PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P My Nissan 240sx

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Well its the end of an era for me. Last night at about 10:00, I was driving back from limericks heading south on macleod. As I crossed the 99th ave and macleod intersection (right by superstore) a car turned right in front of me. He was going west into the superstore parking lot. I had no time to react, and so I hit him full on (65km/h). There were 4 people in his car, and only myself in mine. My car spun 180 degrees, and his did a 270 and impaled itself on a pole. He tried to run but was stuck on the pole.

The police came and investigated. He is 100% at fault as I had a green light. He had a solid green turning light.

Here's the biggest kicker, this 22 year old guy had no insurance on the vehicle, stolen plates, and a learners permit from Quebec. Not one person in the car had a class 5 license. He goes to jail, but im still screwed. My insurance has to pay, and with the new reforms it will go up substantially.

Ive got whiplash, and im a little banged up but thankfully nothing is broken and im still fine. My car is absolutely done. Here are some pics:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Bottom%20front.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Closeup%20front%20right%20side.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Engine%20Bay.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Front%20FL.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Front%20FR.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Front.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Looking%20F%20FR.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Looking%20Side%20FR.jpg
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Side%20FL.jpg

And finally, the other car:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/franz/Accident/Sunfire.jpg

R-Audi
11-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg!
Hopefully you stripped whatever you could....
Is the engine salvageable?... just a thought for ya

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
They wouldn't let me take anything except my non bolted on belongings. I took the shift knob and Emanage...

962 kid
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
oh man :( what a shame

Chester
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
:eek: Damn that sucks man:cry:

CelicaST-162
11-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Greg, I am sorry to hear about that. I remember riding in your car...that thing was damn fast....too bad. Best wishes man!:thumbsup:

A_3
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
wow... i'm sorry man... glad you're o.k. That's bs about your insurance having to cover everything when the other guy was clearly at fault. I can't imagine a situation that shitty, stupid uninsured drivers ruining it for everyone :guns:

R.I.P. to a well loved 240

rage2
11-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear man, glad you're ok. That looks pretty harsh.

Did you have comprehensive insurance? Because I know hit and run is only covered under comprehensive, and I'm GUESSING if the other party has no insurnace, that's a comprehensive coverage as well.

Also with mods to the car, you're gonna have a hell of a time with the insurance battle, unless you declared everything to your insurer.

And with the new reforms, if this dings your record, you'll be paying less than before.

Best of luck with your battle.

illeagle
11-23-2004, 07:42 PM
i just puked... soo sad to see..

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Ouch, sorry to hear man, glad you're ok. That looks pretty harsh.

Did you have comprehensive insurance? Because I know hit and run is only covered under comprehensive, and I'm GUESSING if the other party has no insurnace, that's a comprehensive coverage as well.

Also with mods to the car, you're gonna have a hell of a time with the insurance battle, unless you declared everything to your insurer.

And with the new reforms, if this dings your record, you'll be paying less than before.

Best of luck with your battle.

Im not expecting to get more than 6000 dollars. They have given me two options:
1. Get full money and the car gets crushed or they do whatever with it.
2. I get partial money and get to keep the car. If I went this route I would take everything apart and keep whatever I could. Out of the engine im sure I could salvage the block. Then I would build it up fully and in the process learn a lot about my engine.

We'll see what the monetary difference is. Since my dad told them how much we payed for the car and engine when we bought it, they might give us more...

vegas2005baby
11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
man, that unbelievable, fucking idiots out there running around with out insurance.:bullshit:

cocoabrova
11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey sorry to hear, now go and build an S14:thumbsup:

rage2
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by vegas2005baby
man, that unbelievable, fucking idiots out there running around with out insurance.:bullshit:
Don't drive in California. I heard it's like 30% of drivers on the road don't have insurance down there. Crazy stuff.

alpha
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
yeah man its too bad that happened. I am glad hes going to jail but that doesnt really help you any. if you need any pics I took a couple of the crash site, for insurance or for the cops, just pm me. this is chantelles bf btw.

