PDA

View Full Version : wtb high end computer *PURCHASED*

Cixz
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
just as the thread reads

i want to buy a high end computer if anyone is selling please let me know thank you

Tux10
11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Thats pretty Vague... Maybe you should post a bit more of what your looking for and maybe a price range so that we can actually help you out.

Cixz
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
ill spend up too prob around 1500 just want the tower
umm

at least 512 ram
amd or pentium dosent make a difference

umm i cant really say what i want because i dont know what u guys have but just post your specs of what u got thanks

JAYMEZ
11-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I dont know about getting a high end comp for $1500 , maybe a good one...

Currently my computer tower is , 2048 DDR RAM , P4 3.4hz , X800 Pro 256 Vid Card , 200gigs , Two LG DVD CD Writers, Win XP Office and an Antec Server tower. It was about 3 grand...

ICEBERG
11-24-2004, 07:49 PM
When you said high end i thought you where talking about something like a Dual 2.5ghz G5 PowerMac or Voodoo Rage SLi around $4000...;)

JoeBoomz
11-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

SteelGhost
11-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

JoeBoomz
11-24-2004, 10:08 PM

SteelGhost
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Haha it's ok, my system is PCI-Express, your's uses AGP. But's it's up to Cixz.

ricosuave
11-24-2004, 10:30 PM
hey, dont you guys have to be registered as a sponsor to be allowed to sell here?

Schitz
11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SteelGhost
Haha it's ok, my system is PCI-Express, your's uses AGP. But's it's up to Cixz.

Well, in all fairness, that's like saying your car is faster because it's from Japan. There's a lot of really fast PCI-express setups, but you can also build a pretty slow one, especially in the video card aspect.

Looking at a comparison like this one: http://reviews.pimprig.com/video_cards/sapphiretech_x600_pro_vivo.php?page=4
the PCI-Express isn't looking so hot. Granted, if you throw a X800 in there, you'll beat up that 9800 pro pretty easily, but it's just not happening with an X600.

SI-vic
11-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
hey, dont you guys have to be registered as a sponsor to be allowed to sell here?

doesnt really seem like they're ADVERTISING too much
just more like trying to help a beyond member with a good deal from their company.

seer_claw
11-24-2004, 11:03 PM
www.ncix.com is a good place to start when looking for a computer. You can build and customize a system there to start with. YOu might want to post what you will be using the computer for, it would help in figureing what you will need for a system.

Cixz
11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
y ai wish they didnet takes those guys replys off :banghead:

umm ya my machine is gonna be for strickly gaming
WOW
hl2
counter-strike source

also ya i liked that amd system that someone posted cant member who becuase the admins took them off
lol but ya just pm me guys thanks

im kinda wanting something this week

JoeBoomz
11-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Admins, I run a board personally and make it a point not to iron-fist my users. This user posted that they were looking for a system and we both replied. In all fairness, no company names were mentioned and for all you know these are all just spare parts we're selling off.

<sigh>

Cixz, I'll PM you the details.

For any of the rest of you interested, I can build you complete systems, I don't run a company that advertises AT ALL, and if you want to get a hold of me simply e-mail ([email protected]) me. I won't risk getting banned because I appear to be advertising for free, though this IS a sell-parts board and we were only doing exactly that. Most of my stock is parts that we've used personally because I like to try a lot of different setups. What a piss-off, my first day here and I already have a ban threat.

beyondpinoy
11-25-2004, 12:10 AM
pm'ed

SteelGhost
11-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by JoeBoomz
In all fairness, no company names were mentioned and for all you know these are all just spare parts we're selling off.

I agree, we didn't even mention a single word about selling stuff for any company at all. Apparently advertising is against board rules, but how are we even advertising?

The user asked and we gave answers, isn't this what this is for?

