PDA

View Full Version : Fastest SRt4 in calgary?

Ek9Max
11-24-2004, 05:48 PM
What's teh fastest times we've seen from srt4's in calgary?

What kind of mods were done to it?

rc2002
11-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Are you planning to buy a neon Max? :D

I ran against one at Race City last time that hit low 14's. I think it had a stage 1 turbo...

JAYMEZ
11-24-2004, 05:55 PM
:zzz: Lol , no idea , you should PM the SRT-4 dudes.

Ek9Max
11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
No I'm not buying one. I'm just curious!

Z_Fan
11-24-2004, 06:29 PM
There was a black one there last year that I saw run 14.3. I think his car was Stage 1 or maybe it was 2. Not sure...but I remember him saying it was modified...

Phuqu2 would know this...

iced_out_00
11-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Alright I work up at Eastside Dodge and we just installed a Stage II Performance package from Mopar. It came with a different BOV and a whole bunch of plumbing wise things. I don't know what he's running but he has Stage II hardware. Also i always see a black SRT-4 up by 32nd and Memorial and he has a crrrrrrrrrazy loud BOV and really drives it i dunno whut he has but it doesn't sound stock.

JAYMEZ
11-25-2004, 12:21 AM
So how come the other mechanically thing you know is a BOV? do you wash the cars or somethin? BOV does shit for HP. Ask Phuqu about his SRT-4 , i heard its pretty fast.

Ek9Max
11-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Hey I work at eastside dodge too!

vegas2005baby
11-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
So how come the other mechanically thing you know is a BOV? do you wash the cars or somethin? BOV does shit for HP. Ask Phuqu about his SRT-4 , i heard its pretty fast.

yes diss him cause he's out of the loop on what parts came with the car, jesus.

Primer_Drift
11-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Low 14's? Thats it? muhahahaha :devil:

civicsi
11-25-2004, 01:37 AM
Stock: 13.9 @ 101 mph in Calgary

Stage 2: 12.8@ ??? mph in Edmonton (from what i can recall)

Your MR2 doesnt stand a chance Max :rofl:

finboy
11-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Low 14's? Thats it? muhahahaha :devil:

just wait till the waranties run out and decent turbo's start going on these things, i'll never be able to keep up with them :(

Ek9Max
11-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by civicsi

LOL!

7thgenvic
11-25-2004, 02:22 AM
god all this talk about 14.1's blahh my civ will run like a 16.9 take that suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaas,

god i really need a faster car! :thumbsdow

cboyspimp
11-25-2004, 03:41 AM
kenetic motorsport made on faster then any in calgary

doublepostwhore
11-25-2004, 09:53 AM
My mom was up against some fool drving his dads' I assume, I was in the car, and it sounded nice, but looked like it couldnt pull for the life of it.

Maybe if it had a nice t3/4 H on it; it might pull decent, but as far as i can see, we matched it in a saturn vue. :burnout: :bullshit:

Boosted_TL
11-25-2004, 09:58 AM
^^^

:rofl:

You just made my morning !

HillBilly
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
BOV does shit for HP.

no but thet help you spool your turbos faster between shifts. Makes you feel a little quicker but it doesn't make up any more hp.

JCX
11-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by civicsi

They'll go mid-low 14's in Calgary stock with a good driver. I'm not sure the fastest here though??

The fastest I know of in Edmonton is the Apex Modified car. It's gon 12.08 (or thereabouts). Their car is gutted, has a new wastegate actuator, a 65 shot and slicks. A few guys with Stage 1, exhaust and drag radials have goe ~13.6 in Edmonton as well.

JCX
11-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
My mom was up against some fool drving his dads' I assume, I was in the car, and it sounded nice, but looked like it couldnt pull for the life of it.

Maybe if it had a nice t3/4 H on it; it might pull decent, but as far as i can see, we matched it in a saturn vue. :burnout: :bullshit:

WTF are you talking about? Are you saying a VUE is equivalent in speed to an SRT-4? Maybe with Mother Theresa driving.

QuasarCav
11-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by JCX

WTF are you talking about? Are you saying a VUE is equivalent in speed to an SRT-4? Maybe with Mother Theresa driving.

