PDA

View Full Version : Any good Volvo mechanics in town?

freakin
11-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know of a good Volvo mechanic in Calgary? I'm thinking of picking up a 740 turbo wagon for a winter car, but want to get a quote on some minor repairs. I was thinking of taking to to Bert & Jack's (the shop at the end of 17th by Macleod Trail). I've heard that they're a Volvo specialty shop, but I'd also like to see if anyone's used them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

QuasarCav
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Centre street south, on the same street as the peelers there is a volvo shop that I've heard good things about.

Melinda
11-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Centre street south, on the same street as the peelers there is a volvo shop that I've heard good things about.
Yeah that place is always busy. The specialize in Volvo, BMW and VW and they are busy all the time.

bmeier
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
there are a couple, Mr Volvo is the one on centre st.
then there is swannys and Alberta Auto Electric.

freakin
11-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Have any of you guys used these mechanics, or are they the ones that just seem busy? I've lost faith in the mechanic I generally use, and he's hopeless on imports. I think a Volvo is a little too out of his league, hehe. Just looking for someone who really knows their stuff. I don't mind paying a little extra for good work.

Thanks again.

MrX
11-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Swany's Volvo off of Barlow and 16th AVE in the NE. I used to go to them for other stuff, but they've been specializing in Volvo's for many years.