PGTze
11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
I feel for you man, I had a similar situation happen to me less then a year ago. Other driver was 100% at fault and everything, but she was borowing her brothers car and she lived in tiawan(sp), didn't have correct insurance papers, no liscence on her or anything, and she was a dumb bitch that apparently did't know that red means stop. Luckily though her brothers wife I beleive it was had insurance on the car at the time, so they forunatly ended up paying for it. It was a huge pain in the ass though because they were saying that the woman didn't have permision to borrow the car, and in the middle of all this she had gone back to taiwan, just a huge mess.

My advice would be for you to go and talk to a lawyer, there must be something you do to get something out of the asshole that hit you.

Team_Mclaren
11-23-2004, 07:59 PM
ouch:eek: sorry to heard that, best wishes

Superesc
11-23-2004, 08:12 PM
damn man, that sucks!!!!

kanjus_paki
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
brutes s14.5 time

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
My advice would be for you to go and talk to a lawyer, there must be something you do to get something out of the asshole that hit you.

My insurance said theyd deal with everything. This guy seems like a total deadbeat and getting money would be tough. I will talk to my lawyer though. Hopefully they give me more than 5g's. If they do then I only have about 50% losses...

Originally posted by cocoabrova
Hey sorry to hear, now go and build an S14:thumbsup:

Originally posted by kanjus_paki
brutes s14.5 time

Nah, I love my pignose S13's...

AcuraTl
11-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh shit!!!

Were they any injuries to anyone?? yourself or the occupants of the other car?

Post this guys addy, im sure some peeps can pay him a visit :devil:

fast95pony
11-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear about this. :( I hope things work out in your favour.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
Oh shit!!!

Were they any injuries to anyone?? yourself or the occupants of the other car?

From what I heard while lying in the hospital wing, one of the girls had previous femur damage and so could not feel her legs after the hit. She could not move them. I don't think it was too serious, a temporary paralysis or something like that. All others had scratches and bruises, and whiplash...

Kona9
11-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Good to hear you are ok!:thumbsup:

240ssx
11-23-2004, 09:10 PM
:eek: Shit man that sucks :banghead: Its never good to hear something like this. This should be a lesson to all those dicks driving without insurance. ANyways glad your ok and good luck

Brad

Aleks
11-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Sorry about your loss! I am glad to see you made it out ok, that's the most important thing!

vietdood
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
sorry to hear about the loss

there's another option that they don't tell you about which one of my friends did when his car was written off

take the full money then ask to buy the car back, you'll get more money then taking the partial amount and keeping the car. they'll sell it back to you cheaper because they don't have to deal with storage fees and auctioning it off.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by vietdood
sorry to hear about the loss

there's another option that they don't tell you about which one of my friends did when his car was written off

take the full money then ask to buy the car back, you'll get more money then taking the partial amount and keeping the car. they'll sell it back to you cheaper because they don't have to deal with storage fees and auctioning it off.

Thats a good idea. How much was the difference?

2000_SI
11-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, i saw that sh*t happen man...........thats realy unfortunate,,,,,,

vietdood
11-23-2004, 09:48 PM
i'm not sure about the exact numbers, but after it was all fixed up, he actually ended up making about $1500 off the claim

cboyspimp
11-23-2004, 09:54 PM
shitty deal good to hear your ok:thumbsup:

statick
11-23-2004, 09:57 PM
sorry to hear u lost such a sweet car, good to hear ur ok. good luck with ur next prject/car

Z_Fan
11-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I've bought a car back from insurance as well. But in that case, it wasn't screwed like your car is. Unless you've got very valuable hardware in the car, it's not worth it based on what I can see from the pictures.

That really sucks, I feel for you. Glad you are alright.

Little fuckers without insurance. Damn, that should totally be a criminal offence that requries mandatory jail time.

big_k
11-23-2004, 10:01 PM
yeah, this is really shitty greg, but everything happens for a reason, and good will come from this. Its gonna be fun working on the new project, and i'm glad your ok!!

big_k
11-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I've bought a car back from insurance as well. But in that case, it wasn't screwed like your car is. Unless you've got very valuable hardware in the car, it's not worth it based on what I can see from the pictures.

