PDA

View Full Version : 2003 C-coupe

kenny
12-03-2002, 02:08 AM
Had a White 2003 C-coupe from Thursday till tonight because of some incompetent fucks (I'll save that for another day) and boy that car drives soooo nice! The one I was driving had the panoramic roof option so it felt pretty spacious and open. Its a little sluggish from a stop but once it gets going its got pretty good power (especially at highway speeds). Slap on an aftermarket pulley upgrade and this car will give most cars a run for their money!

My only complaint is that its a hatchback with a messed up lower rear window (curved) which distorts the image so you cant see backwards too well.

Starting in the mid $30g's range, this car drives awesome. Anyone who is looking for a car in that price range should definintely take it out for a spin. The handling on all season's was great and the stock ride was really comfortable... maybe its because I'm used to the stiffer/harsher ride in my slk.

I think its time I convince my mom to trade in her car for one of these! Then I can buy her a pulley mod for her birthday

:rofl:

Stratus_Power
12-03-2002, 02:11 AM
i really like the C230 sport komp too, though never test drove one myself, suppose to have the same engine as the Slk230. I thought they have a little clear window below the "little spoiler nish" that helps increase vision of the rear... but i have heard nothing but good things about the panoramic roof!!

szw
12-03-2002, 02:17 AM
An old friend of mine has one of those....time to get reaquainted!

kenny
12-03-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
i really like the C230 sport komp too, though never test drove one myself, suppose to have the same engine as the Slk230. I thought they have a little clear window below the "little spoiler nish" that helps increase vision of the rear... but i have heard nothing but good things about the panoramic roof!!

No, its badged as a C230, but it does not share the same engine as the SLK230. It has a supercharged (and intercooled) 1.8L 4banger producing I think 190hp/190tq. I'm not sure why its not badged as a C180. Great car. It has the window below the spoiler like other hatchbacks, cept its not a flat window its curved and makes it kind of useless.

eur0
12-03-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Had a White 2003 C-coupe from Thursday till tonight because of some incompetent fucks (I'll save that for another day)

ohh do tell :)

mwmhong
12-03-2002, 08:54 AM
I remember at the car show, the Mercedes guys were touting this car as the 'RSX killer.'
'It will kill any RSX other than the Type-S'. LOL!

And one guy wanted to show off the supercharger under the hood, but couldn't get the hood open after like 10 minutes. :confused:
I recall one guy talking about the AMG version, 75K for the same body style, but mega-powerful engine. :burnout:

Superesc
12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Something from the 02' C-coupe cd-rom :)
http://www.superesc.com/movies/c-movie.mov

Davan
12-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Hey! That's the car I'm getting next year! Damn I wish I could get it now, but I'd loose too much on the chebby.

The car used to have the same motor as the SLK230 in the last couple years. The 1.8 motor is new for this year. There is already a C180 in Europe, I think it's a deisel.

I'd rather get a used C230 though, just cause there are a couple mods available for for the 2.3 motor, including a supercharger pulley that dyno'ed 30 rwhp increase. The new 1.8 motor has no mods.... yet....

I raced a woman in an auto C230 a few weeks back... my car runs 16 flat at race city, and this woman destroyed me on Glenmore trail. :love: :D

G
12-03-2002, 11:59 AM
My brother just bought one and it awsome. Really good bang for the buck.

max_boost
12-03-2002, 12:05 PM
It can get really pricey with options.....bastards! I think the C-Coupe is a great looking car but the rear is still a little funny looking.......

Stratus_Power
12-03-2002, 12:10 PM
its like 42 w/ all the options.. and end up close to like 45k to drive it out of the parking lot :(

rage2
12-03-2002, 12:55 PM
There's a C32 Coupe AMG, as well as a C30 Coupe Diesel AMG, but only in europe. The C32 Coupe AMG *is* the car to get! If it comes to Canada, I'm guessing in the 65k range loaded.

max_boost
12-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Why is it the car to get? HP?

rage2
12-03-2002, 04:46 PM
349hp, same motor as all "32 AMG" cars. Brakes from the C32's (even though it's lighter than the SLK32). Suspension is obviously based on the C32 as well which is nicer than the SLK 32 AMG's stock suspension. It's the ultimate hot hatch (stock anyways hehe).

kenny
12-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
I remember at the car show, the Mercedes guys were touting this car as the 'RSX killer.'
'It will kill any RSX other than the Type-S'. LOL!

