PDA

View Full Version : infinity subs

J-DUBZ86
11-25-2004, 12:51 AM
i just bought a 10" infinity for my truck and i made a box that fits the specs. do i have to stuff it with material cuz it makes a spike sound and im not even running too many watts through it yet. it chops out when a deep hard bass sound hits. whats up with that?>

Weapon_R
11-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Sounds like you bought a blown sub.

rahim
11-25-2004, 01:43 AM
if it was blown it wouldn't play at all

Weapon_R
11-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by rahim
if it was blown it wouldn't play at all

Uh yes it would, it would just sound like ass

rahim
11-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Uh yes it would, it would just sound like ass

damaged subs would sound like ass, if you actually blow it and seperate the voice coil there is no circuit, therefor no sound

BumpinTalon
11-25-2004, 02:25 PM
there are a lot of ways to break a sub. blown subs don't always not play. I think if the spider separates from the cone or the basket, it would still count as blown but it will still play. if you break the cone it will still play but it will sound like ass. i think that would be blown too, and so on
the sub might still be overpowered and hitting the back plate or something.. and usually that sound can be hidden by bass but once you play low bass that is beneath the subwoofer's range there won't be anything to hide that terrible sound anymore.

rahim
11-25-2004, 02:55 PM
guess it just depends what you consider blown

Weapon_R
11-25-2004, 03:02 PM
True, blown to me means anything that is not working optimally. If a speaker cracks, plays with reduced quality, or buzz's, it all means blown to me.

Your definition was much more precise.