imaginary friend

R-Audi
11-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Im by NO means a bible thumper, but it the quote does put things in perspective....
How can you judge other people if your not perfect yourself? (depending on the definition of perfect of course)

If people are not liking people because of their sexuality, you might as well not like them for their religion or skin color. Same shit!!

liquid1010
11-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I feel that if a lifestyle decsion is made unvoluntarily, (ie. what religion you are brought up in, sexuality etc) What right does anyone have to really 'hate' them based on that lifestyle? Who are we to judge someone. I do admit I dont like seeing large acts of public affection, but I dont want to see a straight couple do that either. While people are getting religious,

"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

I cant throw anything.......

I entirely disagree with your statement. To start off with, I don't think the environment plays as big a role as you think it does. I'm not Christian because my parents are, in fact one of them isn't. I know many people who are the exact opposite of the environment they grew up in. Sure the people around you influence you to a degree..... but that's about it. I don't hate Gay people at all, I just dont agree with their lifestyle. I think it's wrong, and should have nothing to do with marriage.

As for your quote on casting the first stone.... I think you've only taken half the point. That verse refers to not condemning people for what they have done. Since not one of us is faultless, none of us have the right to cast the first stone. With that said, we must also voice our opinions. "Teach and rebuke in love" is a pretty strong statement. It's all about your motives, and how you're going about it.

hjr
11-25-2004, 07:25 PM

YES!

According to th CDC in the US, from 1983 to 1999 the percentage of all Aids cases that were among women has grown from 6% to 23%!!! That is FUCKIN SCARY.
the proportion of Aids cases among men who have sex with other men was 65%!!!

Read that again. At the "start" of the epedemic, 65% were GAY men. 29% were DRUG users.

So, at the beggining, AIDS WAS PREDOMINANTLY a GAY MANS disease.

TODAY, the proportion of Aids cases among gay men has dropped to 42% although the number of aids cases remains constant in the US.

What does that mean?? It appears that Aids has spread from the GAY man, and hence proportions of WOMEN AND CHILDREN with the disease has gone up, while drug users have remained about the same.

ONLY 13% of current Aids cases in males is attributed to hetersexual contact however,!!

Sooo, check it out, the one percent of the population that is GAY, accounts for 42% of the current aids cases, and the 99% that is straight accounts for only 13% of the Aids cases (for STD transmission).

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??

ALL DATA AVAILABLE from the CDC.

Also, about the 300 sexual partners thing among gay males....

That is a tough one since this sort of research is REALLY politically incorrect these days no matter how delicately it is done....

While at the U, I read several older studies that peg gay/bisexual male sexual partners at anywhere from 50 to 300, while the "straight" ones were anywhere from 6 to 13. It is interesting tha the dat from the 80's showed the 300 partners thing, while the studies from the nineties was in sub 100 range...

Personal experience while working the nightclubs with quite a few gay males, makes me believe the bigger number.

So yeah..... I guess this statement is completely unfounded!

re-read above if you need help understanding.

toma, you are only looking at american statistics for 99... and thus you analysis is fundimentally flawed. in the US, gays are a minority at 43% (according to your study), though not a small one. By only looking at your stats you would seem to be right, but aids is far more a world issue than that.

On a global level, aids is a whole different animal. the majority of people with aids in africa are simply not gay. this means that even if everyone in america who had aids was gay, globally, they would still be a small minority. refer to the chart

2003:

hotleb403
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Nothing wrong with homosexuals....

If they're both attractive females :D

lol with you on that one BUT 2 guys for real thats wrong if they like each other do it somewhere else Bcuz when i see 2 guys kissin i just wanna hit the guys lol

Toma
11-27-2004, 01:39 AM
I dont live in Africa where the sex trade and ensalved prostitutes are the primary mode of transmission.

I live in North America, where the PRIMARY MODE OF TRANSMISSION IS STILL MAN TO MAN, BY FAR.

vegas2005baby
11-27-2004, 02:45 AM
yea im gona say that HJR arguement is flawed.

GTS Jeff
11-27-2004, 02:54 AM
I dont live in Africa where the sex trade and ensalved prostitutes are the primary mode of transmission.

I live in North America, where the PRIMARY MODE OF TRANSMISSION IS STILL MAN TO MAN, BY FAR. wow that is incredibly ignorant. just because its not in your backyard doesnt mean it isnt happening. :rolleyes:

or more likely, u arent an ignorant person, but ure just being forced into saying something ignorant cuz its the only thing u can say without backing down and saying "im wrong." come to think of it, i dont think ive ever seen u admit to being wrong on tons of controversial stuff that u post...

liquid1010
11-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Personally, this is how I piece it together.

- Homosexual sex is a sin. Sorry. However I also believe that sex with multiple partners is also a sin.

- Homosexuals deserve the same respect as any other individual human would expect. (i.e. Right to vote, health care, schooling, speech etc)

- Marriage in the true sense of the word should be reserved for a man and woman. The reason I say this is not what many would think. Personally I fear that if marriage was allowed between 2 men or 2 women that churches would be accused of breaking the law if they refused to marry them. If 2 men or 2 women want to be recognized for taxation and legal purposes. I could really care less.

- Many Christians throw up the "you CANT be born that way" arguement. However I believe that there are people born with homosexual tendencies and will lean more homosexual than heterosexual. My brother in laws boss is gay, however as a Christian he has chosen to live a single and celebate lifestyle. I feel sorry for him because he is lonely, however he understands that a sexual relationship with a man is sin, and therefore refrains.

- Personally I believe that children are best brought up in a family with a man and a woman. Now before anyone says anything, let me clarify. There ARE bad familys that are a man and a woman, and I know that there are very loving gay families. What I am saying is the BEST option is a loving family with a father and a mother.

- I have a problem with the whole "gay rights" movement. Gays have all of the rights that anyone else has with the exception of marriage which is a pretty nebulous "right" to begin with. Personally gays want the same recognition as common law couples. Thats fine with me.

- Gay parades are personally rather offensive to me. Why is the only way to celebrate being gay is to parade around wearing next to nothing and showing the world how sexually active you are? Personally I find it rather gross and unnecessary. Sex should be kept to the bedroom... or at least in your glass house with the blinds drawn.

- Christian protest and activism irritates me. Dont protest at gay parades or other gay activism. Do not send around petitions that try to discredit homosexuals. The Christian faith is not the centre of the universe and it must be accepted that the faith will not be recognized as the "moral right". By protesting, petitioning and picketting we are putting ourselves on the "extremist soapbox" and are viewed as people with a "holier than thou" attitude. Just as you wouldnt scream, slander and punch someone so they can see and accept your viewpoint. Dont do the same with homosexuals. If you want to share the Christian faith do it in love and compassion.

- Gay priests and clergy. Personally, I think that if you are an active homosexual you shouldnt lead a church. It would be like a pastor that goes around and has sexual relationships with multiple women. As a Christian we should be at least attempting to live without sinning (even though it is COMPLETELY impossible) and the pastors should be an example. I am not saying they are to be perfect. They should actually be just a NORMAL person, someone who has the same struggles as others but makes the effort to change and feels the same regret as anyone else would when they sin. This ideal is impossible if the clergy is a practicing homosexual as it would be perceived that they believe that homosexual sin is fine. If that is the case, how could they ever say that ANYTHING is sin then?

- The Christian view of a homosexual should be the same as anyone else. We are all imperfect people with our own struggles and temptations. A homosexual to a Christian is just someone who deals with sexual sin. Imperfect like a woman who sleeps around on her husband, a married man who has hit on other women at a bar, a CEO who cheats on his taxes, a teenager who drives home drunk every so often or a student who cheats on a test. As Christians we are all imperfect people seeking the face of God and living under His grace.

Awesome, awesome post. I agree with almost every point you made. I have an extended relative who is Gay, and although I strongly disagree with his lifestyle... he's a nice guy, and we get along fine. Love the sinner, hate the sin. :)

Toma
11-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wow that is incredibly ignorant. just because its not in your backyard doesnt mean it isnt happening. :rolleyes:

or more likely, u arent an ignorant person, but ure just being forced into saying something ignorant cuz its the only thing u can say without backing down and saying "im wrong." come to think of it, i dont think ive ever seen u admit to being wrong on tons of controversial stuff that u post...
Uhm... wrong how?

If I am gonna get Aids, it wont be from a South African sex slave. It will be from a "normal" woman that slept with a homosexual/bisexual man.

Maybe dont be such an idiot and read my whole posts, not just the last one taken out of context.

Plus this is a debate over if homosexuality is "wrong". Not Aids statistics in other parts of the world.

Word for word, I said....

So, I dont care what some gay dude does to another gay dude. If the gay dude sticks his dick in a straight chick cause he was drunk, lonely, his feelings were hurt etc... then he should have his dick cut off and shoved up his own ass.

The reason of course is the rampant spread of aids among gay men, which the statistics clearly support.

So, I am not wrong, nor have i ever been wrong to admit being wrong. Unlike you, who is always wrong, and never admits it....

And for the record.... we actually have no credible homosexual aids statistics from Africa. Who knows, they MAY be the same :dunno:

GTS Jeff
11-28-2004, 12:08 AM

Uhm... wrong how?

If I am gonna get Aids, it wont be from a South African sex slave. It will be from a "normal" woman that slept with a homosexual/bisexual man. wrong - because you are only thinking of yourself! just cuz YOU arent gonna get aids from an african doesnt mean that millions of ppl arent still going to die from aids. as i said, u seem intelligent enough that i dont think ure actually ignorant, but ure kinda being forced into saying dumb things cuz u dont want to admit to being wrong..

Toma
11-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wrong - because you are only thinking of yourself! just cuz YOU arent gonna get aids from an african doesnt mean that millions of ppl arent still going to die from aids. as i said, u seem intelligent enough that i dont think ure actually ignorant, but ure kinda being forced into saying dumb things cuz u dont want to admit to being wrong..
You are making no sense.

ALL of us in this thread are talking about homosexuality and its ramifications.

YOU are the ONLY one talking about AIDS and its ramifications.

The topic is homosexuality. Get with the program

:poosie:

GTS Jeff
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM

You are making no sense.

ALL of us in this thread are talking about homosexuality and its ramifications.

YOU are the ONLY one talking about AIDS and its ramifications.

The topic is homosexuality. Get with the program

:poosie: haha ure right...back on topic:

http://www.sexseeker.net/gallery/lesbians/wlt1127/sarah-077.jpg