PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control on a Honda

Odyssey1
11-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey Guys, how does the TCS work on a Odyssey? Do they use the wheel cylinders and brakes to control slippage at the tires or do they distribute the power through the tranny once slippage is discovered at the wheels?

GTS Jeff
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
if u are talking about an old odyssey, i got the impression that they just cut throttle.

vegas2005baby
11-24-2004, 02:46 AM
I do believe it uses a clutch driven system, when the rear wheels begin to spin at a different rate then the front, a special silicon liquid inside the diff heats up and sticks to clutch packs inside, transfering power to the rear. I know that this is how Hondas Realtime four wheel drive works, but it might work differently then the odyssey.:)

legendboy
11-24-2004, 09:13 AM
2wd traction control on a honda, wheel slipage is controled by the abs system i thought. It uses speed sensors behind the wheels to sense if one is spining faster than the others, then automatically applies brakes accordingly :dunno:

vegas2005baby
11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
hard to say, I thought the odyssey was a van?

benyl
11-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
2wd traction control on a honda, wheel slipage is controled by the abs system i thought. It uses speed sensors behind the wheels to sense if one is spining faster than the others, then automatically applies brakes accordingly :dunno:

This is correct.

It only works up to 40 km/h