PDA

View Full Version : More Compustar question

bigbadboss101
11-23-2004, 10:46 AM
I have t he 8000FM Unit. I have set it so that it's silent when I arm and disarm. Autoarm off, passive disarm off. Sometimes I set the RPS off, and the vibrate is off to save battery. I will set RPS on depending where I am.

How do I make the remote silent when I arm and disarm, and start the car. It's very loud. I have read the manual. IT's rather brief. I like to be able to arm,disarm,start car, and go into various menu iteam without the remote beeping.

Tnanks

PS range is great. I am on the 31st floor on the other side of the building and it works fine.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey Bigbadboss101,

I am glad to hear that your system is working well for you. Unfortunatly, I don't believe that you can silence the beeping on your remote. You can only mute the siren on the vehicle. It takes some getting used to, but you will be glad it's there if ever someone decides to tamper with your car. :thumbsup:

Tony2
11-23-2004, 05:49 PM
On the 8000 the only 2 choices are vibrate or sound.............you can't turn both off or both on. In actuality with the vibrate on I don’t think you would loose much battery life as it only vibrates on RPS, alarm panic, or warn away mode.

T2

bigbadboss101
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I am not talking about the sound car makes when it is being violated. I am thinking the beep the remote makes when you start the car, arm the car etc. So it either vibrate, or sound?
The manual tells you have to activate RPS, but dont tell you what it is. Is it to allow someone to page you from the car?

hockey_fan59
11-24-2004, 01:17 AM
i dont think u can. i find that "song" annoying as well, but it lets me know reservation mode has set and my car is armed.

bigbadboss101
11-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Mine is auto so no reservation mode but it's loud when you are or press any buttons. So if you are in a quiet function or at a library, you can't use the bottons. Otherwise, it's a nice system, friends like it too.