PDA

View Full Version : Insurance is being gay

pr0
11-23-2004, 12:05 AM
So as everyone knows, my car was hit in my own parking lot. A woman backed into it and left a note. I called her up and she decided not to go through insurance. I got a quote at A1 for $1600 for a new fender and front bumper, all is well. I specifically told the guy at A1, I want NEW parts in the car because the hit was rather large, bumper is cracked, everything needs to be blended and I don't want damaged shit, he said okay. She later agrees to pay out of her pocket, her husband called me a few days later to confirm that he called A1 and that everything is paid for and I just have to wait until the car goes in. I am happy.

Today, 1 day before the car goes into the body shop, I get a call from her insurance agency which is ING. They asked what happened, I'm like WTF she said no insurance would be involved! Anyway, I tell them what is damaged, prices, etc the woman at ING says okay great.

2 hours later I get a call from A1 saying "oh we don't need to replace the parts, we'll just go ahead and repair the cracks, blending is not needed and the fender can be repaired and bent back to its normal position". Apparently ING insurance ageny wants to save some money buy making them do some half-assed job for like 500 bucks. :whipped: I tell them no, I want the parts replaced, NOT repaired and blending is neccessary, my damn paint is 10 years old, obviously its not going to match 100%.

I've already got a police sticker saying the damage is over $1000.00. I mean WTF, these insurance companies make millions and are still trying to fucking save money by trying to repair my car all fuckin ghetto.

:guns:

Forgot to add, should I take this to a lawyer? or perhaps my insurance agency? Suggestions?

jaysas_63
11-23-2004, 12:17 AM
lol shit man that sucks...all i can say is fight the man...POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!...lol but seriously insurance companys are massive assholes...and if u bitch enough u will get what u want done...best of luck

H4LFY2nR
11-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Maybe go to a lawyer and ask what they could do. Then see if you could do it yourself. However it is nice to just sit back and let some lawyer handle all the insurance company's shit slinging.

rage2
11-23-2004, 01:22 AM
You don't need a lawyer involved, it'll cost you more to bring in a lawyer. You just have to negotiate with the insurance company. It's a tedious process, but if you're persistant, it'll work out ok.

VWbloke
11-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Like Rage said, you gotta be persistent. Something very similar happened to my dad this summer. A guy blew through a stop sign and my dad (who had no stop sign and the right of way) slammed into him.

There was about $12K in damages to my dad's car and essentially the whole front end needed replacing. When he took it to the body shop, it was agreed that everything damaged was to be replaced with new parts.

Then the same thing you experienced, happened. The other guy's insurance company called to question why new parts were needed when some of the damaged parts could be repaired (the fender, hood, etc.).

It was surprising to hear some of the other things the insurance company deemed were 'repairable' - the Bi-xenons were crippled; completely shot, yet they insisted that they be 'repaired'. Similarly, they felt, in their infinite wisdom, that my dad should continue to drive his car (with headlights pointing in every direction except straight forward) so that they did not have to pay for his rental.

In the end, it all got sorted through LOTS of negotiatiing. However, as my dad is a bit on the cantankerous side, I use the term 'negotiating' quite loosely.

At any rate, insurance companies are looking to keep their costs as low as possible. They are effectively low-balling you because they know that some people will bend over and receive a stuffing. So be a persistent motherfucker and don't let them tell you what is good for YOUR car.

Good luck with everything! :)

86max
11-23-2004, 12:41 PM
ING.....saving YOUR money;)

Sucks to hear man, but everyones right, you have to keep negotiating. When I had to deal with my insurance, I was on the phone with them every second day. Eventually it should work out. They just go on hoping that noone will bother negotiating, so that their payout is as little as possible.

GoChris
11-23-2004, 04:26 PM
OMG I HATE ING!

dont even get me started on the problems with THAT insurance company!

see here if you wanna know: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65408

GQNammer
11-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I had a problem with ING also.

I got rear ended on sept 1st of this year. I stopped for a pedestrian and the dude behind me smoked my rear. So ya, it's his fault, he knows it's his fault, and he even tells his insurance (ING) that he's gonna need them to pay for the damages.
Today, being November 23rd, I JUST had someone from their company look at my car. So I waited almost 3 months just for their estimate. Took them forever. I called them twice a week for 2 months. Not once have I talked to an adjuster. I always had to leave them voicemails, very detailed voicemails. I finally had no more patients for them so I spoke to the supervisor of the adjuster they had for me. She made things right in 2 days.

Zero102
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm fighting with ING right now, I got rear-ended last year, and they're just finally looking into it.... it's a real shit show over there.

AcuraTl
12-01-2004, 07:27 PM
my car just got rear ended, also, the FUCKER however who did it is being a fucker. ANyways....i NEVER ever go to some cheap hole like A1, i went to Honda Crowfoot and they gave me a solid quote, there wasent much damage but 530 dollars worth, i got my insurance involved i think everything may go smoothly..... But word of advise never ever ever ever go to a cheap hole to get your repairs, go to a good place like your local dealer were u purchased ur car (if it is a new car) or a respectable body shop....

Just my 2 cents

Xtrema
12-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
to a cheap hole to get your repairs, go to a good place like your local dealer were u purchased ur car (if it is a new car) or a respectable body shop....

Just my 2 cents

I went to Calgary Honda for their only Honda approved body shop in western canada.

That damn corn start to rust after 2 years. good job my ass.

AcuraTl
12-01-2004, 09:44 PM
dont know much about Calgary Honda, just the main point is to go to Certified Dealers and Body shops, they usually INSIST on completely fixing the vehicle, because of security issues etc...

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 10:04 PM
The other insurance company does not decide what happens to your car. You do. So, you TELL them what you want, and THEY pay for it!

REFUSE to accept their idea of used parts, etc.

You WILL get your way. And make damn sure they know it.

HURST442
12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Insurance companies are basically legal scamming agencies...they pull so much bullshit i could puke :bullshit: