PDA

View Full Version : Advice for selling a car.

Skyline_Addict
11-24-2004, 03:51 AM
hey,
I was just wondering if you guys could let me in on some great places to place ads (hopefully free, and other than beyond.ca of course) as well as the ways/methods to get a price quote/appraisal on the vehicle you wish to sell.

thanks

statick
11-24-2004, 07:54 AM
u can get an appraisal at www.edmunds.com ( it'll be in american tho). as for ads , i guess on other car forums other than beyond, 403 honda maybe:dunno:

Bonka
11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Contact your insurance company. They follow a guidebook for car values.

You can also find out comparable prices by checking out the for sale ads of other similiar year, make and model vehicles.

MrMiyagi
11-24-2004, 03:21 PM
THere's also a book available at most grocery stores: The Auto Trader Used Car Guide. This black book provides you with retail prices for cars and is a good guide in general for buying and selling crs.

Skylinelover
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by MrMiyagi
THere's also a book available at most grocery stores: The Auto Trader Used Car Guide. This black book provides you with retail prices for cars and is a good guide in general for buying and selling crs.
Those blackbooks are only available to companies that need an apraisel for cars. I don't think you can just go buy one. Dont quote me though.

Skyline_Addict
11-24-2004, 05:08 PM
good advice so far...
anyone have anymore advice regarding advertisement?

Skylinelover
11-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Ask some honda dealers if you can put your car there.

FiveFreshFish
11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
good advice so far...
anyone have anymore advice regarding advertisement?

Take lots of pictures and select the best one(s) for the ad. Keep the others to email a prospective buyer upon request.

Use terms that everyone understands. Don't use ACURA D17A2, HONDA H22A because 99% of buyers don't know this.

djayz
11-24-2004, 08:49 PM
buysell.com is good and i believe they have free advertising but if they dont anymore you can put like 5 ads up for 3.99 or something.

you can also see roughly how much your car is worth because theres alot of cars on sale there.

max_boost
11-24-2004, 09:10 PM
You might as well get a comprehensive inspection report/carfax done so you can show your prospective buyers. Another suggestion is to get your car detailed and don't drive it as much.

That way when they check out your car, you have responses for the standard questions. And since its spanking clean with the detail/wax, the car is much more presentable.

Yes it will cost you a few hundred bucks but think about it. You want to go check out a car and see it all dirty, interior, exterior, engine bay? Or what if you see and it's mint condition, wouldn't that at least convey to the buyer that you take very good care of the car?

Trust me.

When I sold my S2000, I had it detailed in and out as well as an oil change and it looked like showroom condition. The gentleman I dealt with basically said, "Wow, let's get this deal done" :D No test drive, nothing. He was sold in less than 5minutes.

Good luck.

MrMiyagi
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Those blackbooks are only available to companies that need an apraisel for cars. I don't think you can just go buy one. Dont quote me though.

No man. I saw them at Safeway. I even bought one there. THey're great for buying, cause u can cut the guy down by looking at the car price in there. The dude usually has nothing to say after that, because it's in print as "retail price" in Canadian Dolloars with the mileageand year taken into account.

That book is gold.

P.S. It's at Amazon too: http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1895729483/qid=1101354240/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/702-4194083-9500038

Skylinelover
11-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by MrMiyagi

No man. I saw them at Safeway. I even bought one there. THey're great for buying, cause u can cut the guy down by looking at the car price in there. The dude usually has nothing to say after that, because it's in print as "retail price" in Canadian Dolloars with the mileageand year taken into account.

That book is gold.

P.S. It's at Amazon too: http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1895729483/qid=1101354240/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/702-4194083-9500038
Hmm, thanks for telling me that. I never knew.

MrMiyagi
11-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Hmm, thanks for telling me that. I never knew.

No worries. U just owe me a beer, that's all! :D

Sorath
11-25-2004, 12:04 AM
terence, black book is a good price guide, go get ur hands on next months copy, u can forget about seraching it over the internet, cause they never update their page.

advertisements: autotrader.ca, bargain finder, herald

edit: about that job, her parents get back sunday, so i`ll ask them, or tell them to call u. come with me to speed tech tomorrow!!!!!!!

p.s. : YOU OWE ME AN OEM KIT WITH PAINT

Sorath
11-25-2004, 12:07 AM
more advice, when ur getting ur dc3.

tell them to send it for a compression test, i think u should pay for it, costs about 150 bucks. unless its under warranty u`ll need it, essential!