:werd:

It just feels fast when you are with mommy.

canadiandaytona
11-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Hahaha
Probably a Stock neon he ran against
Unless the SRT-4 was towing something :rofl:

2.0turbo
11-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JCX

He was joking judging from his own :bullshit: guy at the end of his story.

finboy
11-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
Hahaha

Unless the SRT-4 was towing something :rofl:

like the vue:rofl:

doublepostwhore
11-25-2004, 05:51 PM
LoL the guys who took me seriously should really take things with a grain of salt on here.

He blew the doors of the mo fucker. :nut:

I dunno, I love how they sound though... just so much more throaty and cant forget the turbo spooling then a regular neon w/ aftermarket exhaust.

For those of you that make fun of someone based on age should be more considerate of others' at some point you were young enough to still chill with your mom... at some point you have been in your moms car. Irrevically there will be people that think they are so much cooler then the rest because the drive there own car.

Sorry insurace is killer, im a student and cant really afford to put money into a car, let alone pay the insurance.

Its all good, I just dont see why you guys have to get so excited; I guess next time I will bold the word sarcasm.

Sorry for the drama...

JAYMEZ
11-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T

no but thet help you spool your turbos faster between shifts. Makes you feel a little quicker but it doesn't make up any more hp.

Makes you feel a little quicker?? but doesnt add HP , thats a wierd one lol.

BOVs are good for big after market turbos , and on trucks :D

Other wise they are only good for sound and show. Hence why I have my HKS SSQV on my STi, no performance gain , and doesnt feel like its going faster.

vegas2005baby
11-25-2004, 06:34 PM

BOVs are good for big after market turbos , and on trucks :D

Other wise they are only good for sound and show. Hence why I have my HKS SSQV on my STi, no performance gain , and doesnt feel like its going faster.

Running a turbo car (a fairly fast one) down the track with out a BOV, will run a slower time then one so equiped. This is because that when you let off the gas to shift, the throttle plate snaps shut, and the air has no where to go, so it goes back to the turbo, causing somewhat damaging compressor surge. it also cause the turbos rpms to drop. When you re-apply throttle, you now have to wait for the turbo to come back up to speed.

Almost all turbocharged trucks that I have ever seen are equiped with a Diesel engine. Since diesels throttle fuel instead of air, There is no need for a Blow off valve.

LancerShelby
11-26-2004, 12:40 AM
A friend of mine in Seattle went 12.88@108 with the stage 1 kit and 22'' slicks, everything else bone stock on his 03 SRT-4.

S14maniac
11-27-2004, 03:01 AM
these srt-4 are pretty fast... im suprised dodge can make something good out of those neons.... i test drove 1 and its not bad at all for the price!

jersturbo
12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Did 14.4 @ 100 with turned up boost, but otherwise stock.

Same set-up cars in states (lower elevation) are running into 13s.

Couple of cars with Stage 2 (S2 PCM, adjustable WGA, new MAP & TIP sensors, S2 injectors, Intercooler spray system) ran 13.6? in Edmonton.

FYI

Stage 1 is PCM only (for 04 models).

Stage 2 is S2 PCM (more boost), adjustable WGA, new MAP & TIP sensors, S2 injectors, Intercooler spray system.

Stage 3 is only package with a new turbo included (and all of S2).

Mopar BOV is only just a spacer plate, allowing compressor side pressure vent to atmosphere, vs the stock configuration of returning pressure to intake air-stream.

BOV does nothing for power increase!

Originally posted by Ek9Max
What's teh fastest times we've seen from srt4's in calgary?

What kind of mods were done to it?

jersturbo
12-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Thought Kevs 12 second times were with his Stage 2 system in?

Originally posted by LancerShelby
A friend of mine in Seattle went 12.88@108 with the stage 1 kit and 22'' slicks, everything else bone stock on his 03 SRT-4.

CanadianR
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by finboy

just wait till the waranties run out and decent turbo's start going on these things, i'll never be able to keep up with them :(

Obviously your definition and my defintion of decent must be different. I would gladly trade off peak power for less lag and better response. But then again, i'm not a drag racer like almost everyone on these boards in Alberta.

GQNammer
12-22-2004, 04:02 PM

I guess with that said, weight reduction is wierd also. Makes you feel quicker but doesn't add HP. WOW THAT'S FUCt