PDA

View Full Version : Alexander

BebeAphrodite
11-25-2004, 02:03 AM
anyone seen it?
Any reviews?

PH1PH1
11-25-2004, 02:04 AM
is it a movie? maybe ill go check it out tomorrow ..

badseed
11-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Just saw it tonight with my gf. I have to say it was pretty impressive, excellent cast, great story, and hardcore battles.
I give it an A++ :thumbsup: Everybody should check it out.

PH1PH1
11-25-2004, 02:08 AM
^^sold me ... did ur g.f like it? im bringing my friend n shez real real picky .. plus itz her bday so i want her to enjoy the movie if at all possible :thumbsup:

badseed
11-25-2004, 02:13 AM
My girl liked it alot. I dunno most girls like Colin Farell so I'm sure she'll be content. It defintiely got some gore and violence but any good epic requires this.

CKY
11-25-2004, 03:54 AM
to the ppl thats watched this movie: how would u guys rate this movie? good? bad? or comparing it to other war movies like gladiator, troy, n king arthur?

statick
11-25-2004, 08:54 AM
i'm going to see it 2morw. from what i hear it should be good:thumbsup:

mwmhong
11-25-2004, 09:03 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alexander/

A very low 15% approval from critics. :eek:

Read some of the reviews, they are just brutal. :thumbsdow:

86max
11-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by badseed
My girl liked it alot. I dunno most girls like Colin Farell so I'm sure she'll be content. It defintiely got some gore and violence but any good epic requires this.
haha:werd:

guy: "hey we gotta go see this alexander movie, looks sweet!"
girl: "NO!"
guy: "but baby! it has colin farell!"
girl: "oh, well ok then, only because i love you"

lol I can see it coming.

hexified
11-25-2004, 09:28 AM
id watch it only because of angelina jolie :drool: :rofl:

Melinda
11-25-2004, 11:31 AM
I love history and movies from centuries ago so this movie looks awesome...haha that and Angelina Jolie is in it, she's smokin' :D

Shampoo Suicide
11-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Whoever watches a movie because there is someone "hot" in it is a complete whore.

Seanith
11-25-2004, 04:44 PM
^ haha

My buddy went to the sneak preview, and said it was absolute crap. He didn't really like Troy though, i thought it kicked ass :dunno:
He said he thought Troy was 10x better than Alexander..

BebeAphrodite
11-25-2004, 10:38 PM
ya... I read rottentomatoes yesterday and the rating was at 13% and Louis B Hobson gave it 4 outta 5 stars. So pretty mixed ratings. That's why I was wondering who had seen it.

I'm going to watch both Alexanders! :D

no_joke
11-25-2004, 11:35 PM
I think Louis B. Hobson likes every movie that comes out. His reviews aren't that insightful. I'd check out what Peter Travers of Rolling Stone has to say.

Kamen
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I have yet to see it but every paper review I've read said it's a snore :zzz:

BebeAphrodite
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by no_joke
I think Louis B. Hobson likes every movie that comes out. His reviews aren't that insightful. I'd check out what Peter Travers of Rolling Stone has to say.

hmm.. I find Hobson finds every big name director or movie star's movies good... but I've seen him give 2.5 for people who aren't well known

Melinda
11-26-2004, 12:46 AM
I find I disagree with critics quite a bit so I've learned to ignore them and if I think it looks like a good movie, I watch it...alexander looks like a great movie so I intend to see it :D

Benny
11-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Friend: "Hey man, wanna go see Alexander tomorrow?"
The Royal We: "Pass. I'm not sitting through another 3 hour piece of shit like Troy was."

On the plus side, the review in the Herald was pretty funny.

CKY
11-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Friend: "Hey man, wanna go see Alexander tomorrow?"
The Royal We: "Pass. I'm not sitting through another 3 hour piece of shit like Troy was."

On the plus side, the review in the Herald was pretty funny.

