PDA

View Full Version : problem with sale of phone!

5abi
11-24-2004, 05:57 PM
hey guys, i bought a t720 from some dude at uni, and it works fine and stuff, worked with my friends rogers card, i thought i'd unlock it. could'tn find some1 to unock it so i sold it. now the problem is the person who bought it, says he phoned rogers and its stolen, i've tried 2 get a hold of the person who i bought it up to clear things up, but that did'nt work as i cant' find him.

so ne ways..... the person who i sold it 2 is gonna call the cops, am i at fault? liable?

Weapon_R
11-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Yes, you can be found liable for the sale of stolen property if indeed the phone is found to be stolen.

The fact that you bought it from someone at University does not necessarily absolve you from wrongdoing. But it is up to the discretion of the police if they want to charge you or not.

kiwi
11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
oooh, ouch!!!
Hope things work out!!!

turbotrip
11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
hah ya with stolen property ur guilty till proven innocent, but dont worry just tell them the same story u just wrote and it should work out fine

good luck

djayz
11-24-2004, 08:35 PM
hmm if the guy wants to use the phone tell him you will activate the card for him.
so just get his sim card activated in another phone(not stolen) then once its all done transfer the sim card from the not stolen from to the presumed stolen one.

roopi
11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Why don't you refund the money to him so he doesn't report it to the police. Then either keep trying to contact the original person (unlikely) or toss the phone. You maybe out a few dollars but at least you're not in trouble with the cops.

5abi
11-24-2004, 09:27 PM
yah true that roopi, naw djayz that aint what he wants...

juss went to the police station for advice im good guys thnx