PDA

View Full Version : FS: ABIT KV8Pro Motherboard & AMD 3200+ CPU - $400 CAD

JoeBoomz
11-24-2004, 08:52 PM
This is a particularly fast combination of parts.

The motherboard is revision 1.1 (the good one with the proper working PCI lock). The CPU runs at 2.2 GHz but overclocks without complaint on air (using an all-copper Opteron cooler, included) to 2.4 GHz. PiFast score is around 53 seconds (around the speed of an Intel P4 Northwood running at 4GHz). ABIT, as usual, has loaded up the motherboard with gigabit LAN, 6-channel onboard audio (with optical SPDIF in/out) and SATA RAID support.

ABIT KV8Pro Motherboard product page
http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=KV8+Pro&fMTYPE=Socket+754

3-year warranties are provided on the motherboard and CPU by ABIT and AMD respectively.

Interested parties please e-mail ([email protected]) me. I will deliver anywhere in Calgary.

omagedon
11-25-2004, 05:16 PM
You should lower the price since combined (RETAIL and NEW) is less than your calling price (From Memory Express/NCIX)....

I was seriously considering this and found out its not a good deal and hope no ones gets jipped.

JoeBoomz
11-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Memory Express doesn't carry the board, and NCIX has it for ~$130, so add your tax and shipping. Memory Express' price on the chip is $250. Add your tax and do the math.

Please e-mail ([email protected]) me what you think is a fair price and I may just agree and sell for that amount. The parts are about a month old and barely used. Most of the parts I go through I just use to test and write some reviews, then I just sell them off again.

Also consider you're getting an all copper (Opteron) heatsink for the CPU instead of the standard aluminum one. A retail all-copper heatsink costs at least $30 usually. <shrug> I think the price is fair, but like I said, e-mail me what you're willing to pay.

JoeBoomz
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Dropping price, now asking $380. Need to move these parts :P