Can probably hang with an RSX Type S too based on uhh... my research. :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Ya it is a nice car. I had the chance to drive one around last weekend. Pretty typical Mercedes ride and feel. The curved window at the back does make things look a bit funky. The car was being broken in so I didnt get to really jump on it, but with some simple mods it could be a pretty quick car( relatively speaking). I found the ride a bit sterile, I got a little disoriented in it, and found I had to drive with the window open so I could hear some road noise, guess it's something you have to get used to, my other vehicles are rather loud. Nice car for the money.

Hakkola
12-04-2002, 01:17 AM
Haha, kenny, your research...

I don't like the rear, the white coupe looked nice, it looked really good coming up, I noticed you behind me a bit before you pulled beside me.

got M
12-04-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by rage2
It's the ultimate hot hatch .

Haha u said hot hatch:rofl:

Ben
12-04-2002, 01:59 AM
I want an RS6

girlRACER
12-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Yeah the C-Coupe is soooo cute. I think it drives much smoother and quieter than the SLK230 but it's not as fast from the start. Last time I was at Lonestar, there was a used black 2002 C-coupe with 4800km for $36,000 w/sunroof and powerseats. I don't think that's a good deal since it starts from $34,000. I also saw a white one and a citroen green one sitting on the lot.

Stratus_Power
12-04-2002, 04:25 PM
just did a quick config on the website.. its SEMI fully loaded ( minus the intergrated cell phone etc crap, but w/ power/heated leather, sunroof, etc etc) cost 43k + GST

Big_Six_Boy
12-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Yeah, they're really nice cars... my bro's got one (White too - the best color for it!). :)

Overall, it's a GREAT car. However, the only complaint I have is the somewhat clunky shifter (some people love it). Also, the E-Brake is a retro-American-style foot pedal - ugh.
I hope that gets changed in the future...

Yellow_Fly_Red
12-04-2002, 10:22 PM
Yep..
I hated the foot E-brake when I first got the car....
but now I am used to it...

gives the interior a 'cleaner' look to it....

regarding mods...

Kleeman USA is currently trying to replace the existing Eaton Supercharger with the newer Lysholm unit.

qoute: Kleeman USA
"I have begun an interesting project on our C coupe. The stock SC is an Eaton 45CID unit. Using a pulley pretty much maxes it out in terms of boost and rotation speed. You cant get much more out of it. Intercoolers and such are an excellent idea but what about more boost?

We will be replacing th Eaton unit with a Lysholm type screw kompressor. Machine, CNC programming and testing time should be complete in about two weeks time. The theoretical gains from a screw kompressor at the same boost as the Eaton unit should result in a 25hp increase at the crank (less parasitic loss and much lower discharge temps). Add to this the ability to make as much as 17psi and a nearly 300hp coupe is possible. We will not employ chip tuning but modify the fuel system with a RRFPR. The pump in the coupe is the same unit as in a CLK55 which easily delivers enough fuel volume for 500+ hp.

We are also doing the same thing for the new 1.8l engine as that engine does not lend its self to a pulley solution. Power gains on the 1.8l will not be as high as the 2.3l but should prove to be far better than any pulley.

end qoute:

http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=853

Hope this mod works out..... I may get it if I still have this car when my warranty runs out.

Currently my car is stock except for tinted windows.
H&R lowering springs and C32AMG sway bars will be installed next spring.

Warren80
07-15-2004, 05:17 PM
I've bought a mercedes c320 sports coupe and I'm looking to add a super charger on to it if at all possible just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction [email protected]

Manimillion
07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I'm not sure why its not badged as a C180.

It is called marketing.

Manimillion
07-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Davan
There is already a C180 in Europe, I think it's a deisel.

Yes there are C180's in europe, and has been ever since the C class came out. Nope they are not diesel, the C180/C200/C230 Kompressor engines are the same engine, the difference is that they run more boost on the ones with a bigger number, the smallest number (being 180) has the highest compression ratio, the compression ratio is less on the C200 K then the C180 K, and the compression ratio is the lowest on the C230 K.

These are the compression ratio's if I remember them right.

C230 K > 8.5:1
C200 K > 9.3:1
C180 K > 10:1

ZorroAMG
07-15-2004, 05:51 PM
What's with the thread revival dood??????http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/html/emoticons/dry.gif