PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my new (to me) ByPass valve!

R-Audi
11-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Its a Forge 006 with Tuning kit (Different springs and spacer etc)
It was sent out Nov 4th, and got it yesterday...
Now only if I got my clutch anytime soon, I could drive!

This means I will be selling my GFB adjustable diverter pretty quick....

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 05:10 PM
pretty sexy, looks kinda like my stock audi unit, except mine aint all blingin'. Did you ever get your clutch problem resolved?

R-Audi
11-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Kinda, needed a new clutch, flywheel insert, Slave Cylinder, and various bearings. The only problem now is that it was sent out USPS instead of Fedex so I dont know how long it will take.

EFHatch
11-23-2004, 09:18 PM
USPS takes forever to get across the border. i had to wait about 4 weeks for my oil lines to get up here :(

vegas2005baby
11-24-2004, 01:43 AM
thats odd, last time i shipped something up from the united states using USPS (the 7 day shipping thing) it took 7 days, and that was like 2 weeks ago :dunno:

R-Audi
11-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I think its hit and miss, depending on which border crossing it goes to etc. This was coming from Texas, so I am not sure where it would have gone thru, and the clutch is coming from Cali, so Im hoping its not Vancouver that is slow...

Oh, and the difference between the stock unit and this one are the stock uses a diaphram, which is prone to tearing under increased boost, (7psi->21psi) and this unit uses a piston, and is adjustable with the various springs and shims. There are upgraded factory BPV's, but I thought it would be easier to go this route.

NiteRider
11-24-2004, 12:53 PM
whats the benefit of this one mark?

R-Audi
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
This one is fully adjustable and re-buildable, and with the various springs and shims, it will hold more boost then my GFB unit.
I believe ther was a slight boost leak with my other unit with the boost I was hitting, and also produced a slight 'honking' noise when the car is first driven