That really sucks, I feel for you. Glad you are alright.

Little fuckers with out insurance. Damn, that should totally be a criminal offence that requries mandatory jail time.

i think SR20DET, exhuast, custom door panels, haha, all count as very valueable hardware. and painted stock rims!

finboy
11-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Im not expecting to get more than 6000 dollars. They have given me two options:
1. Get full money and the car gets crushed or they do whatever with it.
2. I get partial money and get to keep the car. If I went this route I would take everything apart and keep whatever I could. Out of the engine im sure I could salvage the block. Then I would build it up fully and in the process learn a lot about my engine.

We'll see what the monetary difference is. Since my dad told them how much we payed for the car and engine when we bought it, they might give us more...

sorry to hear, i'd keep it if i was you though.

240 shells are cheap, and assuming the motor is still in good shape, it should be a drop in and you will have cash left over for mods ;)

hope you feel better soon, shoot me a pm if you need to borrow an engine hoist. :thumbsup:

R-Audi
11-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by big_k

i think SR20DET, exhuast, custom door panels, haha, all count as very valueable hardware. and painted stock rims!

I wouldnt count those door panels as being too valuable!

jk

:D
not having your car is better then not being in perfect health!
(Minus whiplash etc)

Sir Lancerlot
11-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Glad you're ok man.
It's sad to see a loved car get scrapped...
and it's also sad to see stupid drivers :(

MM99lude
11-23-2004, 10:18 PM
oh greg man im so sorry. thats such a shame. she had so much potential. I really hope everything works out for ya.

JAYMEZ
11-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Damn dude , thats shity as hell ! At least your alright , cars can be fixed! Now you gota go car shopping all over again :D

sabad66
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Shitty deal. At least your OK. A car can always be replaced...

dsmer
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Let us know whats going to happen. Sorry to hear. Hopefully you won't get screwed.

lam-boy
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Fuck people without insurance.
:guns: :guns: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
what really pisses me off was the lady who backed up into me, and she had no insurance. the other day i was driving, guess who I saw...:banghead: god damn trash.

glad to hear you're okay though dude.

rc2002
11-23-2004, 10:57 PM
That really sucks, but I'm glad to hear you're OK Greg... I guess we'll have a chance to give it another go when you get your new project. ;)

1badPT
11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
I saw this coming back home from Willow Park last night night - I hope everything works out alright and good to hear you're ok.

pr0
11-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear. Hopefully everything will go well.

403Gemini
11-24-2004, 01:29 AM
fawk dude sorry bout the car :( glad to hear you're okay tho *sigh* thats a sweet sr20 s40 off the road :cry:

three.eighteen.
11-24-2004, 01:36 AM
damn that sucks...glad to hear youre ok though

FiveFreshFish
11-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Make sure you get your whiplash fixed properly through physio, chiro, massage, etc.

86max
11-24-2004, 09:07 AM
:cry:
So sad to see that Greg......hope everything works out okay for you. I'll miss that car.

import_illusion
11-24-2004, 11:15 AM
sorry to hear about your situation man..i hope things work out for you too

that other driver is such a fcukin idiot..at least know how to drive if you gonna drive without insurance

DonJuan
11-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Wow dude, sorry to hear about your car. Most important thing is your alright. Should be easy to find another S13 and make it even faster!

Idratherbsidewayz
11-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Make sure you get your whiplash fixed properly through physio, chiro, massage, etc.

With some new legislation each insurance company has to give $700 for chiropractic care. I think massage is included in all this. I personally don't know any good massage therapists. My mom wants to send me to some leigh leigh or something like that, where the therapist judges you by your "energy" and decides where you hurt. It seems kind of fishy and id like the name of a normal good masseuse.

Gspotracer
11-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
Shitty deal. At least your OK. A car can always be replaced...