And about the PCI-express, I wasn't say the x600 is faster than the 9800 Pro, just that PCI-express leaves more space for upgrades and such in the future. Unless, the person buys a whole computer everytime he decides to upgrade.

dragonone
11-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I built 3 of these systems (around the same specs) at memxpress for about 13-1400, prices are very competitive in calgary so you can always shop around:

Intel Pentium 3.0E (800mhz bus, 1mb cache)
Asus p4p800SE (lan, audio, SATA, agp8x etc, even has this instant music thing so u can use ur optical drive as a hi-fi)
512mb pc2700 (i think) DDR ram
40gb 10k rpm SATA WD HD (for OS)
200gb 7200rpm SATA WD HD (for storage)
Pioneer A08 DVD+/- RW DL optical drive
Raedon 9600 128mb or X600 128mb
Floppy or the mitsumi Floppy+7in1 card reader
Case+power supply (i'd go w/ antec power supplies, or antec cases, but if u got the bills i'd go w/ the thermaltake tsunami case and an antec trupower 430W)

i think that's about it, don't know if that adds up rite
anyways, u can go PCI-xpress or no pci-xpress, that's 2 different routes to go, from what i gather unless you buy 2 or more of the same video cards you will not get that much of a performance boost (as in one PCI-xpress card vs. one agp8x card of the same class ie. x600)
as well, u might want to run SATA-raid
and finally, you might want to purchase an additional DVDrom or DVD/CDRW combo so you can burn DVD to DVD direct

that's about all i can think of

D'z Nutz
11-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by JoeBoomz
Admins, I run a board personally and make it a point not to iron-fist my users. This user posted that they were looking for a system and we both replied. In all fairness, no company names were mentioned and for all you know these are all just spare parts we're selling off.

&lt;sigh&gt;

Cixz, I'll PM you the details.

For any of the rest of you interested, I can build you complete systems, I don't run a company that advertises AT ALL, and if you want to get a hold of me simply e-mail ([email protected]) me. I won't risk getting banned because I appear to be advertising for free, though this IS a sell-parts board and we were only doing exactly that. Most of my stock is parts that we've used personally because I like to try a lot of different setups. What a piss-off, my first day here and I already have a ban threat.

Originally posted by SteelGhost

I agree, we didn't even mention a single word about selling stuff for any company at all. Apparently advertising is against board rules, but how are we even advertising?

The user asked and we gave answers, isn't this what this is for?

And about the PCI-express, I wasn't say the x600 is faster than the 9800 Pro, just that PCI-express leaves more space for upgrades and such in the future. Unless, the person buys a whole computer everytime he decides to upgrade.

Who ever said you had to be a company to advertise anything? If you read the second marketplace rule:

"private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers

With the exception of paid sponsors, the marketplace here has, and always will be, for private sales. Once you start advertising your services to make a profit, you are advertising as far as we're concerned. We've always enforced these rules. You're not the first, and definitely not the last, that will have to follow these rules. If you're going to offer your services, keep them to PM's, but don't publicly post it and expect us to overlook it. And if you are selling off old parts, that's fine, but you should make that clear. Because when in doubt, us mods will clean up what we consider spam. There's just too much junk that goes on here to review every single case thoroughly.

If you still have a problem with it, here's the exit:

http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_logout.gif (http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=logout)

JoeBoomz
11-25-2004, 09:37 PM
<sigh>

All the parts I sell I own and have already used. I don't order from distributors just to sell them here. I'll do my best to tone it down though Nutz, just for you ;)

...we just go through a lot of parts, that's all :drama:

D'z Nutz
11-25-2004, 10:20 PM
If they're used, that's fine. Just both you and SteelGhost offered a one year warranty on your machines. So you can see from our point of view how that may look like a non-private sale.

Now that we have that cleared up, go nuts :) I might actually need some parts :D

SteelGhost
11-25-2004, 11:29 PM
lol... in my case the parts were new, since i got the to put a computer together for my cousin, but now the stupid bastard doesn't want it anymore so what am i to do with the parts... i guess i could return them, but i don't think they refund open parts...

Cixz
11-26-2004, 11:10 PM
hey guys can u please close this thread i just bought a new comp with jfoulton thanks and please close it and hes definatly a good guy

thanks for the build see ya

jfulton
11-27-2004, 11:34 AM
jsut to clarify its jfulton

later hope you enjoy your new machine