PDA

View Full Version : Where to paint your bimmer and get M5 Bodykits for your E39?

kerr
11-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Does anyone have and recommendations on what manufacturer to go with to make my 98 E39 540i look like a M5. Also where does everyone get ther painting doen at?

Clem
11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
OEM BMW M5 bumpers etc will fit your car.

ZorroAMG
11-25-2004, 04:55 PM
All my paint work is done by Ernest at Exotic Cars International

C4S
11-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Factory M5 bumper and kits are not expensive, and better take to a good body shop such as Maranello to do it, I think one of their owner did the same upgrade to his E39.:thumbsup:

You probaby need the foglamp kits as well ... M5 front and rear bumper may only cost you ~$3,000 :thumbsup:

kerr
11-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Do you guys think that the fog lamps wil have the same connectors as my originals. I think thats all there is other than maybe the outside temp sensor im not sure if thats in the mirror or in the front bumper. If thats all that sounds really easy. I only hope that they can blend the paint I really do not want to paint the whole car.

Kaos
11-26-2004, 11:49 AM
As C4S was sayin about the 540i owner at maranello having the M5 front bumper, my brother in law was the original owner of that car.
I am pretty sure that the connectors for the foglights were the same, all you pretty much have to do is buy the factory foglights for the bumper and your set.
If you are getting work done there, they do great work!

FiveFreshFish
11-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Keep in mind there are dual exhaust openings on the M5 rear bumper so you need to budget for an exhaust upgrade.

Kaos
11-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Keep in mind there are dual exhaust openings on the M5 rear bumper so you need to budget for an exhaust upgrade.
And dont forget a custom exhaust set-up to fit around the spare tire. :thumbsup:

tc3
11-26-2004, 09:12 PM
You can get a OEM rear bumper with a single exhaust. They came on the 2001+ 540 with the M-tech package.

kerr
11-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Yea I am definatley going to order the Eisenmann Quad pipe racing exhaust for sure that is what prompted me to have to get the bumbers in the first place......well that and the fact that I keep hooking my front bumber on fucking parking blocks till I finally ripped it on the bottom lip. I got a quote from crowfoot BMW for the M technic package and it was $4300 inc GST. Plus another $1500-1800 for painting it. I was not expecting it to be that high:eek: That includes everything from bumpers to wiring and fog lights but he said it also included side sills and all the M trim for the door mouldings also he said it had air ducts and some other miscillanious? i dont n=know what i need air ducts for. I think if i owned a actual M5 I would be pissed that they sold this to guys with 540is but it works in my case. I was hoping that some aftermarket place could sell me just the bumpers, sidesills, and foglights like AC schnitzer or someone maybe cheaper. Crowfoot also says that have never done this before.Maybe ill try phoning maranello and se where that dude got his. Thank you again guys for your advice.

FiveFreshFish
11-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Since our dollar is doing so well against the US buck, why not try calling some BMW dealers down there for a quote?

Two reputable dealers with great prices I keep hearing about are Circle BMW and Pacific BMW.

Tuner1
11-28-2004, 12:36 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yea I am definatley going to order the Eisenmann Quad pipe racing exhaust for sure that is what prompted me to have to get the bumbers in the first place

We have a used one in stock if you are looking for a deal :)

You should also give us a try on the M5 kit...I know we can save you money vs. the dealer!

Rob

NiteRider
11-28-2004, 10:46 PM
rob also sells a exhaust for a 540i, that gives it the M5 exhaust

dual double tipped, so with the kit and exhaust, its almost impossible to tell apart from the real M5, if u dont beleive me,
ask my dad
he gets asked all the time

kerr
11-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Rob

do you have a used bodykit or exhaust?

kerr
11-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Rob,

Regardless, do not sell I will call you ASAP

Jason