:werd:

CRDAONLINE.com
11-24-2004, 01:26 PM
that is is pretty easy to fix

well not easy but it's not dead

my cavalier was hit front and back by two cars going around 60 mph

just get a chain a crank and 2 hooks put it around a tree and crank your frame back in place

it's very hard to do but i could fix your car in a couple weeks
your car isn't dead just sick

if you don't want to do the work
put your car on ebay and i'll buy it

Idratherbsidewayz
11-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CRDAONLINE.com

just get a chain a crank and 2 hooks put it around a tree and crank your frame back in place

Thanks for the offer, but I think im going to stick with getting insurance money. I don't know if you can pull my radiator and side mount intercooler back into their normal shapes. All the tubing is pretty wrecked too.

Ill sell it to you for 9.99g's... :)

86max
11-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Don't worry man, find a new shell, and I'll pop over and help you throw together another sleeper. Faster this time ;)

MP5
11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
ouch...well go back at night and steal your engine back!!! haha
engine damage? or no? just a written off car? i am guessing?

blueripper6
11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
:cry: that sr20 cramped up brings a tear to my eye man..

That is such bullshit, he tried to run, thank god for that pole...

Can't you sue?

Scat
11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6

Can't you sue?

Sue for what?
All he can get is insurance money

240droptop
11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by big_k

Yah man those stock rims are key you better atleats try and buy those off them :thumbsup: But yah that really suxs its his fault the accident happend and you gota pay plus you loose such a nice car. no good. Like seriously if your too dumb to even get your liceanse theres probably a reason you shouldint be driveing:banghead:

blueripper6
11-24-2004, 06:12 PM
He doesnt have insurance..

Hes gotta get the money somehow

ninjak84
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
That's pretty brutal, good thing you're ok.

RIP S13 SR20

1-Bar
11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
sorry to hear man...at least your still in good health and can talk about what happened. Hope all goes well in your future.....

big_k
11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Scat

Sue for what?
All he can get is insurance money

NO, he will get insurance money, then you sue for injuries. Since he has no insurance, the money comes out of a special canadian insurance fund, so he can sue for injuries.

teamPR0
11-24-2004, 07:17 PM
i got my car fucked too the other day... fucken bad drivers. :banghead:

Idratherbsidewayz
11-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by teamPR0
i got my car fucked too the other day... fucken bad drivers. :banghead:

Thats too bad, was it 100% his fault? From what I read you aren't the safest driver...

BTW, weren't you banned?

finboy
11-24-2004, 09:04 PM

Thats too bad, was it 100% his fault? From what I read you aren't the safest driver...

owned

dsmer
11-24-2004, 10:23 PM
dont know why you'd ban him, he said nothing wrong. :dunno: whatever........

ninspeed
11-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey glad to know you are ok... but better to see your in good spirits considering... Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by CRDAONLINE.com

Thanks to morrons like you, there are a shit load of unsafe cars on the road that should have been scraped, or atleast fixed buy somebody who actually knows anything about unibody repair...

and along with the new insurance rules, if you only have PLPD you dont need an insurance inspection... bs... just pure bs...

Focus
11-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss! Glad to hear that you are ok (aside from whiplash) I am sure you will build another sleeper. Better than the first!

With some new legislation each insurance company has to give $700 for chiropractic care. I think massage is included in all this. I personally don't know any good massage therapists. My mom wants to send me to some leigh leigh or something like that, where the therapist judges you by your "energy" and decides where you hurt. It seems kind of fishy and id like the name of a normal good masseuse.

if you don't mind the drive to Airdrie, Aura is very good! If you want I can get you the name of the guy that I have used in the past.

Kamen
11-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear and see somethin so bad.
Good thing you are ok, best of luck :thumbsup:

BigBearWest
11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
sorry to hear, glad you are ok.

MK3HKS
11-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by finboy

owned

LMAO!!! thas the funniest .gif file ive seen yet!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PH1PH1
11-25-2004, 02:07 AM
thatz a very shitty deal .. glad ur ok though .. don't worry those guyz will pay outta their noses one day :whipped:

7thgenvic
11-25-2004, 02:34 AM
awww so sad to hear, and really the car will come second the fact that you in good shape is the important thing! look on the bright side, your next car will have door panels! hehe

-jonny

tommy1223
11-25-2004, 02:41 AM
sorry to hear about your car, but it seems like it help up pretty well from the speedy crash.

