PDA

View Full Version : Talk about shitty

Kirbs17
11-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Talk about the worst first night ever in a new city. I just moved into red deer, and monday night was my first full night there. I got home at about 1:30 am, and locked my car and went inside. I came out in the morning, and some fucker broke into my car, stole my deck, broke off my glove box and stole my sunglasses and cd's and car charger (i locked it, but i guess that didnt mean much to him), and to top it off the winner stole my soccer ball air freshner. I just got back from getting a quote and its gonna cost 750$ to fix the door alone. Go Red Deer. :banghead: :(

hockey_fan59
11-24-2004, 05:45 PM
dude that sucks, hopefully you get it under control

JAYMEZ
11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Damn , i would move out of dead rear if i was you :dunno:

turbo'dGSR
11-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Shit my buddies moving there soon!....ahhh well, thieves are everywhere. take the faceplate and everything else inside, gotta make your car look empty...
sorry to hear man.

Weapon_R
11-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Invest in a security system - it is effective in scaring the junior thieves out there. Yes, if a thief wants to get in, they will, but no one is going to bend over backwards to steal sunglasses and cds...sounds like a couple of kids to me, and they'd run quick if you had a high quality alarm blaring out the sirens.

cycosis
11-24-2004, 06:30 PM
alwasy remove faceplate;)

FiveFreshFish
11-24-2004, 06:32 PM
... and never leave anything in the car with your name and address so car thieves won't be house/garage burglars. Keep registration and insurance in your wallet.

kanjus_paki
11-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
... and never leave anything in the car with your name and address so car thieves won't be house/garage burglars. Keep registration and insurance in your wallet.

this goign a little over board imo.......but whatever makes you feel good i suppose

just depends, if you are goign to get broken into you are bound to anywyas!

Kirbs17
11-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Yea its been a definate wake up call. Im getting an alarm pretty quick here, and Im moving out of that area of Red Deer (I talked to the home owners were im renting a room from, and apparently its not the best area). But thanks for the advice on brining my shit inside, i should have, alas i had the mentality that that shit couldnt happen to me. boy was i wrong. :banghead:

dsmer
11-24-2004, 10:28 PM
theres a bunch of natives down there too that try and jack you at night. friend was almost robbed first night there going to a 7-11.

Chester
11-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by kanjus_paki

this goign a little over board imo.......but whatever makes you feel good i suppose

just depends, if you are goign to get broken into you are bound to anywyas!

Thats not going over board at all. If you have a garage door opener in your car and someone breaks in, takes it and your address your pretty much fucked.

Nissanaddict
11-25-2004, 01:32 PM
unless you're smart enough to recode your garage door opener (10 on off switches for mine...easy)

cookbob
11-25-2004, 02:20 PM
What area of Red Deer do you live in?

Kirbs17
11-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Im in west park, I think the more northwest section of it. I filed all my claims and shit today, so lets wait and see what happens.

Khyron
11-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
unless you're smart enough to recode your garage door opener (10 on off switches for mine...easy)

They don't wait for you to get home first. :nut: Break in the car while you are hard at work, steal the remote/insurance then go straight to your house, back a van into the garage, close the door and you're owned.

I take the remote/reg anytime I'm out of alarm range or if I'm leaving the car somewhere undesirable (Ctrain station, Forest Harlem, etc). Dual deadbolts on the inside garage door, and a house alarm. Good enough.

Khyron

frostyda9
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
You just need to realize your car is never safe. I had my old car stolen from the attended lot at the ACA, and it's been broken in to in my garage while I slept. I've also had my work van broken in to for less than $40-50 worth of stuff. I worked with someone downtown who had his window broken because there was about $5 worth of loose change visible from the outside. :nut:

Zero102
11-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Yep, they slashed my g/f's mom's roof to get $0.75 from the center console, fuckin thiefs.

I as well carry my insurance on me, not leaving it in the car. It's especially important if you do have a garage door opener or whatever.

Speaking of Red Deer, a room-mate of my grandparent's got the crap beaten out of him by 3 native guys with a bat last year. They just finally laid charges on them. 3 counts of public miscief, mother fuckers.
The guy was almost freakin killed, took him 8 months to recover, missed 8 months of work, and 3 counts of public mischief....
They caught the guys when they still had the bat, bloody and all.

Whatever, go Red Deer.

ex1z7
11-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I have a sort've friend who walks around when he's alone, or with others, peering into cars. If a window is rolled down, door unlocked, plastic window (jeep) etc. He gets in and steals anything and everything he wants, but never going out of his way to remove shit like deck etc. Just jacks the couple bucks or so that are in the console.

Or in one instance, a poncho that was in the back seat. Cus that's sanitary..

He's a moron, and, needless to say, doesn't have his license or a car.

Just goes to prove that nobody is safe especially when you're not looking for much. I dislike how some people are so stupid about things. Pry the deck out of the console with a crowbar or something rediculous, damaging it in the process, when it's an old piece of garbage...

Grrr thieves. The most I've stolen from someone was a loaf of bread (out of the 1 or 2 hundred he had in the back of his unlocked truck cover) .. Peer pressure :rolleyes:

Wasn't even a loaf, it was hotdog buns...

2002civic
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
shitty to hear man hopefully everything goes better from now on