PDA

View Full Version : My car got hit at Work!!!

ExtremeSi
11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Ok here's the deal. I work for a rental car company and my car was hit in our parking lot by my manager :rofl: .
She's really cool about it (probably because it's coming out of the company's pocket), and we're going to sort out the details tomorow. The damage is not too bad, just my front fender is dented and my headlight is moved over about 2inches and now wedged under my hood. I'm thinking probably $500-$1000 damage.
My question is what are my rights?
Can I go get some estimates and show them the highest estimate and get them to pay me the amount it shows on the estimate? Because that's what I understand to be true, but I don't want to get screwed over or anything.
Also, what are some good high-end body shops that I can check the damage out at? Thanks.

FiveFreshFish
11-24-2004, 08:26 PM
She can demand 3 estimates and is obligated to pay the lowest. But you can show only the highest one if she doesn't know her shit.

Skylinelover
11-24-2004, 08:26 PM
So you want to go and get money out of them?

ExtremeSi
11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't particularly want to get money out of them no. I want my car to get fixed right and by a high quality shop however. I want to know how I can go about doing this

GoChris
11-24-2004, 08:49 PM
you have to get more than one estimate, you cant just goto the most expensive and expect to get that, doesnt work that way.

get at least 2 estimates

Boost Infested
11-24-2004, 08:56 PM
get a bj from her. lol

GT2NV
11-24-2004, 09:04 PM
go to A1 most expensive body shop, get a quote from there, then get the insurance to pay out and take it to someone privatly and youll end up saving alot of money:thumbsup:

GT2NV
11-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by rlde.us
you have to get more than one estimate, you cant just goto the most expensive and expect to get that, doesnt work that way.

get at least 2 estimates
all i needed was one:dunno:

ExtremeSi
11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
go to A1 most expensive body shop, get a quote from there, then get the insurance to pay out and take it to someone privatly and youll end up saving alot of money:thumbsup:

thanks I'll check it out. I should know tomorow how many estimates they ar expecting and all that, but I will check out that shop.
Is it called A1 Body shop or something like that?

MP5
11-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
get a bj from her. lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
and fix your car

Zero102
11-25-2004, 06:20 PM
If it's insurance, or even just the company's pocket, they will probably want at least 2 estimates.

That's some shitty luck.

If you provide 3, I believe they are obligated to pay the average of them, not the lowest one. Every time I've submitted 3 estimates to an insurance company, they always average the 3, and pay me that.

Police
11-25-2004, 07:37 PM
you need 2 and they usually pay the lowest one