Zephyr
11-25-2004, 03:31 AM
ouch man.... hey at least you took that fucker out too! well hope ur okay..and hopefully u can continue to be a fellow 240 driver!! 240 drivers unite!

CKY
11-25-2004, 03:41 AM
poor 240, at least we only lost a car and not a member on the board

Lasz
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're ok.
I always travel in the inner or at least the middle lane so no one turns out in front of me

86max
11-25-2004, 10:14 AM
I take that left turn every weekday morning, from mcleod to 99th, and I don't know how one could not see another car coming unless they were just being impatient, stupid, or were under the influence. I can't imagine there being much traffic at 10pm, so that rules out the impatient option.

Nissanaddict
11-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Damn....thats 2 red 240s down within a short time....I have no clue what happened with mine. I've never lost control of my car like that in my life...and no I wasn't trying to drift. I was on Deer ridge drive right past that church, where you go uphill then there's a really tight hairpin going left....I think there might've been gravel, cuz my car started sliding inexplicably, and before I knew it, I'd hopped a curb and hit a tree.

http://members.shaw.ca/howyuduin/frontcrash.JPG

It's hard not having a 240 anymore....at least my case should be settled next week with insurance.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
Damn....thats 2 red 240s down within a short time....I have no clue what happened with mine. I've never lost control of my car like that in my life...and no I wasn't trying to drift. I was on Deer ridge drive right past that church, where you go uphill then there's a really tight hairpin going left....I think there might've been gravel, cuz my car started sliding inexplicably, and before I knew it, I'd hopped a curb and hit a tree.

It's hard not having a 240 anymore....at least my case should be settled next week with insurance.

That repair shouldn't be too much more than 2000 dollars. But damn, it sucks to see another one of these cars hurt like that.

SaabKraft
11-25-2004, 03:13 PM
:( best of luck sorting things out

AccordTypeR
11-25-2004, 03:38 PM
uuuugh tough luck man im sorry to see such a nice car get ruined... i better watch out i dont need to be the 3rd red 240sx all smashed up:eek: good luck wiht your insurace!

kanjus_paki
11-25-2004, 04:25 PM
tough luck man but hopefully insurance gets all settled and stuff......itll be intresting to see what they say about you buying the car for cheap THEN putting the engine in.......but if they knew about it from the begining then it shouldnt be a problem...keep us updated:thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
11-25-2004, 07:43 PM
doubtful about an easy fix....the picture I didn't take....the right side frame rail....it's buckled very nicely.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the deletion mods...

GTS Jeff
11-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

It's hard not having a 240 anymore....at least my case should be settled next week with insurance. man, that sucks and i hope u get shit sorted out!

but for some constructive criticism, maybe u should learn to drive! cars dont "inexplicably" slide, they arent possessed! u were just going too fast for the conditions and your abilities...so slow down!

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-25-2004, 08:26 PM
make mine number 4! lol j/k not yet soon though haha...

GwaiLo
11-27-2004, 06:59 AM
lol i crashed my integra 2weeks ago in basically the same spot

S14maniac
11-27-2004, 12:25 PM
it seems like the only possible endings for a 240 is either getting stolen, or getting wrecked.......... im so tired of hearing this... feel so bad for you man.

Zephyr
11-27-2004, 07:02 PM
dam im scared bout my red s13 now :( *knocks on wood*

86max
11-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Someone pissed off the 240 gods, probably that guy on ebay who put a chev 350 into one.:dunno:

Shoebox//Racer
11-28-2004, 01:53 AM
oh man..... So sorry to hear man.

I drive past your house almost everyday on my way over to my buddies place, was wondering why i havent seen your car for a few days on the driveway.

Didnt really think anything of it, and then i stumbled on to this thread... Unbelievable.

I hope things get sorted out soon and things start going your way.

Best of Luck with your next s13 =)