:werd: troy was brutal

and what did the critics say about the movie?

badseed
11-26-2004, 02:35 AM
I don't know how anybody sould say Troy was brutal, IMO Troy was wicked. Alexander does not have as much battle sequences but c'mon how can you go wrong with Oliver Stone. To each their own I guess.:dunno:

Singel
11-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Braveheart > All other movies combined, although Gladiator and the Last Samurai were pretty good, and I haven't seen Troy or Alexander yet, but it don't matter, William Wallace fucks them all up

Melinda
11-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Werd, braveheart was the shit...incredible movie!

Skyline_Addict
11-27-2004, 10:50 AM
well, you guys know hollywood.... hollywood loves taking historically inclined movies and turning them into sappy blockbusters. i mean come'on, the Last Samurai....starring...Tom...Cruise? he's the last samurai? lol....geez, hollywood. anyways, I thought troy was pretty good and I enjoyed last samurai for it's awesome cinematic appeal (rather than the credibility of it's storyline and character development). king arthur looks ok too, i'll probably end up seeing it anyway. looks like a very "troyish" movie.

boostless
11-27-2004, 01:01 PM
alexander the less than mediocre isnt worth goin to see IMO
saw it, didnt think it was worth the time wasted :thumbsdow

5abi
11-27-2004, 01:27 PM
i ahve'nt c'n it but i can tell u the movie aint accurate for sure

alexander wuz a homo who killed his father phillip.

this shits not gonna be in the movies for sure

boostless
11-27-2004, 01:28 PM
yea nd they got confused w/ his histoircal mother, and medusa being his mythical mother as well

ExtremeSi
11-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I saw it and thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. The girl I brought with me actually fell asleep at one point. And maybe I'm just stupid, but half the time I was confused because the plot just seemed to jump around. It seemed to drag on forever too... it was nowhere near the epic it was made out to be.
I felt no compassion or awe or anything for any character in the movie. You know how some movies actually make you tingle at some high points? There was none of that.
But that's just my opinion

grocko
11-27-2004, 05:48 PM
:werd: I almost fell asleep too....it might have been me, but did it seem like the actors had IRISH accents instead of Greek? Russell Crowe would have made for a WAY better Alexander IMO. The plot did jump around at bits too, and what was the whole angle on him being Bi?? For the first time in a while i'm disappointed in paying out $10.95 to see a movie

Alexander = :thumbsdow

Gspotracer
11-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by boostless
alexander the less than mediocre isnt worth goin to see IMO
saw it, didnt think it was worth the time wasted :thumbsdow

I agree, just rent it when it comes out, I just got home from seeing it & some people were leaving the theater, & there was still 1/2 hr left:dunno: just seemed to drag on forever

But the fight scenes were good:thumbsup:

statick
11-28-2004, 09:05 AM
^fight scenes were the only good part. i wouldnt reccomend tis movie to anybody:barf:

badseed
11-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Just saw it tonight with my gf. I have to say it was pretty impressive, excellent cast, great story, and hardcore battles.
I give it an A++ :thumbsup: Everybody should check it out.

Well I guess nobody liked it, in that case ignore my post.

BebeAphrodite
11-28-2004, 01:39 PM

Well I guess nobody liked it, in that case ignore my post.

hmm.. why would we ignore ur post?
I'm confused. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so if you liked it ur say counts as much as those who didn't like it

jaysas_63
11-29-2004, 01:27 AM
lol this movie had sooo little historical integrity its not even funny.....ne ways i could be biased, never like seein the persians bein rocked lol...

habsfan
11-29-2004, 08:12 PM
ya, they officially changed alexander the great to "alexander the mediocre at best and blatantly homosexual" unless you want to see one of the greatest stories in greek mythology totally bastardized, dont see it :thumbsdow

jaysas_63
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
ya, they officially changed alexander the great to "alexander the mediocre at best and blatantly homosexual" unless you want to see one of the greatest stories in greek mythology totally bastardized, dont see it :thumbsdow

well in all fairness alexander was gay (or BIsexual...whatever u wanna call it , he got it up the ass)...and did have a male lover....actually the lover was a persian man, and that man influenced him to burn down perspolis (the capital of persia)...alexander then felt like shit afterwards showing regret for burnin down such a great monument.