PDA

View Full Version : Towing vehicles..the other side.

fast95pony
11-25-2004, 05:21 PM
We always have a problem at work with illegally parked vehicles.We have 5 spots ,reserved 24 hours. This morning 3 of the 5 spots were filled with illegal cars.All the spots have large RESERVED 24 hours and WE TOW signs. We had them ticketed and towed.
Why do these idiots think they can leave their cars for days or weeks in a small, busy parking lot without at least getting a ticket??
:banghead:

Watching them wander around looking for their cars is amusing though....:D

Weapon_R
11-25-2004, 05:33 PM
What is the process for having a vehicle towed? Do you pay the tow truck first and collect later from the vehicles, or do the tow trucks collect their tow fee from the people whose cars have been towed?

fast95pony
11-25-2004, 05:37 PM
We call the City Parking Authority.An officer drives out ,tickets the car , and calls a tow truck.The cars end up at the city lot on Manchester Rd.

freakin
11-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
What is the process for having a vehicle towed? Do you pay the tow truck first and collect later from the vehicles, or do the tow trucks collect their tow fee from the people whose cars have been towed?

Like fast95pony said, the car has to be ticketed first. You can't just call a tow truck to tow it. Just call up the city and have them come down and take care of it for you.

I used to have this problem at my old work. People would park in front of our loading bay. If I was out in one of the comany vehicles, I'd just park behind them and not move it until I was ready to leave. It's enough of a pain in the ass hauling monitors and other computer equipment without a car in the way of where I need to move it.

5.9 R/T
11-25-2004, 06:47 PM
I do this in front of my house too haha :D

Fluidic
11-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Where the towed car was parked -- is there a note left so that the owner at least knows his car wasn't stolen? I've never understood that. If I came out, and my car was gone, the first thing to mind would be that someone stole it.

Spyderman_MaryJ
11-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic
Where the towed car was parked -- is there a note left so that the owner at least knows his car wasn't stolen? I've never understood that. If I came out, and my car was gone, the first thing to mind would be that someone stole it.

But as soon as you call the police to report it stolen, they will inform you otherwise!

:D

That's why it has to be ticketed before it can be towed... otherwise it IS theft.

fast95pony
11-25-2004, 08:01 PM
The sign at the stall that says "Reserved 24 hours " and WE TOW " might be a hint too...;)

freakin
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
I do this in front of my house too haha :D

The problem with that is that people can legally park out front of your house. It's a public street. It is annoying though.

GoChris
11-26-2004, 10:11 AM
ya i'd be surprised if you could "own" the parking on the street in front of your house. I hate it when people park in front of your house though so I wouldnt do that unless an emergency or something, some people think nothing of it, pisses me off

5.9 R/T
11-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by freakin

The problem with that is that people can legally park out front of your house. It's a public street. It is annoying though.

Ah, unless they leave that vehicle there for over 72 hours and its not registured to a house within 2 blocks. So yes they can park there but not indefinitely. I've had two cars towed from this already.

Moonracer
11-26-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm having this problem right now. F@##$%N pisses me off cause I have to go searching for a stall myself and I don't have time to dick around doing that. That's why we got a "Reserved" stall so after just having the first few ticketed I have them tagged and towed now. I'm really sick of it. :thumbsdow

2002civic
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
ya i knwo the feeling, and i hate when u see able bodies people with handicap parking passes when i drive around for an hour looking for a spot(not that im handicapped but if they can scam the system nto fair i cant;)) also, i ahte neighbors who have 4-5 cars and park on the street, or i live in townhouses in leth with 2-4 roommates in each place and no driveways with everyone owning a car = mass parking problems

freakin
11-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Ah, unless they leave that vehicle there for over 72 hours and its not registured to a house within 2 blocks. So yes they can park there but not indefinitely. I've had two cars towed from this already.

^^ Very true, but I think the distance is a 1 or 2 KM radius from it's registered address.

Also with that handicapped thing, just because someone isn't in a wheelchair doesn't mean that they're able-bodied. Some people just can't walk far distances because of health complications. I could see how you might think that though, just realize that it's not always obvious why they have the parking pass. I used to have a teacher that had a fake leg. You could hardly tell by the way he walked, and he used to get comments all the time.

All that being said, I tend to get pissed off when my neighbors have a party and I can't park out front of my house, but if it's only one night then I don't stress too much about it.

2002civic
11-26-2004, 04:21 PM
thats true there are alot of non able bodied people that cant walk well etc but im talking about the 16-20 yr olds that u see hop out and run to meet friends or stuff, using mommy or daddy or even the grandparents pass kinda shit